Announcement

Collapse

Microsoft Mail Accounts not Working

Hello,

We like to Inform you, that we can not Send Mailīs to Microsoft Mail Service.
This means User with an E-Mail Account @ Hotmail, Outlook, Live etc. will
not receive any Mails from us.
This is not our fault, we are in Contact with them but so far no Answer.
We will let you know when the Issue is fixed!

Freaktab Admin Team
See more
See less

Freaktab developer review : VOYO MINI WIN 8.1 PC

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaktab developer review : VOYO MINI WIN 8.1 PC

Hi everyone, I was recently asked by Emma from Geekbuying to do a review of the Voyo Windows 8.1 mini pc.

It is labeled as the bing edition of windows 8.1. Here is a small amount of info on that http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...-bing-revealed.

I have a windows 8.1 pc that I use everyday at the tattoo studio but have never really been a fan of Windows 8.

My work PC does not run anywhere like my windows 7 pc at home. it has given me several problems over time and it all seemed to be OS related.

so I was very skeptical of how this device would operate.

However, I have been very impressed with the fuctionality of this little guy.

When you first turn the device on there are a NUMBER of updates. It does take quite awhile to go through them.

It is very important that you keep the device turned on during these updates.
    these updates can be a headache to wait for . so don't think something is wrong ,be patient.
    I have seen stories posted of the blue (and black) screen of death, but I also found there to be a few solutions if these problems do arise.

Here is a thread on the subject - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ni-pc-problems.

I recieved the unit via DHL and everything was in great shape.

The unit is very light and sort of makes you feel it would be fragile. However, it has a sturdy build.

It has several nice features.but may lack some ( depending on your needs )

*a Intel Baytrail-T Z3735 22nm CPU

*connects thru WIFI, and lacks an ethernet jack. it has Bluetooth as well

*Mobile data: Support GPRS / EDGE Class 12, HSPA+(21M/5.6M)

*device has a 1000mAh battery so it will stay on for a period of about 3 hours.

*2GB RAM 64GB storage ROM (external capacity up to 128GB)

*3 full size usb ports, 1 sd card slot, 1 mini HDMI port,
    the power port, and a power button on the front with led power light and a 3.5mm audio output

*a small unit 5 inches square and a half inch thick is compact to say the least.

and the power adapter will need to be replaced
    if you don't like the one that comes with it .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150209_125234756_HDR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	440194 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150209_125124343_HDR.jpg
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	440184 Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesYKW826HT.jpg
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	440185 This would be a nice compact setup

I had to go purchase a HDMI to mini HDMI cord. That is the first downside to the box I noticed . not everyday do you have one laying around.

It is a real shame that it is not a full size HDMI.

The ports seem a bit weak. I noticed the mini HDMI cut the signal connection from time to time
    and I would have to wiggle the plug to get signal back. Not sure if it was just the box I have, or not.

I can see the need for improvement on the stability of the ports.Click image for larger version

Name:	ghghg.PNG
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	440186

i opened the unit to see what was inside. looks alot like a tablet . so you could see where maybe some cooling might be needed.

Name:	IMG_20150210_141806865_HDR.jpg
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	440188Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150210_141823816_HDR.jpg
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	440187
    you don't have to pay for the windows os loaded on already .

no activation or anything . plug and play

Name:	screen 1.jpg
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	440190Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturescreen 2.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	440189

Name:	susus.PNG
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	440191 i was very pleased to see photoshop ran great !!!

Normal daily use of the pc itself is a lot smoother than my work pc. It could be a relatively cheap alternitive to buying a full on pc
    for the right person.

If you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, you would have a reliable enough combo for everyday use.

With the SD card slot or another drive, you could have all the room you need.

I watched some movies from an external hard drive and had no issue whatsoever.

I loaded photoshop cs5 onto the pc and ran it while a movie was playing
    and just alone as well.

With the movie going it lagged a bit but using photoshop by itself was great, no problems.

using the stock windows media player was just fine. i use the win 8 netflix app and had good results.

I did not try KODI or XBMC , I have seen several posts dicussing this and everyone seems as if it works well.

i have yet to see someone try any 4k video yet. i would say the 4k TV would be required. lol

I have watched movies and used several different programs just testing general things.and have found
    the unit has gotten warm at times,never enough to make it crash or anything.

i was very pleased with the performance of this tiny box, it runs just like a everyday PC with some extra perks .

heat could be an issue after some time. i'm going to get a small heatsink i found
    online and see if that helps with cooling .

if your going to push it ,then i would suggest to go ahead and take care of the cooling .
    the posts that I have seen on this subject all point to needing more cooling for sure .

once again, I thank Emma and all the guys at GEEKBUYING for the chance to do this review.
    as always a pleasure to do this for you .

i will update this post with any more findings or whatever arises .

this is worth the price for sure, i would recommend this unit to anyone who could use the basic dual purpose of a PC and mediaplayer .

if you have any questions just pm me and i will see if i can help.

heres the basic specs

Name:	rtttr.PNG
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	440192Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrt.PNG
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	440193

here is a $15 off coupon for VOYO MINI PC: DYYLAVEJ

so I hope you gained some good knowledge from my review and i'll see ya next time !!

