This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deadlock View Post
    I was try unpack IMG firmware with AMLogic Customization Tool but it show error "The Startup logo is invalid!"
    Since Amlogic SDK 6.0, you've been able to GZIP your bootup logo. So, just use the Customization Tool and open the /level2/logo_res/bootup file with 7Zip. The BMP will be in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      Since Amlogic SDK 6.0, you've been able to GZIP your bootup logo. So, just use the Customization Tool and open the /level2/logo_res/bootup file with 7Zip. The BMP will be in there.
      Thank you very much! I was see it now. But I'm still have 1 issue that when I replace this bootup, the picture seem "wrong", please watching on the picture I was attached bellow. My steps:
      1. Open stock bootup by 7zip
      2. Copy my picture bootup.bmp to their to replace stock bootup.bmp file. My file was save by Photoshop at format bmp 16bit (I see detail of stock bootup.bmp is 16bit too).
      3. Packing firmware and reflash again.

What's wrong in my steps? What should I do to have a standard bootup.bmp file?

Comment

• There's some header information that seems to get lost if you start replacing with new files, rather then editing images in place. What I did was open the original file with 7Zip, drag out the bootup.bmp, open the BMP in Photoshop and make in-place edits, save changes, and then drag the modified file back into the 7Zip archive window so that it replaces the original.

Comment

There's some header information that seems to get lost if you start replacing with new files, rather then editing images in place. What I did was open the original file with 7Zip, drag out the bootup.bmp, open the BMP in Photoshop and make in-place edits, save changes, and then drag the modified file back into the 7Zip archive window so that it replaces the original.
          Can you let me know when you save the BMP file in Photoshop, what is the type of the File Format (Windows, OS/2) and Depth (16bit, 24bit, 32bit) you was choose? Was you try to replace by new file as the same format?

Comment

• I don't recall, but because I was just modifying the existing BMP, Photoshop didn't change any of those settings.

Comment

I don't recall, but because I was just modifying the existing BMP, Photoshop didn't change any of those settings.
              Ok, thank you for your help. I will try more to know how to replace boot logo by my logo. If you have more time or try to do that, please let me know if you success. Thank you again

Comment

• Finless Magendanz ...can you let me know how to get System UI from other firmware to my custom firmware? Example, I want to get SystemUI of Ugoos AM3 (AMLogic S912) and use for my X92 (AMLogic S912), I was try:
                - Replace SystemUI.apk of Ugoos FW to X92 fw -> reflash success, boot to home launcher and show this error: "unfortunately system ui has stopped"
                - Replace SystemUI.apk + framework-res.apk of Ugoos fw to X92 fw -> reflash success, stop after running boot video, stop at EM92 picture, can not boot to home launcher.

I see some firmware, they can port from Ugoos to X92, but I don't know what they was doing, can you share to me how to do that? Thank you very much!

Zip file include framework, system ui, buildprop of X92 + Ugoos AM3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j7djw7...92UGOOSAM3.zip
                Last edited by deadlock; 03-18-2017, 00:39.

Comment

Finless Magendanz ...can you let me know how to get System UI from other firmware to my custom firmware? Example, I want to get SystemUI of Ugoos AM3 (AMLogic S912) and use for my X92 (AMLogic S912), I was try:
                  - Replace SystemUI.apk of Ugoos FW to X92 fw -> reflash success, boot to home launcher and show this error: "unfortunately system ui has stopped"
                  - Replace SystemUI.apk + framework-res.apk of Ugoos fw to X92 fw -> reflash success, stop after running boot video, stop at EM92 picture, can not boot to home launcher.

I see some firmware, they can port from Ugoos to X92, but I don't know what they was doing, can you share to me how to do that? Thank you very much!
                  You can't just do that, it won't boot.
                  All the framework and system files were also modified in the Ugoos firmware in combination with the SystemUI to work together and they might even be using different SDK versions compiling the firmware.
                  They might be using the full Ugoos firmware and only changing a few things to make it work on a another device.
                  In future get a device that has lots of firmware support and not a no name device, then you won't have any problems trying to make a device work as it was intended to.
                  Playing with system files are dangerous and if the correct permissions are also not given, it can cause all sorts of boot problems or freezes.
                  Modifying system files are very technical and someone else might help with that.

Comment

• Yes, there are certain system APKs (e.g. Settings, TVSettings, SystemUI) that are tightly integrated with APIs and services in the framework, and often rely on custom OEM code that only exists on that hardware.

If you really know what you're doing, you can pull the APK over, enable the persistent logcat service, and examine the logs to determine what the app is failing to find. Then, you can bring over those dependencies to the framework by using apktool to disassemble the java bitcodes to smali. It's not for the faint at heart, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                      You can't just do that, it won't boot. All the framework and system files were also modified in the Ugoos firmware in combination with the SystemUI to work together and they might even be using different SDK versions compiling the firmware. They might be using the full Ugoos firmware and only changing a few things to make it work on a another device. In future get a device that has lots of firmware support and not a no name device, then you won't have any problems trying to make a device work as it was intended to. Playing with system files are dangerous and if the correct permissions are also not given, it can cause all sorts of boot problems or freezes. Modifying system files are very technical and someone else might help with that.
                      Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      Yes, there are certain system APKs (e.g. Settings, TVSettings, SystemUI) that are tightly integrated with APIs and services in the framework, and often rely on custom OEM code that only exists on that hardware.

If you really know what you're doing, you can pull the APK over, enable the persistent logcat service, and examine the logs to determine what the app is failing to find. Then, you can bring over those dependencies to the framework by using apktool to disassemble the java bitcodes to smali. It's not for the faint at heart, though.
                      Thank you for your help I just want to get the Navigation bar of it, very useful, I need learning more to know what should I do!
                      Anyway, do you know about the reason why the newest Youtube version on Store can not playing on AMLogic S912? I need install older version.
                      Last edited by deadlock; 03-18-2017, 02:22.

Comment

I just want to get the Navigation bar of it, very useful, I need learning more to know what should I do!
                        To modify the navigation bar, just edit the XML layout in navigation_bar.xml. No code changes are usually required, but if you migrate a layout you may need to update any references to local resources or ids.

Use the -s option during decode with apktool to keep the classes.dex intact. Then, use the -c option on build to migrate the original certificate. (Or alternatively, you can use signapk to resign it with the platform key.) You should also zipalign the APK, and there's an -a option in signapk to do that as part of the signing process.

Comment

Working...
                        X