• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumping ROM using ADB guide

What you need :
    a pc, usb cable and, ofc, your android device with sdcard

What you need to download(if you havent got it yet):
    Android SDK. here's the link on how to install it and download link.. http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html

USB driver of your device. http://db.tt/2Cm2KUV6

RKDump file. http://db.tt/plRFmRh6

Instructions:
    1. enable USB debugging on the device
    2. Download and Install android SDK (dont forget JAVA JDK if you havent got it yet)
    3. now connect your device to your pc, you will see Windows will try to install appropriate driver for your device, if it installed properly then you're lucky, you can proceed to step 4, if not then we need to install the driver using USB driver you downloaded earlier, here's how..

3a. extract the usb_driver.rar you downloaded.

3b. open the folder you just extracted and look for android_winusb.inf, right click it and click open with, choose notepad.

3c. click start menu, and on the search bar, type device manager, then choose device manager on the search result.

3d. on device manager.. look for a not properly installed driver, on mine its arnova because i have arnova 7b g2 capacitive..

3e. right click on that driver --> click properties --> click on the details tab --> look for the hardware ids, it usually comes after device description on property section

3f. on the Value section, right click the shorter value and copy it. mine is like this... USB\VID_0E79&PID_143B&MI_01

3g. on the open notepad editing android_winusb.inf, look for this entries... there's 2 entries like this..
    1 on [Google.NTx86] area and 1 on [Google.NTamd64].

;Arnova 7b g2
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0E79&PID_143B
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0E79&PID_143B&MI_01

3h. change Anova 7b g2 to your device name or whatever you want, im sure it doesnt matter as its just a comment .. on %CompositeAdbInterface% entry, erase all value after "=" sign and then press ctrl+v(paste)... same on %SingleAdbInterface% entry but delete the "&" sign and any letters after it.
    you need to do this on [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64] part. SAVE it and close notepad.

3i. on device manager, right click on not properly installed driver for your device and click update driver software, then choose browse my computer for driver software --> locate the folder usb_driver then just click next etc etc..until you finish installing the driver. ok so thats the hard part.. the rest is just easy..

now for the adb part..
    4. copy RKdump file you downloaded on the same folder as ADB.exe, usually its in folder Program Files (x86)/android/android-sdk/platform-tools
    5. click menu and on search bar, type cmd, right click cmd.exe and run as administrator.
    6. on the cmd command prompt, type "cd\program files (x86)/android/android-sdk/platform-tools" without the quote.
    7. type

adb devices

there should be 1 device on the list. otherwise review previous steps.

8. type

adb push rkdump /data/

if no error then proceed, otherwise, review step 4

9. type

adb shell
    *if you see a "#" sign and a cursor next to it then we're good to go.. otherwise.. review all above steps as you might somehow got the previous steps wrong.

10. type

chmod 755 /data/rkdump

*this will make RKDump executable

11. type

/data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock5 /sdcard/update.img

*this will copy update.img on your sdcard which most dev needed to cook rom

the end.

note: if you want to copy any other part of your device partition.. look in here http://androtab.info/rockchip/devel/rkutils/

Great write up! Thank you so much for doing this. It will help a lot of people get ROMs in the future.

Thanks!

Oh and you just got your first sticky post here on FreakTab

Bob
    "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Atyám, bocsásd meg nekik, mert nem tudják mit cselekszenek!"
    "Odpusť jim, neboť nevědí, co činí"
    "Πάτερ άφες αυτοίς, ού γάρ οίδασι τί ποιούσι"
    "Ojcze, przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

cool! tnx bob.

Comment

Dang missed a sticky by this much. I just asked Bob how to go about this earlier. Thanks for the tutorial.

Sent from my NXM726HN using Tapatalk

Comment

hey nice tutorial domrad..

been getting a hard time trying to get the dump files of the 7bg2c coz we have the same tablet...hehe

you're a life saver...

thanks!

Comment

Wow that is one hell of a tutorial :thumbup:

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

Comment

Originally posted by damo View Post
              wow that is one hell of a tutorial :thumbup:

Sent from my sk17i using tapatalk
              +1

nice!!!!
              Please donate to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

Comment

I'm going to work right now but when I get home I'm going to run ADB and dump the ROMS. I been playing around with thing for about a week since I had no previous experience with Android devices and now I understand how crippled this device really is. I really hate that some of the Apps on this device can't be removed in its current state. I never really knew what the advantages of rooting the device would be. Most of you who play around with device for a while and read what other Android users can do will definitely find some inspiration to get it rooted.

Hats off to you guys for figuring out how to do this and hope this device is 95% similar to what you've been working on before so it doesn't take too much additional effort.

Where should I put the ROMS once I download them so they can be accessed?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy12know View Post
                  Where should I put the ROMS once I download them so they can be accessed?
                  you can message finless or any chef here with your dumped rom as attachment or use any free cloud storage, like dropbox for example, so you can just give them the link on the files.

Comment

PM me and if you know how to FTP, I can give you the FreakTab public FTP for uploading ROMs.

Bob

Comment

Failed on 7inch

Tried using this to flash my PMID701c, I was unseccessful just incase any "stalkers" were wondering.

On a side note I may be purchaseing the 4.3inch version soon in hopes of progressing one with the other.

BTW HUGE PROPS ON EVERYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by domrad View Post
                        What you need :

11. type

/data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock5 /sdcard/update.img

*this will copy update.img on your sdcard which most dev needed to cook rom

the end.

i did all properly and my system at mtd1

i wrote /data/rkdump /dev/block/mtdblock1 /sdcard/system.img
                        it gave me a error;

/data/rkdump: read: I/O error

have u got any idea why im gettin this error :S

thanks alot

Comment

Guys, the RKdump utility only works for RK processors and architecture. So if your PMID is not a Rock Chip this proceedure will not work for you. In the Polaroid forum someone took a pmid apart and it is a All Winner Processor.

Bob

Comment

Hi...

In case anyone else is easily confused like me when editing the 'INF' file :

You get your hardware ID, for my 10G2 it is : USB\VID_0E79&PID_1433&MI_01
                            Then find the following under the [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64]

;Arnova 7b g2
                            %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0E79&PID_143B
                            %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0E79&PID_143B&MI_01

Change to
                            ;Arnova 10 g2
                            %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0E79&PID_1433
                            %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0E79&PID_1433&MI_01

then save.

May be just me but the original post confused me a little as it said to delete everything after the = sign and after the & under the first entry.
                            Easy to see what was meant once you've done it but it could confused a simple person like me!

Hope you don't mind me adding the slight clarification!

Cheers

Comment

o a dump of my a7 G3 if someone knows what the usb id thing will be.....

Also where should I upload it for everyone??

Comment

Working...
                              X