Announcement

Collapse

Microsoft Mail Accounts not Working

Hello,

We like to Inform you, that we can not Send Mailīs to Microsoft Mail Service.
This means User with an E-Mail Account @ Hotmail, Outlook, Live etc. will
not receive any Mails from us.
This is not our fault, we are in Contact with them but so far no Answer.
We will let you know when the Issue is fixed!

Freaktab Admin Team
See more
See less

Movie night in the cockpit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie night in the cockpit

With the invention on the tablets and the addition of a mounting arm (Ram for example), your chartplotter can double as the silver screen for the evening movie on Netflix, right in the cockpit. With an adjustable arm, it should also easily be configured to be viewed from the salon as well.

Other fix is found by phjendersen, he opened his discovery, and now we will have new kernels for almost all devices with this fixed.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

Comment

Originally posted by WJackson View Post
      With the invention on the tablets and the addition of a mounting arm (Ram for example), your chartplotter can double as the silver screen for the evening movie on Netflix, right in the cockpit. With an adjustable arm, it should also easily be configured to be viewed from the salon as well.
      Some of us couldn't wait ... I finished this little project (and it's still in use) just before the iPad was released ..... There still aren't any Android or iOS tablets capable of making and displaying 3D depth maps

Now what I have done with an Android Tablet (Specifically a Nexus 7) is to access the VNC server on my chartplotter and mirror the chartplotter's screen ( and also control the plotter) from anywhere in the boat which comes in real handy if I'm up front on the trolling motor or for precision anchoring near structure that holds fish. I have also interfaced into my depth finder's (Lowrance Elite 7x HDI) NMEA depth and temperature sentence output (Project for this winter is hack the 7x's NMEA2000 port and see if I can send position data to the 7x from the chartplotter)

Another project I'm working on is embedding a MK808B into a Droid Bionic lapdock along with some sort of GPS solution (embedded with antenna input if I can or a USB puck which I already have) as a development platform for an Android based chartpotter (and hopefully depth mapping) but I don't know if the MK808B is Open enough for me to work with like my N7 is (If I fry a $40 dongle it's no big deal but if I hurt my N7 I'd have to cry ....) It will also double as my portable TV tied into my MediaPortal sytem

Manufacturers need to Wise Up and understand that the reason two of the biggest selling devices, the Raspberry Pi and the Nexus 7, got there because they are so Open, flexible, and hackable

Make it Open and they will come ....

Comment

very nice posttttttttttt

________
        shafiq

Comment

Working...
        X