Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFINITY TV Go App Fix - Willing to Pay

Hello,

Considering that Comcast is the largest cable provider in the N. America, I'm sure there are a BUNCH of XFINITY Tv Go App users that would be willing to donate to the cause of getting the app to work on RK3288.

"ERROR::3001 Account Credentials Have Expired, Please Log out"

Sometimes the app will play for 45 minutes (late at night) before getting the error. Sometimes it will only work for 1 minute.

This app works perfectly on the amlogic M8 (tomato) which is rooted. With that said, it would be greatly appreciated if somebody could look into the authentication process, and figure out why it randomly crashes with the ERROR:3001. HDMI Virtual Switch does NOT work, nor any of the other proposed solutions.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

I don't think this is possible, it doesn't work on my AMLogic boxes either, I believe a result of the fact the boxes are not authorized devices. If there is a magic way to overcome that issue, great but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. If you have a rooted AMLogic box and it is working, don't expect long term success, it is an oversight of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG8 View Post
      I don't think this is possible, it doesn't work on my AMLogic boxes either, I believe a result of the fact the boxes are not authorized devices. If there is a magic way to overcome that issue, great but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. If you have a rooted AMLogic box and it is working, don't expect long term success, it is an oversight of some sort.
      If, during the authentication process, it checks against a database for authorized devices, then why does it work for extended periods of time before throwing an ERROR? Also, what is the point of spoofing the device if the app can detect it? I don't own the M8 anymore; however, for the time I did own it, the XFINITY app worked flawlessly. It's very possible it still works flawlessly on the M8.

WatchESPN works similarly RK3288- I can watch (sometimes for hours) until it unexpectidly crashes. However, at least with WatchESPN I can quickly close out, and then re-open the app with minimal annoyance.

The problem is that most Dev's are from countries that don't have Comcast, so they don't care about it. You will notice that most of the other countries can get past their cable provider's DRM issues via modified APK's. So no, "magic" is NOT required; however, a little time and effort are required.
      Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
        If you are using ethernet, try this
        http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...ction-t2800416
        Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I am having this issue while using WIFI connection.

Perhaps this will provide some insight/help...

XFINITY TV Go App - Google Play Store:

REQUIREMENTS:
        • Wi-Fi internet connection for streaming and download of video
        • Android phone or tablet running Android 2.3 and higher.
        • XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service. You will also need a subscription to one or more eligible channels to play content.
        • Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.

Streaming and downloading of video is not available internationally

**** Explanation of permissions requested:
        * permission.INTERNET - Access the Internet.
        * permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - We use the ID of your phone to prevent playback abuse.
        * permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - We tune playback if you are on WiFi.
        * permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - We detect connectivity before allowing playback.
        * permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - We cache browse images to your sdcard to save your bandwidth.
        * permission.WAKE_LOCK - We prevent your device from sleeping during playback.
        * permission.WRITE_SETTINGS - Used if you enable our advanced brightness and volume controls for use during playback
        * permission.RECORD_AUDIO - This version includes experimental support for voice-guided navigation

Comment

Originally posted by Luxilon View Post
          If, during the authentication process, it checks against a database for authorized devices, then why does it work for extended periods of time before throwing an ERROR? Also, what is the point of spoofing the device if the app can detect it? I don't own the M8 anymore; however, for the time I did own it, the XFINITY app worked flawlessly. It's very possible it still works flawlessly on the M8.

WatchESPN works similarly RK3288- I can watch (sometimes for hours) until it unexpectidly crashes. However, at least with WatchESPN I can quickly close out, and then re-open the app with minimal annoyance.

The problem is that most Dev's are from countries that don't have Comcast, so they don't care about it. You will notice that most of the other countries can get past their cable provider's DRM issues via modified APK's. So no, "magic" is NOT required; however, a little time and effort are required.
          I don't think the M8 works with Xfinity TV Go now but I don't own one to know for certain although I do own a similar box, S82B, and this is what I see after some starting and stopping, completely unusable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-27-09-09-11.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	436939

I don't recall ESPN3 as completely unusable with my box, only that it doesn't work well enough for me to use and since I have a box that can play ESPN3 in high quality without crashing and restarting, I use it instead. I don't think the dev's are the problem here at all, the problem is trying to make something that shouldn't work, work and then complaining because it doesn't. I owned approved boxes before trying one of these and knew beforehand what to expect with these boxes.

Comment

anyone that can get the comcast and hbo app working on this rom i will pay .1 BTC , any one up to this ?