Tattman65
    Freaktab art developer

moderator .
    Last edited by tattman65; 03-03-2015, 17:14.
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
    Hi everyone, I was recently asked by Emma from Geekbuying to do a review of the Voyo Windows 8.1 mini pc.

It is labeled as the bing edition of windows 8.1. Here is a small amount of info on that http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...-bing-revealed.

I have a windows 8.1 pc that I use everyday at the tattoo studio but have never really been a fan of Windows 8.

My work PC does not run anywhere like my windows 7 pc at home. it has given me several problems over time and it all seemed to be OS related.

so I was very skeptical of how this device would operate.

However, I have been very impressed with the fuctionality of this little guy.

When you first turn the device on there are a NUMBER of updates. It does take quite awhile to go through them.

It is very important that you keep the device turned on during these updates.
    these updates can be a headache to wait for . so don't think something is wrong ,be patient.
    I have seen stories posted of the blue (and black) screen of death, but I also found there to be a few solutions if these problems do arise.

Here is a thread on the subject - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ni-pc-problems.

I recieved the unit via DHL and everything was in great shape.

The unit is very light and sort of makes you feel it would be fragile. However, it has a sturdy build.

It has several nice features.but may lack some ( depending on your needs )

*a Intel Baytrail-T Z3735 22nm CPU

*connects thru WIFI, and lacks an ethernet jack. it has Bluetooth as well

*Mobile data: Support GPRS / EDGE Class 12, HSPA+(21M/5.6M)

*device has a 1000mAh battery so it will stay on for a period of about 3 hours.

*2GB RAM 64GB storage ROM (external capacity up to 128GB)

*3 full size usb ports, 1 sd card slot, 1 mini HDMI port,
    the power port, and a power button on the front with led power light and a 3.5mm audio output

*a small unit 5 inches square and a half inch thick is compact to say the least.

and the power adapter will need to be replaced
    if you don't like the one that comes with it .
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10652[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10642[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10643[/ATTACH] This would be a nice compact setup

I had to go purchase a HDMI to mini HDMI cord. That is the first downside to the box I noticed . not everyday do you have one laying around.

It is a real shame that it is not a full size HDMI.

The ports seem a bit weak. I noticed the mini HDMI cut the signal connection from time to time
    and I would have to wiggle the plug to get signal back. Not sure if it was just the box I have, or not.

I can see the need for improvement on the stability of the ports.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10644[/ATTACH]

i opened the unit to see what was inside. looks alot like a tablet . so you could see where maybe some cooling might be needed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10645[/ATTACH]
    you don't have to pay for the windows os loaded on already .

no activation or anything . plug and play

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10649[/ATTACH] i was very pleased to see photoshop ran great !!!

Normal daily use of the pc itself is a lot smoother than my work pc. It could be a relatively cheap alternitive to buying a full on pc
    for the right person.

If you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, you would have a reliable enough combo for everyday use.

With the SD card slot or another drive, you could have all the room you need.

I watched some movies from an external hard drive and had no issue whatsoever.

I loaded photoshop cs5 onto the pc and ran it while a movie was playing
    and just alone as well.

With the movie going it lagged a bit but using photoshop by itself was great, no problems.

using the stock windows media player was just fine. i use the win 8 netflix app and had good results.

I did not try KODI or XBMC , I have seen several posts dicussing this and everyone seems as if it works well.

i have yet to see someone try any 4k video yet. i would say the 4k TV would be required. lol

I have watched movies and used several different programs just testing general things.and have found
    the unit has gotten warm at times,never enough to make it crash or anything.

i was very pleased with the performance of this tiny box, it runs just like a everyday PC with some extra perks .

heat could be an issue after some time. i'm going to get a small heatsink i found
    online and see if that helps with cooling .

if your going to push it ,then i would suggest to go ahead and take care of the cooling .
    the posts that I have seen on this subject all point to needing more cooling for sure .

once again, I thank Emma and all the guys at GEEKBUYING for the chance to do this review.
    as always a pleasure to do this for you .

i will update this post with any more findings or whatever arises .

this is worth the price for sure, i would recommend this unit to anyone who could use the basic dual purpose of a PC and mediaplayer .

if you have any questions just pm me and i will see if i can help.

heres the basic specs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10651[/ATTACH]

here is a $15 off coupon for VOYO MINI PC: DYYLAVEJ

so I hope you gained some good knowledge from my review and i'll see ya next time !!

Tattman65
    Freaktab art developer

moderator .
    Thank you for your good job.

Sincerely
    Emma
    Meecool BB2 Amlogic S912 Octa Core -->>Click Here
    Zidoo X9S Realtek RTD1295 TV BOX $149

Comment

so it does not supports 1TB external hard drive??

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuyer View Post
        so it does not supports 1TB external hard drive??
        I played movies from my terabyte external just fine .
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Working...
        X