Announcement

Collapse

Microsoft Mail Accounts not Working

Hello,

We like to Inform you, that we can not Send Mail´s to Microsoft Mail Service.
This means User with an E-Mail Account @ Hotmail, Outlook, Live etc. will
not receive any Mails from us.
This is not our fault, we are in Contact with them but so far no Answer.
We will let you know when the Issue is fixed!

Freaktab Admin Team
See more
See less

Make partitions (boot, kernal, misc, recovery, etc) into a single image?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make partitions (boot, kernal, misc, recovery, etc) into a single image?

I have these partitions that I extracted from my device.

(boot),
    (kernel),
    (misc),
    (recovery),
    (resource),
    (system),

(uboot),
    (trust),

(baseparamer),
    (backup),
    (cache),
    (userdata),
    (metadata),
    (kpanic),
    (user)

How can I merge all these together into a single image that I can burn using factorytool_v1.41?

Yes. Take IMG from similar rom. Pull apart and replace
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Have to add userdata to config so it will add
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thank you. Here is where I'm having trouble. I'm using V88 (http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_401684.html) and can't seem to find a "similar" enough rom. I tried flashing it with some MXQ ones but the burning tool stalls and the devices gets kinda bricked. So I can't start with a pre-done rom. I extracted these images using AndroidTool by calculating the offsets and such. The issue now though is how to get them all into one file that I can burn with factorytool?

Comment

Can't you just use Android tool 2.33 and flash the individual files?

If you do want to create a single image then you might want to try this.

Find a copy of RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00.

Then get a similar image from another box and put the image into the RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00 folder (you may have to shorten the name as the tool can report faults if the name is too long).

Unpack the image using the tool and you will see from the resulting folders how and where it extracts the various components.

Replace the extracted components with your own files and then use the tool to repack and create a new image.

I've not tried using the tool with an RK3229 ROM but it does work with all previous RK ones.
          Video Out: 48" 4K LED Smart TV-HDMI 2.0. Audio Out: SPDIF 5.1/Arc return HDMI to Phillips Soundbar. Stock remote control, Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse. Logitech K400R Plus.
          Chuwi HiBox, ASRock Beebox N3150 (W10/Intel VAAPI with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server) dual boot. TX5 Pro, NexSmart D32, Alfawise S92, MXIII-G II

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Is there a tool people use to extract stock images from the hardware or are they just typically released by the manufacturer?

Comment

Exactly bluesman it does work in rk3229. Except you have to add rk322a to the file in the base directory

Comment

Hmm... ok so this is interesting. I think the first thing of not being able to flash the device with "similar" roms might have been a false lead. The actual problem I think is with the Windows driver for the V88 device. When I open AndroidTool, it says "Found One ADB Device". However, when I get the parameter file from the Advanced tab, I get the error, “Match device type failed,stop running!”

It seems I'm not the only one getting this error:
                http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/03/...-march-8-2016/

I'm still trying to figure it out. But does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

https://mega.nz/#%21QpoRyCpb%21K9hpT..._1sMTBAN7Xuj5U

Try this tool to burn img.

Comment

When flashing Rockchip devices I use the Android tool when I am loading separate elements and Factory tool 1.33 when using single image files.

But see how you get on with the tool that prahjister has posted and let us know as it will be valuable for these newer RK SOC's.
                    Video Out: 48" 4K LED Smart TV-HDMI 2.0. Audio Out: SPDIF 5.1/Arc return HDMI to Phillips Soundbar. Stock remote control, Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse. Logitech K400R Plus.
                    Chuwi HiBox, ASRock Beebox N3150 (W10/Intel VAAPI with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server) dual boot. TX5 Pro, NexSmart D32, Alfawise S92, MXIII-G II

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                      Exactly bluesman it does work in rk3229. Except you have to add rk322a to the file in the base directory
                      That last part will be very useful to know.

Hopefully the dev of the tool will update it to reflect the new SOCs

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

That last part will be very useful to know.

Hopefully the dev of the tool will update it to reflect the new SOCs
                        Sorry i get lazy when i am on my phone responding. With the rk3xxx tool go to the file platforms.txt and add RK322A to the end. When you are packing back choose that one.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Sorry i get lazy when i am on my phone responding. With the rk3xxx tool go to the file platforms.txt and add RK322A to the end. When you are packing back choose that one.
                          Got it and added.

Thanks.

Comment

FYI on future chips. when you open the img file in the burning tool in post 9 it shows the RKcode in top right.

Comment

Hmm. So I've been working on this the past few days and have made progress but a twist is no in the mix. I flashed with N9 firmware no mods. It kinda bricked the device. Then I tried the same thing with Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 firmware for R-Box Plus - China Gadgets Reviews. This at least got to the boot screen then froze. The main difference was the R-Box had bootload 2.31 and the N9 had an older version. So I added the dumped files from the V88 to the unpacked R-Box. The flashtool (used 'upgrade' and 'restore') said everything went fine (flash, verification, etc) and the device came up. Ok good.

Now here is the interesting part. Made some mods to the working rom. Repacked it. It goes from ~1.3 GB to ~700 MB. I take the 700MB rom and flash it. Device comes up. The strange part though was the apps I removed were still on the device. Then I try changing the wall paper and reflashing. The wall paper is still there.

So the question I'm trying to figure out is why the device is accepting the flash then not doing anything? Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X