JXD Game Pad 3 - S7800B RileyROM 1.3 Jellybean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JXD Game Pad 3 - S7800B RileyROM 1.3 Jellybean

Thanks to FT user Bitneak, I received an update for the JXD S7800B in the form of a Jellybean firmware.

This ROM is based on firmware dated 5/24/14.

Please keep in mind that v1.2 is a KitKat ROM. If you have it installed, and you want to flash this Jellybean ROM...you MUST follow these steps...or you will brick your tablet.

1. Find where you saved the 1.2 KK ROM and launch the flash tool for it. You may need to download it again.

2. Reboot to Flash Mode.

3. Erase IDB from the KK Flash Tool.

4. Close the KK Flash Tool.

5. Launch the 1.3 Jellybean flash tool.

6. Make sure the loader is checked at the top of the list (by default, it isn't checked...THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!)

7. Do NOT erase IDB again...just flash the ROM.

8. It may hang on first boot...but that's OK. Just reboot to flash mode again (you may have to do it manually...I think it's volume+ and power) Erase IDB and flash the whole ROM, including the loader.bin...this time only from the 1.3.JB flash tool.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated - all Chinese apps, game stores and emulators are removed
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    Auto Install added (automatically installs apk files in the "autoinstall" folder on your external SD) Thanks Leolas and 900supersport
    English default
    Google Play Store fixes (including spoofing as a Samsung device)
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_pt (will be installed after first boot, after stock recovery formats everything)

From what I'm reading, JXD fixed the vsync issue in the kernel on this release...among some other stuff. Just look at the 1.2 thread for more information on the change log.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Download

Please remember to donate.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

short feedback.... its working great!

I carefully follow your tutorial and its was done without any problem. (first boot was a bit long to format \data ) My Jxd was on your kikat version 1.2.

Abdul_pt recovery is working.

thanks!

Comment

keymapper?

Comment

Can I use this image to flash S7300C?
        Both 7800B and 7300S from JXD have the RK3188 chip.

Do you believe that it's possible do such change without breaking my device.

Comment

The kernels are different. You'll have things that don't work if you flash this ROM on an S7300C.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Hi, I installed the webclaw rom, but there is a problem with the power function. How do I install RileyRom 1.3? Using the same method of upgrading from kit kat? Does it solves the V-sync 60hz emulator problems too? Sorry if I was not clear, I'm new to this and english is not my native language. I appreciate if someone can help

Comment

The instructions for installing this ROM are in the pdf file in the ROM zip. It's called First Time User's Guide.

Please read that, and then ask further questions if required.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

The ROM causes sleep/wake issues on the newe JXD S7800B. Any chance we can get the fixed kernel.img file to use with this ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Lord View Post
                  The ROM causes sleep/wake issues on the newe JXD S7800B. Any chance we can get the fixed kernel.img file to use with this ROM?
                  You can get it here

It works on CM11 beta rom but havent tested on Rileys yet.
                  Last edited by GRiM; 10-16-2014, 00:56.

Comment

Thank you for this awesome ROM!
                    I have RK3188T so i flashed lujji kernel (http://yaa.im/2fb9afbec58f009f) and everything except stock key-mapper is working great (no noise, power, r stick, vsync issues) and Antutu gives me 23188. I will never change this ROM and kernel

Comment

Sounds like you've found the right combination.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

@riley, could i encounter problems if i do the trick to swap nand -> external_sd in vold.fstab file in the /etc folder ?

it's useful for large obb / data games to have the external_sd as standard application cache. (32GB external vs 4GB internal).

thanks

Comment

It shouldn't hurt to try it. Worst case, you would have to flash back to the conventional setup if it doesn't work. I haven't tried doing it.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

i don't know what is happening, but it's all day i try to
                            1) flash the rom -> success
                            2) entering system -> success
                            3) google play update some applications -> success
                            4) installing some apps using google play -> google play stays for ever in installing status and meanwhile the device become slow, even freeze app when supersu has to be called to grant permission. If the popup show itself, it show after 5-10 minutes. Anyway all the system is slow.

Then i repeat from number 1.

The first time i set the parameter to leave 6GB to system, then i reflashed all using the standard parameter file, 4GB.

i'm lost

EDIT: now the system finally works: i granted to supersu all application that require root before letting google play store updates the apps.

IMPORTANT EDIT: for the internet: the problem that googleplay hangs or not permit downloading/installing apps will be RESOLVED if you delete and recreate your google account in settings (if you can't, you have to delete the file accounts.db in /data/system, then save and reboot).
                            Last edited by bubu83; 11-22-2014, 12:38.

Comment

For people that want to swap the internal sdcard to external sd in the rileyRom 1.3 firmware , you have to edit the file vold_nand.stab in the system/etc folder.

modify these two lines from

Code:
                              dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /dev/block/mtd/by-name/user /dev/block/platform/emmc/by-name/user
                              dev_mount sdcard /mnt/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc
                              to

Code:
                              dev_mount flash /mnt/external_sd auto /dev/block/mtd/by-name/user /dev/block/platform/emmc/by-name/user
                              dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc
                              then Save and Reboot.

done

Comment

Working...
                              X