Announcement

Collapse

Microsoft Mail Accounts not Working

Hello,

We like to Inform you, that we can not Send Mail´s to Microsoft Mail Service.
This means User with an E-Mail Account @ Hotmail, Outlook, Live etc. will
not receive any Mails from us.
This is not our fault, we are in Contact with them but so far no Answer.
We will let you know when the Issue is fixed!

Freaktab Admin Team
See more
See less

Create A Simple Boot Animation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create A Simple Boot Animation

How to Create a simple 2 frame boot animation

Create a folder on your desktop lets call it project for the sake of it. Now inside that folder create another folder and name it part0.

1) Make sure the know the proper size of your screen most standard tablet sizes tend to be
    800x480
    1024x600
    1024x768
    1200x800

2) We are going to need two images for the animation, been only two images this will not slow down
    boot time on your tablet. So here is an example of a boot animation that I did for the Arnova 10-g2.
    The picture below will be image number one, so when you have created your main image save it to the folder on your desktop project/part0 and name it 0000

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	438085 First image named 0000

3) Now to make it simple, what I did was to zoom into the android robot eyes on my paint program, use the colour picker tool and select an area close to the eye, so now you are going to colour the eyes in so it looks like the robots head in all blue.

4) Save this image to the folder on your desktop project/part 0 and name this image 0001, see picture below.

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	438086Second image named 0001

5) Download this program http://db.tt/6Pt1boHF (Paste in browser)
    BootanimationCreator

Now you are ready to create your boot animation with this excellent tool!

Install the program (be aware that you need Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed on your PC)

Start it up.

Name:	Capture6.PNG
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	438092

1) Click Choose folder, and direct it to you desktop/project folder and click next.

Name:	Capture7.PNG
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	438093

2) With it only been a two frame animation we need to slow it down to 15fps so click in the box where you see the set properties, on the 1024,600,30 it will turn blue. now click edit and change the fps to 15.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	438087

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	438088

3) Now click on Add Loop and select Choose folder, once selected you will see part 0 pop up so select it, click on set number of loops and change that value to 0 (Important)

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	438089

4) Click next and this will take you to the save screen, save it as bootanimation.zip to somewhere where you can find it. After that you can preview it to see what your animation will look like

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	438090

Name:	Capture5.PNG
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	438091

You have created your very own bootanimation! Remember you do not have to use a robot for the animation like I did, you could have for example the text (Loading . . . . ) on the first screen than on the second just paint away the dots(Loading ) this will create a small animation so the dots flash, there are endless possibilities for the animation, and if you wanted to use more screens to the animation you can, so a 10/20/50 screen animation just follow the same guide.

Now lets get it on your tablet!

Copy the bootanimation.zip you created to your sd card or internal memory if you have not got one.

Now on your tablet you will need a file manager that supports root, like Rootexplorer, File Expert or Ez File Explorer. Go into settings and enable root in the settings, and enable read/write as well.

Goto /system/media and either rename the existing bootanimation file to bootanimationold or something else or delete it if you dont like it. Now copy your bootanimation to that same directory.

Select properties of the file, or permissions depending on what file manager you use and make sure that they are all ticked.

Reboot and enjoy your very own customized boot screen

Troubleshooting
    Some tablets boot in landscape and some in portrait so if when it boots it looks like it is the wrong way round simply change the image 0000 and 0001 the other way round ie from 1024 x 768 to 768x1024. Just load the images into the paint program again and rotate the image right and save, do this for both screens. An example of this is the Arnova 9g2 Gingerbread rom.

Credits to Despotovski01 from XDA Developers for his excellent tool to create these I have used it many times so credit to him for a great program,

Last edited by Damo; 05-16-2012, 16:11.
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

Great tutorial Damo!! Even a layman as myself can understand that. I'm sure all of us freaktabers will enjoy this so lets create some boot animations
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
      Great tutorial Damo!! Even a layman as myself can understand that. I'm sure all of us freaktabers will enjoy this so lets create some boot animations
      OK, so that was basically a walk in the park. Thanks, Damo. Here's my first effort, which consists of Damo's default animation for the 10B G2 (as a second part) preceded by the boot animation from here looping 4 times first (since once the Arnova's are loaded, they take a while to boot.)

It's 1024x600; although: (1) the source image for the first loop are 640x360 and (2) 24fps, but I slowed it down. It's just a start. I intend to play a little bit more with this.

Running fine on an Arnova 10B G2, so I imagine it would run fine on an Arnova 10 G2 (even though the device name's wrong). Don't forget to reset permissions to 777 when you copy it to \system\media and, just to be safe, rename your default bootanimation in case something goes awry.

