Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HERE HOW TO CHANGE LOGO BOOT IN TRONSMART S89/ BEELINK S82/ M8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by cat2115 View Post
    Thanks for the info
    Actually, someone is getting there, but it is not working yet.

    There is a python script to rip apart the logo here:
    https://github.com/steeve/aml-imgpack
    and it crashes on the bootup_1080 and bootup_720 files, but it works for all the others
    so if you use AMLResSplitter on the previous type of ROM and get those BMPs, and you get the upgrade BMPs from the other ROM, then you can make a customized one...

    or so it would work, except the repacking of the python script crashes, and the order of files is wrong in the output of the AMLResSplitter.

    If would need to be

    Listing assets in logo.img
    AmlResImgHead(crc=0x32bb07e2 version=2 imgSz=9887152 imgItemNum=9 alignSz=16)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_bar start=0x280 size=184)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_upgrading start=0x340 size=180072)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_logo start=0x2c2b0 size=180072)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_unfocus start=0x58220 size=184)
    AmlResItem(name=bootup_1080 start=0x582e0 size=6220856)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_success start=0x646f20 size=180072)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_fail start=0x672e90 size=180072)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_error start=0x69ee00 size=180072)
    AmlResItem(name=bootup_720 start=0x6cad70 size=2764856)

    And it is

    Listing assets in out.img
    AmlResImgHead(crc=0xc7cf7b39 version=1 imgSz=9887232 imgItemNum=9 alignSz=16)
    AmlResItem(name=bootup_1080 start=0x80 size=6220854)
    AmlResItem(name=bootup_720 start=0x5eed00 size=2764854)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_bar start=0x891d80 size=184)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_error start=0x891e80 size=180073)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_fail start=0x8bde30 size=180159)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_logo start=0x8e9e30 size=180072)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_success start=0x915de0 size=180073)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_unfocus start=0x941d90 size=184)
    AmlResItem(name=upgrade_upgrading start=0x941e90 size=180072)

    Something isn't right
    although it might work if the AMLogic device checks the AmlResItems by name, and not by the start-end, I will test it sometime later, Thursday is the latest (I need to not break the device in the next two days! )

    Comment


    • #17
      I tried that too but I get error. Probably i'm using portable python. I'm no techy but i can follow direction

      Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
      Actually, someone is getting there, but it is not working yet.

      There is a python script to rip apart the logo here:
      https://github.com/steeve/aml-imgpack
      and it crashes on the bootup_1080 and bootup_720 files, but it works for all the others
      so if you use AMLResSplitter on the previous type of ROM and get those BMPs, and you get the upgrade BMPs from the other ROM, then you can make a customized one...

      or so it would work, except the repacking of the python script crashes, and the order of files is wrong in the output of the AMLResSplitter.

      If would need to be

      Listing assets in logo.img
      AmlResImgHead(crc=0x32bb07e2 version=2 imgSz=9887152 imgItemNum=9 alignSz=16)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_bar start=0x280 size=184)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_upgrading start=0x340 size=180072)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_logo start=0x2c2b0 size=180072)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_unfocus start=0x58220 size=184)
      AmlResItem(name=bootup_1080 start=0x582e0 size=6220856)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_success start=0x646f20 size=180072)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_fail start=0x672e90 size=180072)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_error start=0x69ee00 size=180072)
      AmlResItem(name=bootup_720 start=0x6cad70 size=2764856)

      And it is

      Listing assets in out.img
      AmlResImgHead(crc=0xc7cf7b39 version=1 imgSz=9887232 imgItemNum=9 alignSz=16)
      AmlResItem(name=bootup_1080 start=0x80 size=6220854)
      AmlResItem(name=bootup_720 start=0x5eed00 size=2764854)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_bar start=0x891d80 size=184)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_error start=0x891e80 size=180073)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_fail start=0x8bde30 size=180159)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_logo start=0x8e9e30 size=180072)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_success start=0x915de0 size=180073)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_unfocus start=0x941d90 size=184)
      AmlResItem(name=upgrade_upgrading start=0x941e90 size=180072)

      Something isn't right
      although it might work if the AMLogic device checks the AmlResItems by name, and not by the start-end, I will test it sometime later, Thursday is the latest (I need to not break the device in the next two days! )

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by cat2115 View Post
        I tried that too but I get error. Probably i'm using portable python. I'm no techy but i can follow direction
        Unpacking was successful for me,

        Code:
        python aml-imgpack.py --unpack logo.img
        And then it unpacked all of them EXCEPT the boot images

        but if you use the old logo.img, then you can extract the same boot images from the other ROM using AML Res Splitter - copy them over your bugged boot images created by the python code

        and I think repacking was successful with AML Res Splitter too and it would work if I tried to flash it

        I'm going to tinker with this the day after tomorrow, I am planning on changing the logo and the boot-animation inside the stock ROM ZIP, and then use the platform's certificate for signAPK and hope that it works with SDCard Flash

        Comment


        • #19
          Yes i tried that code. Maybe because I'm at work and I don't have admin right

          use old "logo.img"? what do you mean? use below 112k firmware?

          Off-topic
          I create a bootanimation.zip to repeat but it never repeat. So I get a black screen a few second then it go to homescreen.

          i have folder part0, part1 and text file. Using Winrar to zip as store. bootanimation.zip
          text file as
          800 600 12
          p 1 0 part0
          p 0 0 part1

          I tested with bootanimationfactory from xda and everything work fine. However, when put in M8 TV box, it doesn't repeat.


          Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
          Unpacking was successful for me,

          Code:
          python aml-imgpack.py --unpack logo.img
          And then it unpacked all of them EXCEPT the boot images

          but if you use the old logo.img, then you can extract the same boot images from the other ROM using AML Res Splitter - copy them over your bugged boot images created by the python code

          and I think repacking was successful with AML Res Splitter too and it would work if I tried to flash it

          I'm going to tinker with this the day after tomorrow, I am planning on changing the logo and the boot-animation inside the stock ROM ZIP, and then use the platform's certificate for signAPK and hope that it works with SDCard Flash
          Last edited by cat2115; 02-10-2015, 13:46.

          Comment


          • #20
            Yeah, use old logo.img for example the MediaMan 110k firmware had the old logo.img with only the two boot files, use AMLResSplitter on that to get those BMPs, use the python script to get the other BMPs from 112k, then repack them using AMLResSplitter

            Also, that is really odd, bootanimation worked for me without a problem

            848 562 30
            p 0 0 part0

            Really strange! Mine worked... and it's the same... hmm...



            Originally posted by cat2115 View Post
            Yes i tried that code. Maybe because I'm at work and I don't have admin right

            use old "logo.img"? what do you mean? use below 112k firmware?

            Off-topic
            I create a bootanimation.zip to repeat but it never repeat. So I get a black screen a few second then it go to homescreen.

            i have folder part0, part1 and text file. Using Winrar to zip as store. bootanimation.zip
            text file as
            800 600 12
            p 1 0 part0
            p 0 0 part1

            I tested with bootanimationfactory from xda and everything work fine. However, when put in M8 TV box, it doesn't repeat.

            Comment


            • #21
              i did not sign the bootanimation.zip. I remove ROM bootanimate.zip and add the new one i made then use sign-em from xda to sign the rom

              Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
              Yeah, use old logo.img for example the MediaMan 110k firmware had the old logo.img with only the two boot files, use AMLResSplitter on that to get those BMPs, use the python script to get the other BMPs from 112k, then repack them using AMLResSplitter

              Also, that is really odd, bootanimation worked for me without a problem

              848 562 30
              p 0 0 part0

              Really strange! Mine worked... and it's the same... hmm...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cat2115 View Post
                i did not sign the bootanimation.zip. I remove ROM bootanimate.zip and add the new one i made then use sign-em from xda to sign the rom
                That is supposed to work perfectly fine, the bootanimation does not have to be signed.

                Did you use the platform PEM files from the stock ROM's thread?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
                  That is supposed to work perfectly fine, the bootanimation does not have to be signed.

                  Did you use the platform PEM files from the stock ROM's thread?
                  finally i got the bootanimation.zip to work perfectly. Anyhow, I still can't get logo.img to work. I use stock firmware 119k. Took the logo.img and extract with AMLResSpliter and I also use pyhton to split the logo.img. Pyhton works and able to give me all .bmp except bootup_720 and bootup_1080. The bootup file did have .bmp but when open in Photoshop CC, it said error about start/end thing. AMLResSpliter extract all file but no .bmp

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wait, 1.19k??? I only have 1.12k, what is going on :O

                    Okay, so today I managed to change the logo on 1.12k.

                    What I did was the following,
                    I did EXACTLY what this thread says.
                    Used the bootup_720 and bootup_1080 with AMLResSplitter. No other files.
                    And the recovery crashed at first attempt to go to it afterwards, but it worked perfectly on the second. So I think (think) it should be okay.

                    So get the 1.10k logo.img from Mediaman's ROM, use AMLResSplitter, modify the BMPs, repack, do the guide here, flash the logo.zip from recovery, and it should work.

                    Also, the stock linked keys suck, but the signapk.zip here on this topic worked flawlessly.

                    Originally posted by cat2115 View Post
                    finally i got the bootanimation.zip to work perfectly. Anyhow, I still can't get logo.img to work. I use stock firmware 119k. Took the logo.img and extract with AMLResSpliter and I also use pyhton to split the logo.img. Pyhton works and able to give me all .bmp except bootup_720 and bootup_1080. The bootup file did have .bmp but when open in Photoshop CC, it said error about start/end thing. AMLResSpliter extract all file but no .bmp

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      hey guys i wanted to share this resource with you guys and ask the easiest way for a quasi noob to replace the boot animation.zip

                      http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post42858256

                      when i download these files seems they are names BOOTANIMATION.zip as well.

                      i found the initial bootanimation unpacking omen's rom....
                      and wanted to play with these and try to get one going.

                      can i simply replace the file in the zip before install?

                      i know i have to sign the zip etc.....
                      but was curious if i am thinking this is easier than it is.

                      also the "MBOX" opening spining animation is that actually that file?

                      these bootanimations look awesome and i wantto dive in!

                      lol

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        can anyone recommend or shed light if the splitter tool exists for mac?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by krzmtl View Post
                          can anyone recommend or shed light if the splitter tool exists for mac?
                          the Splitter tool works on windows only, although there is a python script but that doesn't work well.

                          But you can install a VM on MAC I believe and then run a Windows and then run AMLSplitter. Or you can just ask a friend with windows to run it for you to repack the BMPs. But that's for the INITIAL logo, not for boot animation.

                          Yes, the bootanimation is the rotating MBOX thing on the screen. You can replace it in the ZIP at the /system/media/bootanimation.zip but you also have to delete the 3 files that indicate the signature, and use signapk.zip in THIS thread to re-sign it, that should work.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            In the end, this helps: http://mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=334

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X