X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audiophonicz View Post
    Bob,
    Im trying to make a car pc using the iMito MX1 with your 1.5 ROM. Trying to skip the bootanimation for load times and change the bootlogo to just display the Jeep logo. Would you make a custom 1.5 ROM for me? Im just running 1280x720x60Hz.

You can remove the boot animation very easy. Use ES file explorer and go into /system/media/ and delete boot animation.zip.

As for making you a custom boot.img yes I can do that. Here you go. Just use my flash tool and flash ONLY the boot.img.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BF...BLS3VRbE0/edit

Bob
    "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Atyám, bocsásd meg nekik, mert nem tudják mit cselekszenek!"
    "Odpusť jim, neboť nevědí, co činí"
    "Πάτερ άφες αυτοίς, ού γάρ οίδασι τί ποιούσι"
    "Ojcze, przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

• You, Sir, are the man.

Unfortunately removing the boot animation completely only led to the iMito MX1 stock boot animation. I guess its embedded somewheres. So I just duplicated a single image as the bootanimation.

Can I ask what resolution you used for the bootlogo?
      I'm getting the bright blue screen of resolution change between bootlogo, bootanimation, and final desktop. I'd like not to see that every time I start my Jeep, if possible, so I guess I have to try to not switch res between pieces.

Comment

• The boot screen is based on the resolution of the kernel you are using. The jeep image you gave me is 720P or 1280x720 and that is what I used. If your using a 1080P kernel then I need the jeep image to be 1920x1080.

Also yes, there is a default boot animation in framework-res.apk It can be removed with some work but your approach is much easier!

As for the bright blue screen, I think that is the TV screen your using as I never see that on my TV.

Bob

Comment

• Boot 720

Could you maybe make me a boot screen as well. I put your name on it. Please let me know if that is okay I don't want to make it look like you are endorsing me but I also want to give credit it where it is do.

I am going to be doing some basic ROM edits and including some software that is geared towards education. I will release on here when done if people are interested. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_zT...it?usp=sharing for a larger version of the picture

Comment

• Oh I know for fact its the screen, and why its doing it. Thats why I'm trying to match the resolution.

I guess if you kept my image the same pixel size, it must be the refresh rate of the boot img. I set my boot animation to 60FPS instead of the 15 in Damo's walkthru and that fixed the blue between bootanimation and desktop. Doubt there's a way to specify refresh of the boot image... (if you know please share!)

Otherwise thanks for all the help!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamboo7 View Post
              Could you maybe make me a boot screen as well. I put your name on it. Please let me know if that is okay I don't want to make it look like you are endorsing me but I also want to give credit it where it is do.

I am going to be doing some basic ROM edits and including some software that is geared towards education. I will release on here when done if people are interested. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_zT...it?usp=sharing for a larger version of the picture
              I think some converion issue happen with your image. I cannot readt the text in the lower right corner.
              Can you ZIP it up and EMail it to me. Also make sure it is PNG format.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by audiophonicz View Post
                Oh I know for fact its the screen, and why its doing it. Thats why I'm trying to match the resolution.

I guess if you kept my image the same pixel size, it must be the refresh rate of the boot img. I set my boot animation to 60FPS instead of the 15 in Damo's walkthru and that fixed the blue between bootanimation and desktop. Doubt there's a way to specify refresh of the boot image... (if you know please share!)

Otherwise thanks for all the help!
                There is no refresh rate on the boot image. It's just a picture. Nothing I can do there.

Bob

Comment

• Thank you

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  I think some converion issue happen with your image. I cannot readt the text in the lower right corner.
                  Can you ZIP it up and EMail it to me. Also make sure it is PNG format.

Bob
                  Working on that right now!

EDIT: Sent to your mail sir. Whenever you get a chance and thank you! Whats the best way to buy you a beer or six?

