Open CPN on Tablet -------HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open CPN on Tablet -------HELP NEEDED

We have an ongoing project getting the internal GPS to work with these tabs.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1140265

Your help would be much appreciated.

Fifty views, no responses. Not promising.
    Btw, for background.
    Opencpn is an open source chart plotter, navigational software.

It can be controlled by a tablet remotely already by using a VCN, but having the ability to run the program itself on a low draw piece like a tab has it's distinct advantages over a traditional laptop or netbook.

Once again, any help is much appreciated.

Comment

I think there is not that many looking to do this on Android. I read the other forum you linked and it looks easy but you need an APP developer to do this conversion. Might I ask you contact and PM Freaktab user Petrus and ask him if he would be willing to work on it? Just a suggestion.

Also, of the many GPS units I have from my old marine days, by using vendor tools you can switch the output between NEMA and standard. Not to ask a dumb question, but the new NAV units wont let you do that? Has anyone even tried that in the units menu system? My older garmin XL would allow me to easily set output as one or the other.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Android is Android, should work fine. "Bricking" your device is possible anytime you go to root your device, but a lot of tips for tablets can be found here. FreakTab.com
        It's a buddies site and he created a Marine section for me but I've had more on plate getting the boat ready for cruising. Any additions to what I've put there is more than welcome

Comment

Working...
        X