Comment

Hi

I am also willing to contribute money wise if someone can work this out why this error occurs with xfintiy app.
              i have tried earlier versions of the app and it makes no difference.
              It works perfect on all my rk3188 boxes and sticks, but not on rk3288 devices
              .It will sometimes stream for a minute and sometimes for an hour then it behaves if has forgotten the username and password.

Would the lack of flash player have anything to do with it on the rk3288 devices.Unlike some other apps i dont believe the app checks for authorized devices.
              I am also able to provide username and parrsword for some one to work this out

Comment

Bumping this old thread. Any solution to the Xfinity TV Go App? On the iPhone community there is lots of help on this since there is an app called Flex for jailbroken devices that hooks into any app and allow you to change values on the app to allow features that are normally locked out.

I have the Xfinity TV Go App fully working with HDMI out on the iPhone but it does not show full screen probably because of the iPhone resolution. The Android App on my Android Box shows full screen and the quality is great but it quits the stream after a few seconds of playing. There is some DRM stuff that needs to be removed. I believe this app has this checks.

It checks if the device is supported
                It checks if the device is rooted
                It checks if the device is connected to HDMI

Those are the checks that I have removed for the iPhone app using Flex.

Is there a similar program to Flex for Android? Or are there any good cracking forums for Android with patched APKs?

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

OK I think I have patched Xfinity TV Go to the point that it works on my Tronsmart AW80 Telos. Is not asking me to logout and is not quiting the streams now.

I found the closest thing to Flex 2 that I use on my iPhone. It's called XPrivacy. Here is the installer.

Code:
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=biz.bokhorst.xprivacy.installer&hl=en
                  Follow the instructions of the installer and it will get installed everything you need.

I will post a screenshot of the values I'm blocking on the App to make it work.

I'm not sure if I can create a patched APK with Xprivacy. If I can I will post the patched APK.

Comment

Thanks for the clue to try XPrivacy.
                    The app kept on throwing ERROR 3001 message on my MK809 Android TV stick until I tried XPrivacy.
                    My impression the app frequently checks "Phone->getNetworkOperatorName" along with other secondary things.
                    The app is not happy that MK809 naturally returns an empty string since TV stick has no cellular connection.
                    When I put a dummy value like "AT&T" using XPrivacy it stopped throwing that error.
                    Now it has been running for several days without issues. I recommend to play a bit with XPrivacy since its interface a bit confusing and run something like "SystemInfo" tool to see if it really returns desired fake operator name.
                    Last edited by igor_v; 09-05-2015, 15:03.

Comment

I know this is an old post but i found a way to get the xfinity tv app (not the tv go app) to work on a lot of boxes.

U must be rooted and have xposed installed. Im using the xfinity tv app (not the tv go app).

Next install root cloak mod and receiver stop mod for xposed.

Open root cloak and install the library for native root. Open the list and clear it. Add the xfinity app to the list.

Next open the receiverstop and add xfinity app to the list and block all receivers.

Reboot and profit.

This has also work for a few other providers. Give it a shot and see how it goes. If anyone has all 4 can u try with ur box. A few of us get audio but no video with it.

Comment

Does someone perhaps have a way to run Foxtel Go app on a tv box?
                        I checks for root, external display and Allshare.
                        It is only this message that still needs to be solved.
                        'Your device is not compatible, please disable Allshare and try again'.
                        Allshare is a casting app on Samsung devices and not present on any tv box, so it must be looking for some other casting ability.
                        Unfortunately ReceiverStop Xposed module can't find any intents for this app.

Comment

Someone set me something re this hang on ill copy paste it.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I stalled xposed by the instructions on post 19 at this link
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...scussion/page2

Then install rootcloak mod. Open it and click on native root. Install library then go to add apps and clear the list. Add the apps u wanna block root to including tv app u wanna use.
                            Root cloak mod
                            http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.d...nce.rootcloak2

Next install recieverstop. Open it and then select ur apps and block all receivers.
                            Receiverstop mod
                            http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.de...k.receiverstop

Reboot and profit.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks

I'll try it on a S905.
                              I will try to see if I can get it working on RK3368 Marshmallow also.
                              Will probbly need a different Xposed framework.
                              Hope I don't get a lot of bootloops.
                              Maybe the app has more protections to make it not work, but I'll try.

The common error was: "Video playback is not available on this device. Please turn off Allshare to continue".
                              Allshare is related to a casting technology that is proprietary to Samsung. Due to our content rights, our app is required to have protection built in to prevent screen sharing, so if you’re trying to run Go on a device that tries to screen share with other devices, video playback will fail. This seems to be an issue with Lenovo devices and as far as we know, it cannot be turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X