VideoOutSleep (TV Stick app)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    Hey Petrus. Any chance you can make the blankscreen 'timeout' after a certain time? the videooutsleep app doesn't work with my new MK 809IV TV stick, but the blankscreen app does. would be great to have a timeout (and maybe the option to display a digital clock, moving around-kind of like how the Roku does).....just a suggestion :-)
    I'm not sure what you mean by "timeout". Do you want the blank screen to be removed after a certain time (so going back to the normal screen) or more like a "screensaver" : after a certain inactivity time, make the blankscreen appear.

The first one is not too difficult. The only thing is that it would require a "settings" screen to adjust the timeout.

The second one is not possible with a regular app, I think. A normal app simply cannot know when the user hasn't touched anything for some time. Android simply does not provide this information. Maybe something like that can be done at the system level, or maybe with a launcher. I don't know if launchers can do that. I'll take a look.

For the moving digital clock, I'll see how I can have one moving across the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by "timeout". Do you want the blank screen to be removed after a certain time (so going back to the normal screen) or more like a "screensaver" : after a certain inactivity time, make the blankscreen appear.

The first one is not too difficult. The only thing is that it would require a "settings" screen to adjust the timeout.

The second one is not possible with a regular app, I think. A normal app simply cannot know when the user hasn't touched anything for some time. Android simply does not provide this information. Maybe something like that can be done at the system level, or maybe with a launcher. I don't know if launchers can do that. I'll take a look.

For the moving digital clock, I'll see how I can have one moving across the screen.
      I found a way to have a clock bouncing around the screen. Let me know what you meant about the timout thing.

Comment

New version, which displays a bouncing clock on Android > 3.0 (on Android < 3.0, it is just a black screen) :
        * BlackScreen-0.3.0.apk

On this last version, you have a Settings app where you can enable or disable the clock, and adjust its size.
        The settings screen is ugly now : I'll try to make it look better.

Comment

New version, which displays a bouncing clock on Android > 3.0 (on Android < 3.0, it is just a black screen) :
          * BlackScreen-0.3.0.apk

On this last version, you have a Settings app where you can enable or disable the clock, and adjust its size.
          The settings screen is ugly now : I'll try to make it look better.
          Hey Petrus.. By 'timeout' I meant, to turn the display off

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post

Hey Petrus.. By 'timeout' I meant, to turn the display off
            To make sure I understand correctly : you launch the blackscreen app : the black screen is displayed, and then after some time the app switches the screen off.

Comment

To make sure I understand correctly : you launch the blackscreen app : the black screen is displayed, and then after some time the app switches the screen off.
              Yup exactly....mainly because the original TV screen off app didn't work on my TV stick.

Comment

OK. Now i understand. But I'm not sure why it doesn't work on jour device. Is the ROM rooted? If so, I'll try to gather the possible methods available to switch the screen off. If you can give them a try and tell me if one works...

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

OK. Now i understand. But I'm not sure why it doesn't work on jour device. Is the ROM rooted? If so, I'll try to gather the possible methods available to switch the screen off. If you can give them a try and tell me if one works...

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk
                  For example, open a command line on your device (either with a console app from the play store or by connecting it to your computer and launching "adb shell"

Then log as root :
                  su

Next try the following commands :
                  input keyevent KEYCODE_POWER
                  echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/display/display0.HDMI/enable

Does one of them work and switch the screen off ?
                  These methods are the only ones I know. But if you know of another command, let me know.

If none of the methods above work, maybe we can try to find out what to do : what the following commands return (still as root) :
                  ls /sys/devices/virtual/display/
                  ls /sys/devices/virtual/
                  ls /sys/devices/
                  ls /

Comment

Working...
                  X