As with everything here, YMMV and you're on your own.
      Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
      HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
      Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Thank you for these straightforward instructions. If I may ask a follow-up question though: What about an animated gif-file (with say 100 frames)? Do I still need 2 pictures for the boot animation creator?

Comment

Thanks for this thread, my cube in a little bit more mine :-)

Brian
          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Hi guys, could you provide some help?

I have been trying this for 2 days with no luck! I am using Finless 1.5 for iMito MX1. No matter what I do on boot I get the original green Finless boot logo (non-animated) for 3-5 seconds, then a blank screen for another 6 seconds. Then I finally see the desktop but it is rotated -90 degrees. After a second or two the desktop corrects itself but everything is laggy for a few minutes and the launcher sometimes crashes. After relaunch everything works as expected.

I have tried both this tut and the one here:
            http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...imation-guide/

Even trying to put Finless original bootanimation.zip back results in the same behavior.

desc.txt>
            1280 720 15
            p 0 0 part0

part0 folder>
            0000.png - 0010.png

Images saved in png format with photoshop CS3 - 8bit 1280x720 non-interlaced

No thumbs.db file in the zip archive (sneaky windows)

Permissions set correctly using both es file explorer and chmod 755 inside /system/media

Everything seems to be correct except the actual boot execution. Going out of my mind here. If I cant even get a boot image to work how am I supposed to recompile a kernel?! lol

Thanks for any ideas...

Comment

There are 2 boot screens and 1 boot animation.

The kernel has a boot screen. Like 2 penguins or google TV or my screen. To change kernel screen I used a hex editor. However, I do not recall if I chnaged the kernel boot screen on MX1 1.5.

Then there is a boot screen in boot.img. You will need to take apart boot.img and rebuild it to change it. It is a special RLE format.

Then of course bootanimation which sounds to me like your not making it properly since you cannot see it. Also something else must have changed with your build.prop as your screen is rotating and you dont see the original bootanimation. So you have obvioulsy changed other settings related to all this. Possibly replaced framework files or something?

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hmmm, quite possibly. I've only had an android device for 4 days, so I'm VERY new to all this.

The only thing I know for sure I've done is changing the sf.hwrotation=270 per your suggestion for the rotated touchscreen, but that didn't work so I reverted. I did get some wierd results a couple different times in my trials, such as after boot i had a bootanimation.zip.bak created and a regular file called bootanimation.zip (that time i saw your boot image and the factory iMito boot animation) so maybe I caused it to write something somewhere.

I'll try to reflash to a clean 1.5 install to see if that clears things up.

Thanks Finless.

Comment

i would suggest you start just making a simple two frame animation at first then move on .

if your using boot animation factory it does all the work . just make sure your folders or labeled right and set your fps and no loop for a two frame . see where you can go from there .

Comment

Original MK808 firmware bootanimation.zip

Hi Bob,

where/how can we get
                    bootanimation.zip from original MK808 firmware?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Morph3R View Post
                      Hi Bob,

where/how can we get
                      bootanimation.zip from original MK808 firmware?

Thanks!
                      Learn to take apart ROMs and copy out bootanimation.zip from /system/media
                      Or flash that ROM and copy it out.

If you want to change things then you need to learn how. Sorry I am just that way! I wont give something until you know how to do it.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

No worries!

There are two things I really like:
                        1. To learn stuff
                        2. To take things apart in order to learn stuff.

Keep up the excellent work mate! Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for this thread, my Pipo in a little bit more mine :-)

Vincent

Comment

Sounds sweet! I'd love having my own boot animation. Got a couple of questions though and hope, you guys could help me with that.

1. I used the tool and follow the tutorial step by step. Only in the end, I cannot preview my animation. Is something going wrong?

2. Do the files have to be .png or is .jpg also working? .png are quite huge - at least the ones that I wanted to use.

3. When putting the files in the folder, do the file extensions have to be deleted? Or can they just be left as they are?

I tried various settings now but always the preview doesn't work. That's why I don't dare yet to put it on my mk808b. Thank you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 1234klaus View Post
                              Sounds sweet! I'd love having my own boot animation. Got a couple of questions though and hope, you guys could help me with that.

1. I used the tool and follow the tutorial step by step. Only in the end, I cannot preview my animation. Is something going wrong?

2. Do the files have to be .png or is .jpg also working? .png are quite huge - at least the ones that I wanted to use.

3. When putting the files in the folder, do the file extensions have to be deleted? Or can they just be left as they are?

I tried various settings now but always the preview doesn't work. That's why I don't dare yet to put it on my mk808b. Thank you guys.

if your using this tool it is a bit outdated , search bootanimation factory ,download and install that one instead . much more up to date.

the type of file is important to your device and the mk808 uses png .
                              nothing is deleted , try the factory and you'll probably be ok .

follow the directions !!! anymore trouble just ask .

Comment

Working...
                              X