Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.0 for Rockchip's

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For some reason i can't read the latest posts on this thread from Tapatalk. This sucks.

    Do you have a recovery.log for me to look at ?

    Tapatalked
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

    Comment


    • Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
      For some reason i can't read the latest posts on this thread from Tapatalk. This sucks.

      Do you have a recovery.log for me to look at ?

      Tapatalked
      I did backup again to get logs and this time was not any error but, when i was doing backup system partition had like 400+ mb, but after wipe and restore it has like 33mb, total size of backup was like around 700mb but total size of all data during restore was around 200mb. When i wanted reboot, i saw warning: "No OS installed! Are you sure you want to reboot?"
      Here is recovery_log

      Comment


      • I bought You a coffee to help you find soultion.

        Comment


        • Thanks

          What is there to fix ?
          You got me lost with your last post, and it seems that everything is working correctly.

          I tested on an rk3066 running 4.2.2 and on a rk3188 running 4.4.4 and don't see nothing wrong, at least on my end.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

          Comment


          • Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
            Thanks

            What is there to fix ?
            You got me lost with your last post, and it seems that everything is working correctly.

            I tested on an rk3066 running 4.2.2 and on a rk3188 running 4.4.4 and don't see nothing wrong, at least on my end.
            Im really confused now. I did backup (kernel, boot, recovery, data, system, android-secure checked), and used normal wipe .
            So it is normal that when i used restore backup i just created, i getting "No OS installed! Are you sure you want to reboot?" and ofc after reboot stuck on logo?
            Backup actually not doing whole system partition backup only part of it, like system size was 495mb and restored like 33mb, thats why i getting no os error.
            Backup size is only 372mb (total size of all data was 927 when i was doing backup). So actually when i want do restore i have to uncheck system partition it is normal?

            Lots confusion here , cuz your datamedia TWRP version u did for me is actually doing it right, i mean restoring system after wipe (can boot to android, no error about missing OS). And my TWRP datamedia backups are like 1600-1800+ mb (kernel, boot, recovery, data, system checked)

            Comment


            • I must have misunderstood you, Got the impression that it was working ok.

              Did you touch the system.img with any Windows tool ?

              TWRP is detecting that system is ext3 and it doesn't work with ext3.
              Code:
              ....
              /system | /dev/block/mtdblock9 | Size: 501MB Used: 495MB Free: 5MB Backup Size: 495MB
                 Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent
                 Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mtdblock9
                 Display_Name: System
                 Storage_Name: System
                 Backup_Path: /system
                 Backup_Name: system
                 Backup_Display_Name: System
                 Storage_Path: /system
                 Current_File_System: ext3
                 Fstab_File_System: ext4
                 Backup_Method: files
              ...
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
              then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
              $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

              Comment


              • Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                I must have misunderstood you, Got the impression that it was working ok.

                Did you touch the system.img with any Windows tool ?

                TWRP is detecting that system is ext3 and it doesn't work with ext3.
                I didnt repack system.img.
                I did backup with CWM from this rom im using btw it is RK3188: Odys IRON – KitKat Edition (newest version) and inside backup folder i checked there is system.ext4.tar (and it has right size 497+mb), system.ext4.tar.a.
                In your TWRP sdcard backup folder there is system.ext3.win size is 1KB, but
                i checked also TWRP datamedia (u made before) backup folder (for other kitkat datamedia one), and there is also system.ext3.win but size is right for that KK version about 583mb, so ext3 is actually working there, recovery log from datamedia backup.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                  system is ext3 and it doesn't work with ext3.
                  Maybe u have right partially. I tested TWRP datamedia wersion with my KK old layout (TWRP should teoreticaly do backup for external sd) and it has also problem with making system partition backup (same 1KB size). But its working for my other KK and there seams is also ext3 system img.
                  So maybe it is way to transform that one not working system.img to right/working format? This is link cRom v1.2 for kitkat, there is system.img inside rockdev/Images folder. Can u try transform it to ext4 or other working for TWRP format?

                  Comment


                  • I can change the system.img, but that would be the last resort.

