This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorted ..........

wasn't that difficult after a bit of surfing - doh!

Comment

Flashing problems - wndows?

Hello,

I have an older MK808 and a brand new MK808II. Both of them are recognized by Windows (7, home premium,) but none of the flashing tools recognizes them.

In Device Manager there´s class for rockusb devices and Rockusb Device. Windows states driver is OK.

I´ve already tried uninstalling and reistalling the drivers to no avail. The cables for each of the devices are different (plug), so it doesn´t looks like a cable problem.

Thanks for your help!

UPDATE: The problem was windows. After deleting a driver one MUST reboot before reinstall. Solved.
      Last edited by JorgeO; 06-12-2014, 09:01.

Comment

Backing up ROM

Can we create a backup of our ROM using this tool?
        I would like to basically 'create a rom' out of my existing ROM.
        As I have set up my device and apps, and have purchased another Rockchip device, and would like to Flash it (so i can have my existing set-up onto my new device), is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by JorgeO View Post
          Hello,

I have an older MK808 and a brand new MK808II. Both of them are recognized by Windows (7, home premium,) but none of the flashing tools recognizes them.

In Device Manager there´s class for rockusb devices and Rockusb Device. Windows states driver is OK.

I´ve already tried uninstalling and reistalling the drivers to no avail. The cables for each of the devices are different (plug), so it doesn´t looks like a cable problem.

Thanks for your help!

UPDATE: The problem was windows. After deleting a driver one MUST reboot before reinstall. Solved.
          I have something similar going on with my mk808b(not a clone) I think.My device shows up on the Flash Tool and the Batch Tool,but it doesn't show up as an RK30 in Divice Manager which I thought was necessary.Windows says that the drivers are working properly.I open the FlashTool and it says at the bottom the RKAndroid Rockusb is found,but there are no files listed in the box to flash to the unit.I've tried this with a couple of finless ROM's and it's always the same.I should also say that before I realized there was nothing there to flash(not being sure how it worked)I did erase the NAND.

As far as the Batchtool goes I have a green box,but I'm not sure where to get the FW Path for the file.I don't have to tell you that I'm new to this,but if anyone has the patience to point in the direction of what I'm doing wrong I'd sure appreciate it.I've been screwing with this thing since late last week and after reading in the read-me that loading the drivers was the hardest part I thought I had it made when I got them loaded.Boy was I wrong.

Thanks Chris

Figured it out on my own.
          Thanks anyway.
          Last edited by CVX20; 01-19-2015, 11:02.

Comment

Thank you Damo.
            I eventually managed the firmware upgrade for my MK 808B using your instructions. Found Geekbuying to be quite useless with directions, I am an 80 year old computer innocent (idiot). Will post this thank you on the other site (InstallingRockchip Drivers).
            Thanks again.
            Bob Hawkins.

Comment

Can someone explain what the difference is, what happens that's different, between the UPDATE and RESTORE buttons in RKBatch Tool? I'm just curious.
              FLHT = Harley
              HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
              Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
                sorted ..........

wasn't that difficult after a bit of surfing - doh!
                I wouldn't mind a clue to point me in the right direction. I've been able to create the backups into seperate .IMG files using several different methods, but I'm still lost on how to put them together to make a file that I can flash back with the RKBatchTool. I also have another tool called "factorytool" which will flash to these. I think I'm just not hitting on the right "term" i need to narrow my searches.

Background: I have (a bunch of) Kocaso M1068 which is a RK3066 device. I have one factory image,and one custom image (made by the factory). But there appears to be some hardware changes since that was made. My older ones re-flash without problem, but my newer ones seem to have a problem with the touchscreen calibration if I try to re-flash my custom ROM onto them. I'm trying to create a factory image from a working new version so I can fix those, then update/re-create my custom ROM. The factory no longer has the "talented individual" to help me.

Thanks.
                Pat

Comment

Let me answer my own question here and document some of the steps I've figured out, hopefully that may help someone else along the way.

As mentioned above, I'm working with three different Lots of RK3066 based tablets (all Kocaso M1068). These were created in 4/2013, 9/2013 & 11/2013, and each has slightly different versions of hardware, and thus have slightly different ROMs. We use these tablets in a proprietary Kiosk type product, built inside a cabinet along with other hardware. In total, I have about 200 of these. These were also available as the Dragon Touch 10 by another company and are mostly identical with a few changes to the ROMs. We had a ROM customized for us by the factory for Lot1, which was our initial purchase. It does not work correctly on the other Lots. One of the main reasons we picked this tablet was because it has an onboard RJ-45 connector.

Onto the process.
                  - The Win drivers that work with this tablet come with many of the RK tools, but the best set is from "Rockchip Driver Assistant"
                  - Generally accessing the tablet via PC works well with ADB and the application "Android Commander".
                  - Put this tablet into Flash mode by holding the -Vol while plugging in the Micro USB.
                  - For Backing up the tablets, I found that "RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows" created the seperate .IMG files quite nicely. It's not hard, just a lot of repeated steps.
                  - There are several tools to manipulate the Image files so you can modify them to your hearts content, I haven't spent too much time with those.
                  - Once you have the seperate IMG files, use "RK3066_IMG_Mod_Tool" to rePack the files into a single IMG. (put them in the /temp folder)
                  - With your newly packed image, use "RKBatchTool" to Restore that image back to your tablet.
                  That completes the Backup and Recovery steps.

Most, if not all of these files should be available here, or easily googled with the quoted names.
                  The Kocaso support page for this tablet also lists a tool called "factorytool.exe" which works very similar to RKBatchTool, but is not as nice. I've used it to flash the custom ROM to the initial 100 tablets I have.

If you've got this tablet, or what you believe is a clone of this, you are welcome to contact me through this site if you need some help. My first comments, however, will point you back the these forums to learn everything you can.

Thanks to everyone here. I may not have asked a lot of questions, but I've read everything I could. Ya'll have done some great work.
                  Pat

Comment

Hi.Thank you for providing huge pile of information about Android.I am a newbie, with minimum knowledge of Android devices.I have questions about re-installing firmware in Amlog s905x,A53, Android 6 TV box.
                    1-What and where should I down load stock firmware. Does stock firmware mean ,a factory default software?
                    2-What Tool must I use ?
                    3-How to make a boot file of this firmware on SD card in a computer and what are steps for installing firmware in AMLOG s905 ?.

Comment

Working...
                    X