No announcement yet.

Hdmi Virtual Switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi just wondering if you could help me, pretty new to android. I believe I have an mk809 with stock software downloaded and installed your app and seemed to be fully working. Now to my problem, ideally I'd like to be able to use sky go on my HDMI stick and it still comes up saying it doesn't support HDMI, has anyone else had any lick with sky go? Thanks for any response.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I decided to bump it

If any dev can figure out how to get this APP to work on the CX-921 running the pure XBMC rom :-
      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Power-Pro-quot

I would love to have 40d and Demand 5 running on my CX-921 - but these apps do not seem to work even when the virtual HDMI Off switch is thrown. I think these apps still detect the hdmi and so won't play any of the content shown.

Comment

OP THANK!!

Great app! I was looking for such app long time ago, because could not play video HDMI out with Showtime
        - ANDROID OS: Android Lollipop 5.1.1 TV Box
        - Beelink R89: 2 GB RAM 16 GB PCB V3 (AP6335)
        - STOCK ROM: Ugoos UT3 v3.0.10 Lollipop Android 5.1.1

Comment

(P)ainol not feeling the love

Thanks for your efforts. Unfortunately this did not work on my Ainol NOVO 10 Captain tablet.

This model runs Android Jelly Bean (v4.2.2) with Kernal v3.4.0+. More than happy to provide any further technical details if it might help you to make this awesome app compatible with my tablet!

One potentially helpful thing I picked up during my travels is that the Ainol kernal device switches might differ to other devices. For example, many posts about the HDMI state switch refer to file /sys/devices/virtual/switch/hdmi/state -- but this does not exist on the Ainol. The equivalent file on my device seems to be /sys/class/switch/hdmi/state -- as this gets set to 1 when a HDMI cable is attached. Does this information help?

Comment

Works on Imito MX1! Great! Big Thanks!

Comment

Works perfectly on my mk802iv.

Anyone had any success getting it to work on OUYA? Or an alternate method via terminal or adb to achieve the same thing? I'm able to change the permissions of the file /sys/devices/virtual/switch/hdmi/state but when I edit it with a text editor it immediately gets overwritten back to how it was. I've also tried to echo > 0 into the file which doesn't trigger any error but has no effect. Copying the state file to another directory I was able to edit it, attempting to copy it back over the original file results in "I/O Error".

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Thanks, Now i can watchever.de

Comment

Unfortunatly, didn't work on VEGA s89 elite with finless rom

Comment

Thank you very much. You just changed the status of my watchever.de subscription from "useless" to "the way it should have been from the start".

If you'd like to accept a little donation I'd be happy to make one .

Comment

virtual hdmi switch

Hello everyone,
                      I realize I'm posting on a old thread but I'm very much interested to know if there were any follow ups to this virtual switch. I have two android TV boxes Ugoos t2, and MX android box. I currently have it running on the Ugoos, its great. and would enjoy using the virtual switch on the 4.2.2 MX tv box(g18ref)
                      build JDQ39.20130529

would any one know if there will be an further development?

Originally posted by billykrystal245 View Post
                      This app is for those people that have issues with secondary output when playing apps such as HBO.
                      This app is built and tested on Ug802 running Finless bob & 2dark4u 1.7 and 1.8 this app will hide HDMI input state.
                      Therefore making the HBO app think you arn't using HDMI.
                      !!!!!!!This app is for ROOTED devices only!!!!!

Try at your own risk
                      Make sure to do a full backup.
                      I am not responsible for any any issues this app may cause.
                      blah blah blah

Ok this app will start on boot so you don't have to bother with it on every boot.
                      Didn't do much as far as features just click Virtually unplug HDMI.
                      Grant root access Go Watch Your Favorite Shows
                      Enjoy!!!!

PLEASE post device app works on with rom name
                      IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY
                      and devices doesn't work on so i can build a compatibility list

#######################
                      KNOWN DEVICES WORKS ON
                      #######################

UG802 Finless 2dark4u 1.7 & 1.8
                      MK808B Original Finless 1.7

#######################
                      DEVICES DOESNT WORK ON
                      #######################

NEW XFINITY APP ???

Download:[ATTACH]1979[/ATTACH]

Comment

Didn't work with Bell TV app running a S89-H with FInless Rom 2.0

Comment

Did you give it a shot with the TMN-GO App?

I can't even get Bell TV to launch on my S89-H, but the TMN-GO does launch, but video's wont play.

Originally posted by tiguy82 View Post
                          Didn't work with Bell TV app running a S89-H with FInless Rom 2.0

Comment

I get the message about modified android version, I installed Root cloak from Xposed but didn't work.
                            Do you have any other app that you recommend to hide Root

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried Xposed framework (Xblast module), hide root and another one name eludes me now (suggested on the play store), none worked.

Originally posted by tiguy82 View Post
                              I get the message about modified android version, I installed Root cloak from Xposed but didn't work.
                              Do you have any other app that you recommend to hide Root

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried it on an Lg G2 with cyanogenmod11 m11 installed, but didn't work. Whenever I connect the hdmi cable the state file changes from 0 to 1 and the apps detect it

Comment

Working...
                                X