Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rkpatchomatic tool - overclock / vsync fix any binary rk3188 kernel!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rkpatchomatic tool - overclock / vsync fix any binary rk3188 kernel!

As an alternative to compiling your own kernels, I offer you the rkpatchomatic tool suite:
    https://github.com/phjanderson/rkpatchomatic

Allows you to patch any binary kernel to overclock and/or vsync fix it!

I've only tried it on a few devices till now, but it should apply to most RK3188 kernel.

It's a Perl script, should run on any Linux / Mac. Windows users can use ActivePerl:
    http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads

Have fun!

Disclaimer: use at your own risk!

RK3066 users, please follow this link: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rk3066-kernels

To tablet users: These tools are intended for Android Sticks. Many tablets already have the video playback issues fixed (SDK2 rom).

Overclocking might work but the default profiles in the overclockomatic tool are intended for android sticks as well as they set the lowest frequency to 1200mhz instead of 312mhz, this might result in poor battery run time. You can always tweak the profiles to taste though, just add some low frequencies to the CPU profiles. Run overclockomatic once without making changes to check the default frequencies / voltages of your tablet.

Last edited by phjanderson; 10-31-2013, 07:58.
    Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Great !! Thanks for your Work

Neomode

Comment

It is possible for you to make this tool for RK3066 kernels too?
      Please, pretty please.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        It is possible for you to make this tool for RK3066 kernels too?
        Please, pretty please.
        Overclock or vsync fix? The rk3066 doesn't need the last one. Overclocking on the RK3066 is more difficult, as the frequency scaling is capped elsewhere in the kernel.
        Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
          Overclock or vsync fix? The rk3066 doesn't need the last one. Overclocking on the RK3066 is more difficult, as the frequency scaling is capped elsewhere in the kernel.
          Only the CPU, GPU & DDR overclock.
          GPU the most important, 400mhz instead of 266mhz for better xbmc playback.
          See here for how they overclocked MK808 RK3066 in source code.
          https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchi...ard-rk30-box.c

I would like to use it on a MK808B kernel, it's exactly the same as the above kernel but it has different wifi, RK903 instead of RK901 and uses a different config file to compile the kernel that no one seems to have or can modify mk808-dvi-720p_defconfig to make wifi work. If you can make it work with Android 4.1, 3.0.8 kernel, it would be fantastic since most people with RK3066 still use Android 4.1 because those roms are a lot faster.

Comment

Only the CPU, GPU & DDR overclock.
            GPU the most important, 400mhz instead of 266mhz for better xbmc playback.
            See here for how they overclocked MK808 RK3066 in source code.
            https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchi...ard-rk30-box.c

I would like to use it on a MK808B kernel, it's exactly the same as the above kernel but it has different wifi, RK903 instead of RK901 and uses a different config file to compile the kernel that no one seems to have or can modify mk808-dvi-720p_defconfig to make wifi work. If you can make it work with Android 4.1, 3.0.8 kernel, it would be fantastic since most people with RK3066 still use Android 4.1 because those roms are a lot faster.
            Can you send me a kernel.img file (through a dropbox share link or so)?

Comment

Very nice
              Everything is possible if we work together!
              ApkFreak

Comment

Can you send me a kernel.img file (through a dropbox share link or so)?
                Here you go, 3.0.8 & 3.0.36 kernels for MK808B. Have to unzip first.
                http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?...&submit=Suchen

Comment

Here you go, 3.0.8 & 3.0.36 kernels for MK808B. Have to unzip first.
                  http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?...&submit=Suchen
                  Ok, I think I found the GPU tables. The CPU tables are a bit different for the 3066 because they also contain logic_volt entries for each row. I could probably patch those too but you'd probably still run into the CPU frequency cap so I might just throw that part out.

More tomorrow!

Comment

Ok, I think I found the GPU tables. The CPU tables are a bit different for the 3066 because they also contain logic_volt entries for each row. I could probably patch those too but you'd probably still run into the CPU frequency cap so I might just throw that part out.

More tomorrow!
                    It's going to be a bit more difficult, in addition to the frequency tables, these caps also need to be changed:
                    Code:
                        dvfs_clk_enable_limit(clk_get(NULL, "gpu"), 133 * 1000000, 266 * 1000000);
                        dvfs_clk_enable_limit(clk_get(NULL, "cpu"), 252 * 1000000, 1200 * 1000000);
                    I do not have time to work on that right now. If anyone can tell me which binary search and replace I need to perform to change the upper limits, please do tell me.

Comment

My attempt to patch kernel of my device MK812A produced the error (see attachment).

Any help ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zzmakii View Post
                        My attempt to patch kernel of my device MK812A produced the error (see attachment).

Any help ?
                        You have a very strange kernel!

Try replacing:
                        Code:
                          "ddr667" =>
                            [
                              [1100000, 400002],
                              [1200000, 667001],
                            ],
                          "ddr720" =>
                            [
                              [1100000, 400002],
                              [1200000, 720001],
                            ],
                          "ddr800" =>
                            [
                              [1100000, 400002],
                              [1250000, 800001],
                            ],
                        with:
                        Code:
                          "ddr667" =>
                            [
                              [1200000, 667001],
                            ],
                          "ddr720" =>
                            [
                              [1200000, 720001],
                            ],
                          "ddr800" =>
                            [
                              [1250000, 800001],
                            ],
                        The tables in the profiles must not be longer than the ones in your kernel.

Not sure if it will work though, your kernel looks quite different from other sticks.

It looks like your kernel is limited to 1200mhz:
                        == Table 6 at offset 7975876 ==
                        MHz mV
                        312 900
                        504 925
                        816 1000
                        1008 1075
                        1200 1200

Be careful to check for heat issues when overclocking, it might not be built for high frequencies.

Comment

Patching the kernel now OK ! Thanks.

(And yes, kernel IS strange, and yes, in last firmware version it is limited to 1200 MHz, I assume for stability).

Comment

Good day, patched the kernel vsyncfixomatic on u30gt2 rk3188 cube and as a result received a loading ustrostva black screen returned all the running back screen probyval several times and each time the same thing, but there is no picture backlight works.
                            Ps sorry for my bad English.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaSoft View Post
                              Good day, patched the kernel vsyncfixomatic on u30gt2 rk3188 cube and as a result received a loading ustrostva black screen returned all the running back screen probyval several times and each time the same thing, but there is no picture backlight works.
                              Ps sorry for my bad English.
                              That's a tablet, not a stick / tv player. This forum section is about TV players. I doubt if the cube needs the vsync fix, I think it already has a SDK2 rom.

The overclocking might work but the default profiles in the overclockomatic tool are intended for android sticks as well as they set the lowest frequency to 1200mhz instead of 312mhz, this might result in poor battery run time. You can always tweak the profiles to taste though, just add some extra low frequencies to the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X