Hdmi Virtual Switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The cable companies block certain apps on devices with ethernet, rooted devices or devices with miracast or HDMI outputs so you have to subscribe to more expensive services or buy their decoders/set top boxes to get things to work.
    I have comcast and pay for it. They advertise the app . I dont get what the big deal is.
    I guess ill buy a intel pc stick. As they work on my laptopt

Anyway is there any other use for these rk 3688 boxes. It has kodi installed but doesnt work reliably
    is there another rom i can flash for these boxes rk8 rk3688

Comment

Is your Box rooted ?
      This is the main reason that the Comcast App not Work.

Neomode

Comment

no it isnt pretty sure its HDMI check. It was working up until they changed the app to the new one.

Comment

Most fail the same error on phone or tablet if you connect hdmi/mhl. I've found the HDMI mask on UT4 does work for holding the hdmi on some apps, ABC, Uverse I think. But it doesn't change the root status. I haven't seen many modded apps lately on XDA because of the xposed modules. Too much work to keep up with app versions and most of the TV related apps force update for usability.

Comment

If your android boxes are rooted then you should be able to get the comcast xfinity app working, Ive got it running on my KIII box. you need a few apps installed via xposed. I seen this from another post from a guy esloudan. Here is the link to his post.

http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...mi-restictions

try it guys and maybe we could create a post with each persons box and model. See what works and what does not.

Comment

I just tried both apps on my rooted Shield 2017 and they do not alter the State value. I cannot run TWC/Spectrum TV app without hiding Hdmi. Ugoos has this working on UT3S. If I can get this to work, The Shield will take care of 90% of my watching needs.
              PIPO X7S, Ugoos UT3S, Beelink i68g, M8S S905X

Comment

Hi to all.
                Do you know which box is the best for uk skygo app?
                I see thet Android boxes have hdmi problem,maybe some Win box,but which one?
                Free 100Gb space for your files:
                https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

Hello plasma,

Can you tell me what your post belongs to this Thread?
                  If you have such Question please ask under General.
                  Thank you!

Neomode

Comment

Hdmi out not works under Android Sky go app,and hdmi virtual switch may help.I ask is there some box ,where hdmi works without modifications.

Comment

Then you should get a Box from Wetek or an Nvidia Shield.
                      Both Devices certified by Google and should work.

Neomode

Comment

Problem is in the skygo app where hdmi not works on android,it is done from Sky UK.
                        You can install it on wetek and nvidia,but hdmi not working.
                        Hdmi works on Win Pc or Notebooks.
                        I need some small box,maybe some win box,but which one?

Comment

I have replaced Shield's OS with fully rooted Android 7.0. The app is denied permission to update the virtual state. When I try the same command in terminal under su, I get the same error. I have given both apps Root in SU app and pretty much giving up on this. I am not a Unix guru but I thought su gave you complete control.
                          PIPO X7S, Ugoos UT3S, Beelink i68g, M8S S905X

Comment

Old thread but I have figured out a way to bypass HDMI check on my Nvidia Shield Android TV and I thought I would share it. It's not a permanent fix and it relies on a script and a UI Restart

You need a script that runs

chmod 000 sys/class/switch/hdmi/state

chmod 000 /sys/devices/virtual/switch/hdmi/state

I use Smanager to create and run the script since I could not find anywhere a place where to run these commands so that they would run on boot. If someone knows where to put this so that it runs automatically please share the info.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tmanager&hl=en

Once you have created the script in Smanager. Make sure you select boot and su so that it runs on boot and runs as super user.

Then also install this reboot utility

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.reboot&hl=en

Now what you need to do after the script runs and the permission have been removed for the files is simply run the Quick Reboot Utility and choose Re-Start UI.

If you don't do the UI Restart it doesn't work because the apps probably got the HDMI state before the permissions were changed. What the script does is simply remove the permissions for all users and groups on those files.

Maybe someone can make another virtual switch app with these commands?

Note: Do not set the script to run the commands and then automatically do a UI Restart and then set the script to run on boot. It will reboot the Box every time. That's why the UI Restart must be done manually.

However it would be nice if someone creates a toggle or an app with these commands, something You can run manually whenever you want to disable the HDMI Check.

Comment

Working...
                            X