                    Please test this image - http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/TWR...ano_SDCARD.img
                    I have forced TWRP to always assume the file system as ext4, that should solve it without downsides. In fact after a successful backup/restore you should have a real ext4 file system.
                    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                      I can change the system.img, but that would be the last resort.

                      Please test this image - http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/TWR...ano_SDCARD.img
                      I have forced TWRP to always assume the file system as ext4, that should solve it without downsides. In fact after a successful backup/restore you should have a real ext4 file system.
                      I downloaded again system.img to make sure it is not broken and did clean install, still not working. You sure mtb blocks are right numbers?
                      I restored succesfully my CWM backup and it worked perfectly, seams i m forced to use CWM on this one, and lookout to not broke volume buttons especially volume up.
                      Here are some logs from TWRP backup, cwm backup and mtd list, cmdline.

                      Maybe ill test this twrp on 4.2.2 stock android
                      Last edited by Cytryn; 04-25-2015, 06:53.

                      Comment


                      • Tested on my stock 4.2.2 and both twrp with ext4 change and one before is working. So seams last resort is needed and fix system.img for damn kitkat or just use CWM. I assume that this system.img was created/modified on windows tool like RK3xxx firmware tools not by me ofc and thats why its not working for twrp, so is it anyway to fix it in linux? or maybe transform to ext4.
                        Btw u have now working TWRP 2.8.5.0 for jellybean too and its working for rk3066, so u can change main topic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                          I can change the system.img, but that would be the last resort..
                          Finnaly fixed this system.img frorm IRON by CrewRKTablets KK 4.4.2 v1.2 , and TWRP actually works now.
                          I had to learn some new stuff, first time i used virtualbox and ubuntu, i used this tutorial (there are at least one command mistake and it not explain everything for ubuntu newbe like me)and this ubuntu version, ofc i encountered some problems (there always have to be some problems). VirtualBox issues like, usb problem, needed to enable virtualization in bios, and last one annoying one related to Universal Theme Patcher , im using themes in win7 and theme patcher changing some dlls. Lates version Virtualbox not working (error) when u have patched those dlls. Ididnt want to get rid off nice theme im using so i found solutuion to use older version VB, which actually works.When i booted to ubuntu i needed to learn how share files between host and ubuntu in VB, so finnaly i was able accrdin tutorial i mentioned to transform broken (for TWRP) system.img ext3 to actually working ext4 one.After learning this all new stuff, i can finnaly enjoy ur TWRP and do some system.img tweaking, include in it some fixes, change/delete apks.
                          Last edited by Cytryn; 04-30-2015, 02:45.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cytryn View Post

                            Finnaly fixed this system.img frorm IRON by CrewRKTablets KK 4.4.2 v1.2 , and TWRP actually works now.
                            I had to learn some new stuff, first time i used virtualbox and ubuntu, i used this tutorial (there are at least one command mistake and it not explain everything for ubuntu newbe like me)and this ubuntu version, ofc i encountered some problems (there always have to be some problems). VirtualBox issues like, usb problem, needed to enable virtualization in bios, and last one annoying one related to Universal Theme Patcher , im using themes in win7 and theme patcher changing some dlls. Lates version Virtualbox not working (error) when u have patched those dlls. Ididnt want to get rid off nice theme im using so i found solutuion to use older version VB, which actually works.When i booted to ubuntu i needed to learn how share files between host and ubuntu in VB, so finnaly i was able accrdin tutorial i mentioned to transform broken (for TWRP) system.img ext3 to actually working ext4 one.After learning this all new stuff, i can finnaly enjoy ur TWRP and do some system.img tweaking, include in it some fixes, change/delete apks.
                            Glad you got it sorted out.

                            Sorry for the late reply, but my personal life has been taking all of my time. If you have any doubts/problems feel free to ask. Also this is a good guide to read - http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...-roms#post7812
                            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                            then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                            $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                              Sorry for the late reply, but my personal life has been taking all of my time. If you have any doubts/problems feel free to ask. Also this is a good guide to read - http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...-roms#post7812
                              Thanks this guide is so helpful.

                              Comment





                              • Hello , I need the TWRP for the rom of magnus33. Thank you. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...veclinux/page8

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X