untouched ROM from Teclast
    MIRROR
    https://mega.nz/#!4RYGWCiL!RhqeJAxhC...zOqjGIz9NTbykU
    DISCUSSION
    http://bbs.teclast.com/thread-579048-1-1.html

original download
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o8D0LBG passcode 64s6

Happy Flashing to all...
    Last edited by hocuspocus69; 07-12-2016, 02:22.

I bought this one (A8H6) from SPEMALL , it came 4.4.4 (I wanted 5.0 as they show on site) , so I used the ROM you found and upgraded my tablet without backing up IMEI. (BIG MISTAKE) The tablet came on another tablet box (x98) with a wrong sticker with IMEI of X98, so now I can't repair it through MOBILE UNCLE and it is invalid.
    Is it an easy way to calculate IMEI via serial number? Will I find it inside under the battery? I already ask for help from the shop I bought, I hope they can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Headache View Post
      I bought this one (A8H6) from SPEMALL , it came 4.4.4 (I wanted 5.0 as they show on site) , so I used the ROM you found and upgraded my tablet without backing up IMEI. (BIG MISTAKE) The tablet came on another tablet box (x98) with a wrong sticker with IMEI of X98, so now I can't repair it through MOBILE UNCLE and it is invalid.
      Is it an easy way to calculate IMEI via serial number? Will I find it inside under the battery? I already ask for help from the shop I bought, I hope they can help.
      Sorry for your mistake i think if you have logged once in 4.4.4 world with googleGOD you can find your IMEI number somewhere in your google account logged user...i dont know of no way to calculate IMEI code ... GOD luck :-)

Comment

FACTORY RESET will recover original IMEI information? (Backup this updated rom... "turn back" to see the missing IMEI and restore updated afterwards fixing correct IMEI with Mobile Uncle ?) Or this part was ruin with Sp-flash? Thanks for quick response.

Comment

I've understand you loose your imei...if you have used spflash in upgrade mode you don't loose imei but if you have used spflash in format all mode you loose it definitivly...NEVER use format all mode...try your google account maybe

Comment

I try with upgrade mode and it was failing due to partition error, (that was the error code I remember) , I also read a post ( I will check it later to let you know) saying that upgrade mode works on same version upgrade e.g 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 , ver. 5.0 needs full flash, though I am not an expert. I also found this video (link underneath) . You think it will be a good solution? Please advice , thank you for your time

Comment

i think it's right but with random imei number you probably can't use your phone!
              if you have logged once to google service with your tablet you can go https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard
              log into with same email of your tablet account and you can retrieve your lost IMEI number

Comment

I didn't , I was so pissed off because they deliver with 4.4.4 instead of 5.0. 2nd as I realized by the time I lost IMEI the IMEI label was from another phone (also the box was...)
                When I did the sp-flash I knew on the back of my head that I have the label (though I didn't check it first ,like a noob!!!). When I realized that the label was from another phone (x98) I knew I blew it.
                I should have log in Google . Now I know. I also contact them and I contact TECLAST , I told them to track the original box and sent me a copy of the label... But I think of the above solution because from the other hand , who knows who already have my label? Will somebody copy and use ?

Anyway I will inform the forum if I will find a way through this.

Thanks a lot and : Calm Down , Backup it up , RTFM , that's a lesson I learn again !

ps: Any good custom recovery for this rom ?

Comment

IMEI RANDOMIZER didn't work , as expected... SIM ok but no signal, keep on searching and waiting from TECLAST support , I found this post... Section B) is closer to my situation? Using serial number can I download the original IMEI or I understand wrong? Please advice !!
                  Thanks in advance!
                  1. Extract and install Maui META Software. Do not launch the program yet. 2. Switch your phone on and connect it to your PC. Install MediaTek VCOM

Comment

Originally posted by Headache View Post
                    IMEI RANDOMIZER didn't work , as expected... SIM ok but no signal, keep on searching and waiting from TECLAST support , I found this post... Section B) is closer to my situation? Using serial number can I download the original IMEI or I understand wrong? Please advice !!
                    Thanks in advance!
                    This is what i can suggest you better than Chamelephon...but ONLY if you have a valid IMEI but you don't own it...sorry

Comment

Thanks a lot. Tommorow I will contact them again. To see if they found my correct IMEI label. Another thing I notice in MTK tools is that modem reports as not active , suppose this is the normal behavior when your IMEI isn't valid...

Comment

You can try to buy cheapest smartphone and use its IMEI...i don't know but if i find a cheapest under 30 usd i try better if it's broken cheaper you need only an unused real IMEI...i think never try it...it's a bet or try with your x98 IMEI box maybe it was never sold...

Comment

I did that Not working (use the x98 imei) , the phone is something that looks a good idea...
                          Last edited by Headache; 06-01-2016, 22:52.

Comment

hocuspocus69 , after 2+ weeks on chat e-mails e.t.c the support of the Chinese store sent me today morning a link, with S/N writer tool from MTK + small documentation. Since it was mark as internal document, I would like to share with you 1st , and if you think is OK , let the community have it. Also I didn't manage to fix my tablet yet, I am missing something and I need HELPPPPP !!!
                            Could you provide an e-mail , so I can share.
                            I am looking forward for your help !

Comment

Originally posted by hocuspocus69 View Post
                              untouched ROM from Teclast
                              MIRROR
                              https://mega.nz/#!4RYGWCiL!RhqeJAxhC...zOqjGIz9NTbykU
                              DISCUSSION
                              http://bbs.teclast.com/thread-579048-1-1.html

original download
                              http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o8D0LBG passcode 64s6

Happy Flashing to all...
                              Ciao Hocuspocus, volevo chiederti: ho scaricato il file sul computer, come devo procedere per installarlo sul P98? Scusami ma forse ricordi che sono inesperta e non vorrei fare sciocchezze :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X