Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to change your bootanimation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how to change your bootanimation

    alright, i get asked this all the time so here is how to do it .

    download the animation you want to use .

    use something like es file explorer and go to system/media .

    you will see a zip file labeled bootanimation.zip

    now ,rename that one to" bootanimationold "

    copy the new one to the same place

    rename that one to bootanimation.zip

    change the permissions ,which is at the bottom of the list , check all boxes "rwx-rwx-rwx"

    reboot and you should see the new one .
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi











  • #2
    Thanks. I keep meaning to look into doing this. Also, at some point, I might have a go at creating my own, if it's not too difficult.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think the permisions can be rw- rw- r-- am I wrong?

      leolas
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by leolas View Post
        I think the permisions can be rw- rw- r-- am I wrong?

        leolas

        i have seen where that does work . so glad you said that . but most of the time all permissions work just fine
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi










        Comment


        • #5
          Ah, the Linux guys have a discussion about the rights.
          I get always in trouble with those rwx and $ # stuff, but since 900supersports tutorial I understood the numbers 4-2-1. I think thats a small step in the right direction.

          JDfense

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JDfense View Post
            Ah, the Linux guys have a discussion about the rights.
            I get always in trouble with those rwx and $ # stuff, but since 900supersports tutorial I understood the numbers 4-2-1. I think thats a small step in the right direction.

            JDfense

            i have always used "rwx-rwx-rwx" animation works everytime .

            but i have noticed at the same time when i replace an animation already there on some devices "rw-rw-r"
            are the settings go figure ,cause i put one in place and check all boxes and it works just fine .
            freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi










            Comment


            • #7
              Re: how to change your bootanimation

              Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
              i have always used "rwx-rwx-rwx" animation works everytime .

              but i have noticed at the same time when i replace an animation already there on some devices "rw-rw-r"
              are the settings go figure ,cause i put one in place and check all boxes and it works just fine .
              If it works, then it is good, tatty
              Some basics thay maybe can help:Permission are for 3 group
              Owner, group, the rest
              r is read, w is write and x is execution,
              So if a file has: rwx rw- r-- that means that the owner can read, write and execute the file, the group of the owner can only read and write. And tje rest of users only can read the file

              leolas
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for that detail as i am going to try to re pack in rom with mod tools i used boot animations before (i know lazy ass i am) this time i want to package it right and show off the awsome animations from this thread.

                i have a question though on the box i am loading it has the rmk logo that shows up first is there anyway to put another logo for that first load? i have it so the animation from here loads next and its sweet but i want to replace even that first boot one

                thanks in advance.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  How to change Iphone's bootanimation?

                  Yes, we all know the IOS is a closed system, it is not easy to change something of it. It seems that you do everything you have to enter your Apple Id.

                  So how to change the bootanimation of Iphone, anyone can tell me?
                  Newfrog- Cool Gadgets With Wholesale Prices + Free Shipping all over the world

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sorry but im novice and I don't understand

                    Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
                    alright, i get asked this all the time so here is how to do it .

                    download the animation you want to use .

                    use something like es file explorer and go to system/media .

                    you will see a zip file labeled bootanimation.zip

                    now ,rename that one to" bootanimationold "

                    copy the new one to the same place

                    rename that one to bootanimation.zip

                    change the permissions ,which is at the bottom of the list , check all boxes "rwx-rwx-rwx"

                    reboot and you should see the new one .

                    im sorry I'm French and I want to change the bootanimation in my cube 65gt but your explication is confuse for , please you can explain a little for me please, very thqnks to you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
                      alright, i get asked this all the time so here is how to do it .

                      download the animation you want to use .

                      use something like es file explorer and go to system/media .

                      you will see a zip file labeled bootanimation.zip

                      now ,rename that one to" bootanimationold "

                      copy the new one to the same place

                      rename that one to bootanimation.zip

                      change the permissions ,which is at the bottom of the list , check all boxes "rwx-rwx-rwx"

                      reboot and you should see the new one .
                      sorry and I have already bootanimation for this but it's in my computer, how can I make it please?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tacotac78570 View Post
                        sorry and I have already bootanimation for this but it's in my computer, how can I make it please?

                        my friend that is a straight forward explanation as i can give . if you follow the steps i gave you can do it .

                        just take your time . but just so you know your device must have root to do this .


                        plug your device into your pc and move it from there to the device .


                        take your time it is easy to do .
                        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi










                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am going to try it out today
                          jobsearch NSW

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X