ROM work for Archos 80 Cobalt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROM work for Archos 80 Cobalt?

I see that Archos is well supported here with it's Arnova range.

They have bought out an Elements series of tabs, including the Cobalt, which has just been on sale in the UK for 49 and has caused quite a stir.

It runs native ICS 4.04.

It's a Rockchip RK3066 based tab, so may be compatible with some other ROM's based on this.

Root has already been achieved and users will now be looking for CWM, Custom ICS and hopefully a JB ROM that Archos have so far not released anything for.
    Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Firmware V2.0.6 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28
    Video Out: 40" 1080p LCD TV-HDMI 1.3
    Audio Out: SPDIF 5.1
    AC: 5v/3a
    In: Stock remote control, Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse
    Powered USB HUB: Multitude of USB pendrive Apps/hard drives 8Gb-1Tb
    Apps: SPMC 14 Beta 2, Kodi 14 RC3, MXPlayer Pro

Agreed. "Help us Finless, you're our only hope" etc.

Comment

I can probably help with that. Do you have any links for the firmware or tab?
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
        I can probably help with that. Do you have any links for the firmware or tab?
        The general specs are here:

http://www.archos.com/products/eleme...try=us&lang=en

Sadly Archos have not posted any firmware in their support area, so not sure how one could be produced unless, and I may well be wrong, CWM could be installed and a backup of the existing ROM could be produced with that.

http://www.archos.com/support/suppor...try=us&lang=en

Comment

OK if we are to work it we will need a ROM Dump, this will require root or some good Linux skills. either way some persistence will be required.

if you have root then see this post for pulling the image using adb

900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

OK if we are to work it we will need a ROM Dump, this will require root or some good Linux skills. either way some persistence will be required.

if you have root then see this post for pulling the image using adb

I am happy to help.

I have mine rooted.

I have a lot of tech experience with PC's in general but not a lot with Linux.

Will happily learn though.

I'll get back when I have looked at that link.

Comment

study the post re adb. We then need to pull update.img if this is good then I can make you a ROM.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

study the post re adb. We then need to pull update.img if this is good then I can make you a ROM.
                No problem.

It looks straightforward enough, so will get the image and post somewhere for you.

Comment

That's about the size of it. I'm in work tomorrow but should be able to look at this over the weekend.

I'll also need to know what is good and what is bad about the current ROM.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

That's about the size of it. I'm in work tomorrow but should be able to look at this over the weekend.

I'll also need to know what is good and what is bad about the current ROM.
                    I'll put together a list from what I have seen people post about their experiences so far.

Comment

Cheers
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Archos 80 Cobalt Owner reporting in.

Have root access to my tablet.

Would love to see custom ROMs for this tablet and JB would be amazing.

Comment

Re: Forum for Archos 80 Cobalt?

Once I have a good update.img I can create a rom for this. Jelly Bean will have to wait until archos release a jb update.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Cheers
                            I've run into an issue.

When executing the command adb push rkdump /data/ it returns

failed to copy 'rkdump' to '/data//rkdump': Permission denied

I'm now researching what can be done to make data available for writing.

Comment

Cheers
                              I installed Rootexplorer and made the root r/w although the command still didn't work.

I was however able to copy the rkdump file to another area of the tab and then copy it using rootexplorer.

When I run the commend chmod 755 /data/rkdump

I receive the error:

Unable to chmod /data/rkdump: Operation not permitted

Now I'm stuck as I can't seem to find a solution to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X