EDIT: Just saw the sig lol
                  Last edited by Bamboo7; 03-04-2013, 10:20 AM. Reason: update/ I'm slow today

Comment

• Bob how is the arrow down button on the nav bar implemented ?
                    also could you help me with 1 thing on the rom im working on i have a issue with the initial sdcard folder structure setup

Normaly you have

a sdcard structure on the first mount like

Movies
                    Pictures
                    Ringtones
                    Documents...
                    ect

but in my ROM my folder structure after the initial 5 minute boot and first sdcard mount is just

.android_secure
                    LOST.DIR

im not sure where this folder structure is setup in the initial config boot yet (it's not a big issue as many applications like camera create their folder structure themselve on first execution)

Though i guess this is more generic Linux/Android stuff not really Rockchip related
                    Last edited by bugmenot@dispostable.com; 03-14-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• These folders are setup by Framework and as I recall some by the launcher. I am not sure which smali files do that but I have seen it in the code before.

Best I can tell you without digging around myself.

I responded to your arrow iocon in the status bar yesterday in another post.

Bob

Comment

• Yes im aware about GMD but i wanted to implement it directly to avoid the GMD overhead
                        I guess i have to hack me trough all these framework parts and there code to understand where what is implemented it seems crazy that these setup things are implemented in the framework itself and not in some configuration files would be much more easy for deployment then needing all the time to compile code for it if you want to change it.
                        And on this matter i found parts in the launcher already that use a database file for the initial launcher icons thats being loaded from /usr/data/launcher/ named launcher.db the setup of the main launcher screens are loaded from there, there is also something similar for widgets setup though it's a xml file called appwidgets.xml but i didn't analyzed the way its buildup fully yet (screen space coordinates)
                        I wonder why there is nothing really about these things on Googles Android Developer site maybe i missed those or maybe these things are rom dev specific modifications indeed.
                        I have several goals for my rom mod implementing Hide Navbar is one another one is Sound Volume bar in the Notification tray, hopefully i can succeed but for now i had a lot of issues even if i decompile and recompile the framework and bring it back (without modifying anything) i endup in a bootloop
                        I read a lot of your stuff for Rockchip generic things i also analyzed their way of integration a lot, and i thought about beginning from scratch AOSP but like many other IHVs Rockchip did a lot of modifications especially implementing there media framework and VPU goes very deep that a new buildup from scratch would be pretty useless

I will keep trying to get your rom working with my base rom to eliminate all these stick specific issues maybe it gonna work i really would like to get some data on the On Screen Performance differences.

You can find my ongoing work Progress over here if you interested http://www.android-hilfe.de/i-onik-t...r-preview.html
                        Though its very Tablet Specific

Comment

• Is it me? Why do I feel liking I am talking to 2 different people about the same subject?

Bob

Comment

• Soory i used that anonymous account before now i made my own i wont post with that bugmenot account anymore

Though yeah not every post on the other account is from me the more technical parts are
                            Not sure with how many guys you talked there in the End

Comment

• Finless do you have a idea where resolution related parameters are saved

i tried the new 4.2.2 rom based on the RK30 SDK 4.2.2 but i get strange resolution also yellow graphic output (i can see some text though huge) i guess the scaling could be wrong but build prop shows the normal lcd density maybe the 4.1.1 kernel isn't compatible ?

Comment

• Ok i got a odd one here. As long as i don't move to a new ext3 image (resize or otherwise) root works fine but if i go to a new ext3 image su binary doesn't retain proper permissions no matter what i try.

The odd part is the permissions are 6755 on su binary (tried both /system/xbin and /system/bin) on image file yet its always wrong on device if the files are copied from the staging folder used in a resize.

Any ideas?

Fyi. all operations are done as root not sure if that matters lol
                                Google Galaxy Nexus (Rooted Stock) ~ I90250: ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2, PrimeLC03 Bootloader, i90250XXLF1 Radio
                                Google Nexus S (Rooted Stock) ~ I9020A: ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2, I9020XXLC2 Bootloader, I9020XXKB3 Radio
                                E-Fun Nextbook Premium 7 (Kustom Ginger v4) ~ Next7P: Android system recovery v1.3.38, RK29xxLoader(L) V2.20

My Roms/Mods: http://kcomputerzone.ca/pages/downloads/android.php

Comment

Working...
                                X