Announcement

Collapse

OUKITEL K6000 Plus Giveaway

You can search for some eggs these days or hide some for your children,
but you won't like to miss the FreakTab Easter Giveaway Action sponsored by EFOX.

Click here to Enter --> https://goo.gl/W6voQw
See more
See less

RockChip RK30 Common Bug - External SDcard Corruption!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I have used titanium backup to a NTFS formatted sdcard so you must have some other problem?
    Titanium does not care what it is formatted.

Bob
    Good news that Titanium doesn't care about the format. I'll go back to it and try again.

Ant

Comment

If you have a RK30 device other than what I named above, PLEASE post here if you have this issue or not. I think compiling a larger sample report from users will help the situation many of us are facing and help bring it to the attention of RockChip or the ROM manufacturers

Bob
      This may be happening to me on my Minix NeoX5 which has, I believe, an RK3066. Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by davidw View Post
        This may be happening to me on my Minix NeoX5 which has, I believe, an RK3066. Damn!
        Later kernels and ROM's seem to have fixed this. _fun's CWM works without this issue but it uses the latest kernels.
        I do not know what ROM your running but make sure it's the lattest!

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Later kernels and ROM's seem to have fixed this. _fun's CWM works without this issue but it uses the latest kernels.
          I do not know what ROM your running but make sure it's the lattest!

Bob
          Thanks for the response Bob. I am using your 1.2b on my Neo X5. I got a CWM version of it posted elsewhere here. So far, my results are quite good and your work is greatly appreciated. But I decided to at least give 4.2.2 a sniff test. So I first took a Nandroid backup to my external SD card. All seemed fine so I installed BorgDroid 4.2.2. Didn't take me long to decide I was better off by far with your ROM. So I tried to go back by restoring my backup. Not good. The restore dies fairly silently very soon after it starts. There is no message, the CWM menu is simply re-displayed and nothing more happens. I put the SD card through a Windows disk check and it indeed found hosed-up files. So perhaps this issue still exists? I am back to a clean install of 1.2b and will have to put Humpty Dumpty back together manually. Thanks

Comment

FIX

A good fix for fat32 cards would be to plug into a pc via a card reader usb or internal reader and if it is recognized then just use mini tool partition wizard to highlight the sd card and delete the partition, then create a ntfs partition on the card and then take the card and put it in a phone like an android phone and then format it thus converting the card back to fat32 mounted in an android device.I did this using a galaxy s3 clone (haipi i9377) in order to restore my sd card when it said it was damaged in my K-R42 android tv box (rk3188) a while back.
            Last edited by PHYSC; 10-24-2013, 17:45.
            What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D 4.1.1 Jelly Bean...

has this problem; so reckon I better bump this thread. External_sd is basically unwriteable. External_sd is owned by system and group system R/W. Ext-sd does show corrupt in Windows disk check. I am about to format to NTFS. Anyone got other suggestions for a possible tweak?

I've managed to upload (dump) a stock ROM for the device. I am just beginning to peak around inside a mount of system.

BTW, I've learned a lot and nowhere more than here at Freaktab. I am happy to make the Visual Land stock ROM available to others who need to rescue a brick from bootloader.

Comment

Working...
              X