Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable TV streaming apps

Hi,

I have a local cable TV app that is crashing (yesGO)

(Apps for paying customers on TV to watch on mobile devices)

It can be related to root but I remember on Tronsmart 3288 I had to edit the build.prop and remove any instances of the word "test" and it solved the issue.

What is the safest way of editing the build.prop file ? I got a boot loop when I edited it badly and had to reflash just for this little file.

Thanks

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

You can use this app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor
    backup your file first.
    If you got bootloop, try to replace only this file via recovery

Comment

I hope in case of a bootloop I won't have problems replacing the file while in recovery+PC connection

Comment

Hi Ben.Efrati , tried it, the app did its job but I guess it wasn't enough, still no yesGO...;-(

Thanks for the help !

Comment

I'm also have tronsmart r28 and yes go works in their rom (android 4.4.2) i just replaced all test with release... (I had root)
          Now I'm using mo123 rom and can't load the app even if test replaced with release...

Comment

Damn ! Even tried RootCloak and still no go, might be this failure is truly some functional error and not related to security, some codec issue for example or any other

Comment

what rom are you using?

Comment

Stock rom....also joystick doesn't work "yet"...Latest ota

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Try this. It works with a good many apps.
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...mi-restictions
                  I like the xfinity tv app better than xfinity go cause it has all the channels u subcribe to plus on demand movies and tv shows.

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post
                    Try this. It works with a good many apps.
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...mi-restictions
                    I like the xfinity tv app better than xfinity go cause it has all the channels u subcribe to plus on demand movies and tv shows.
                    Nice thanks for this info. I'll give it a try on the DirecTV App on my Shield Android TV. Although I think for this App the restriction comes for the type of device since it does work on my Other Android Box which is a Tronsmart R68 which is also rooted.

For Streaming Apps I have had to decompile the APK and try to remove the restrictions for HDMI or Root and then recompile them again. However I have not been able to find all the restrictions on a few apps so I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by saulin View Post

Nice thanks for this info. I'll give it a try on the DirecTV App on my Shield Android TV. Although I think for this App the restriction comes for the type of device since it does work on my Other Android Box which is a Tronsmart R68 which is also rooted.

For Streaming Apps I have had to decompile the APK and try to remove the restrictions for HDMI or Root and then recompile them again. However I have not been able to find all the restrictions on a few apps so I hope this helps.
                      If it does let us know. A friend told me it works on his shield and gotta let another one know that all 4 app also works.

Comment

If it does let us know. A friend told me it works on his shield and gotta let another one know that all 4 app also works.
                        Does not work for the DirecTV App on the Nvidia Shield Android TV. I get "Video Stream is temporary unavailable. Please try again later. (5100)

I chose to reject all the receivers. Mmmmm somehow it knows I have a Nvidia Shield. This app works fine on my Tronsmart R68 Box without having to do anything.

Comment

Does not work on Xfinity TV 3.9.1.011 either. This app crashes automatically when launched. With or Without these apps.

I modded version 3.6 and the modded of this app I got to work but anything newer just crashes on my Shield Android TV

Comment

Originally posted by saulin View Post
                            Does not work on Xfinity TV 3.9.1.011 either. This app crashes automatically when launched. With or Without these apps.

I modded version 3.6 and the modded of this app I got to work but anything newer just crashes on my Shield Android TV
                            I use the tanix tx5 pro. Xfinity tv and dish app both work. All 4 app gives a blank screen and plays audio.

Small edit. Didnt know friends shield runs an older version of full android. He says way more apps work and makes a better streaming system.

Comment

I use the tanix tx5 pro. Xfinity tv and dish app both work. All 4 app gives a blank screen and plays audio.

Small edit. Didnt know friends shield runs an older version of full android. He says way more apps work and makes a better streaming system.
                              Yes when I put a full Android ROM on my shield I got DirecTV App working. However I could not get YouTube and Netflix 1080P streaming working on that ROM so I went back to the factory ROM which has way less compatibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X