Announcement

Collapse

Microsoft Mail Accounts not Working

Hello,

We like to Inform you, that we can not Send Mailīs to Microsoft Mail Service.
This means User with an E-Mail Account @ Hotmail, Outlook, Live etc. will
not receive any Mails from us.
This is not our fault, we are in Contact with them but so far no Answer.
We will let you know when the Issue is fixed!

Freaktab Admin Team
See more
See less

Remix OS On Your PC...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remix OS On Your PC...

From Lilliputing. An Android X86 and Jide collaboration.
    Khadas VIM(S905X), Beelink R68 II(S912), GOLE1(Intel Z8300), NEXBOX T10(Intel Z8300), Ugoos UT3(RK3288) and UT3+(RK3288), R-Box(RK3229-2GB/8GB), Tronsmart S95 Meta(AMLS905), Inphic i7(S905), UBOX(AMLS805), Q7(RK3188T)

Thats amazing news!

I'm volunteer at a krinloop.. (fixing PC's.. selling them cheap)
    I can only install windowz if the PC has a license (or if someone donates licenses)
    -Most PC have old license aka old version of windows (XP:most / Vista / Win7:rarely )
    So, I'm forced to install Linux or leave the harddisk blank (doesn't sell well)
    -Most people have never heard of Linux
    But RemixOs/Android: everyone has played with Android.. This will be a great alternative

I only hope..the at p4 support..because that comes in the most

Comment

I have been a fan of X86 Android for a while. As you may already know, like LiveCDs for Linux Distros, X86 will work in the complete absence of a hard drive. So I assume this Remix OS spin will as well. Of course, it is faster installed to a drive.
      Live CDs turned me in to a distro junkie for a time. I must have burned 100's of discs. Thank goodness for UNetBootin.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to trying this on the 12th. If you are not familiar with the X86 Android project, have a look here. Results vary by hardware, but it works well generally.

BTW A tip of the hat to you, that is a nice thing you are doing. Reclaiming older PCs for those on a budget, is a noble effort. Not to mention the good done by keeping some more stuff out of the landfills.
      Khadas VIM(S905X), Beelink R68 II(S912), GOLE1(Intel Z8300), NEXBOX T10(Intel Z8300), Ugoos UT3(RK3288) and UT3+(RK3288), R-Box(RK3229-2GB/8GB), Tronsmart S95 Meta(AMLS905), Inphic i7(S905), UBOX(AMLS805), Q7(RK3188T)

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post

I only hope..the at p4 support..because that comes in the most
        A variety of platforms are covered(X86 Android), I have used it on some genuinely older hardware. To what extent this carries through to the Remix OS varient, we will have to see.

Comment

Looks very interesting to have RemixOS now on x86 platform.

Time for Google to answer this challange.

I'm waiting for Chromium with fully working android apps.

JD

Comment

Looks like the first leak is called Remix_OS_for_PC_64_B2015123002

Links: www.pastebin.com/7RagHEUD
            (not tested by me.. yet)

Comment

Official alpha version is out!
              Did anyone get it to boot?
              I will try to boot it using grub.. (same settings as android x86)
              Cheers

Comment

I am going to give it a shot tonight. I have enjoyed Remix OS on the S95. As compared to Android 5.1 as a desktop, there are some very nice features. Remix should be very fast on older X86 gear. I could see how it would bring purpose to some older hardware.
                I am looking forward to hearing if it helps your krinloop efforts.

Comment

I have it on my Lenovo Flex 2 14".
                  First impression: Awesome ROM. Even the touchscreen work perfect. I had some boot problems, but it is alpha.

JD

Comment

I really like the way, from Settings/Apps, you can select an app to run windowed or fullscreen. Apps like YouTube and Hulu look very good and work well when set to fullscreen. There is a lot of potential in Remix OS.
                    I am becoming a bit of a Remix OS fan, can you tell?

Comment

I have tested Remix 0S 2.0 alpha for some and I must say it is very stable for an alpha version.
                      The Reboot problem I had on my Lenovo Flex 2 14 was a bios issue, which was after a bios update gone.

JD

Comment

I have an issue with Remis OS. The sound quality is compared to Windows on the same notebook very bad. I have tested audio out and bt audio.
                        Has someone noticed a similiar behavior of Remix os?

JD

Comment

What about HDMI audio_out, is it bad quality too?

Comment

It looks like hdmi out is not implemented at the moment.

JD

Comment

From CNX, an update is available.
                              Last edited by RISCy Dude; 01-25-2016, 23:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X