Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make partitions (boot, kernal, misc, recovery, etc) into a single image?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexisKattan View Post
    Hmm. So I've been working on this the past few days and have made progress but a twist is no in the mix. I flashed with N9 firmware no mods. It kinda bricked the device. Then I tried the same thing with Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 firmware for R-Box Plus - China Gadgets Reviews. This at least got to the boot screen then froze. The main difference was the R-Box had bootload 2.31 and the N9 had an older version. So I added the dumped files from the V88 to the unpacked R-Box. The flashtool (used 'upgrade' and 'restore') said everything went fine (flash, verification, etc) and the device came up. Ok good.

Now here is the interesting part. Made some mods to the working rom. Repacked it. It goes from ~1.3 GB to ~700 MB. I take the 700MB rom and flash it. Device comes up. The strange part though was the apps I removed were still on the device. Then I try changing the wall paper and reflashing. The wall paper is still there.

So the question I'm trying to figure out is why the device is accepting the flash then not doing anything? Any ideas?
    What misc file did you use?
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I used the misc files that I dumped from the original hardware.

I've been playing around with it more. I think what was happening was that my first img that I thought was working wasn't actually. I used another program and it said it was corrupted. So my current working hypothesis is that when I flashed the img that I though was working, it somehow reverted to the recovery of the img that was nativity on the hardware.

The other things that I'm trying to figure out:

1. Did I use the right bootloader? In the img I made I used 2.31. However, I don't know if that was on the stock firmware because I never dumped it. Is there a way to figure out the bootloader that is on a device?
      2. When I unpacked the MRX pro there is a file called boot.bin outside of where other dumped images (boot, kernal, ..) are and I don't know if that is important.

Comment

Also, I made a new img with the dumped imgs from the hardware and it just got to the bootloader screen but never fully booted. The other program didn't say that was corrupted.

Comment

I'm trying to go about getting the CMDLINE command in another way.

When I extracted the MXR PRO I got:
          CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](uboot),0 [email protected](trust),[email protected]( misc),[email protected](baseparamer),0x0000780 [email protected](resource),[email protected](kerne l),[email protected](boot),[email protected] 00(recovery),[email protected](backup),0x00040 [email protected](cache),[email protected](metada ta),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected] 98000(system),[email protected](userdata)

I got another fresh V88 and adb in:
          then
          cat /proc/cmdline

vmalloc=496M psci=enable rockchip_jtag console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](uboot),0 [email protected](trust),[email protected]( misc),[email protected](baseparamer),0x0000780 [email protected](resource),[email protected](kerne l),[email protected](boot),[email protected] 00(recovery),[email protected](backup),0x00040 [email protected](cache),[email protected](metada ta),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected] 98000(system),[email protected](userdata) storagemedia=emmc [email protected]:0x01000000 loader.timestamp=2016-07-01_14:20:46 hdmi.vic=65536 tve.format=1 androidboot.mode=emmc

This new one has a few extra things (vmalloc=496M psci=enable rockchip_jtag...) I'm trying to figure out if these are important or not in making the img.

Comment

RK322XMiniLoaderAll_V2.31.bin is the correct one for the chip that is in the device. When I try the other bootloaders, the FactoryTool I use to flash the new images stops working after a few seconds.

Comment

With RK322XMiniLoaderAll_V2.31.bin, it flashes ok, then the bootloader logo comes, then the bootloader animation comes, then just hangs on the bootloader animation forever.

Comment

Kind of out of ideas on this. One of the issues is that I can't get a base level "something" to work so it is hard to figure out where the problem is hiding. Anyone have a pointer?

Comment

Is there a way to extract everything (all the imgs, bootloader, params, etc) in one swoop?

Comment

The misc file tells the device what to do on next boot. If you used the one you pulled it won't format data and anything that was previously on the box will still be there. If you use the misc from stock it will format and give you a fresh install.
                    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

What is your intention? Flash everything and have it setup the way you want?

Comment

Goal is to flash everything and have it setup in a specific way, with background, added programs, removed bloatware.

Can you say more about the misc method. What should be my next move with that?

Comment

Working...
                        X