Announcement

Collapse

Microsoft Mail Accounts not Working

Hello,

We like to Inform you, that we can not Send Mailīs to Microsoft Mail Service.
This means User with an E-Mail Account @ Hotmail, Outlook, Live etc. will
not receive any Mails from us.
This is not our fault, we are in Contact with them but so far no Answer.
We will let you know when the Issue is fixed!

Freaktab Admin Team
See more
See less

Universal (general) x86 Linux Support (All manufacturers, New forum request)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal (general) x86 Linux Support (All manufacturers, New forum request)

Is there a sub-forum on FreakTab for normal x86 Linux (Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu etc.) ?

I understand ARM Linux requires specific ROMs in a similar way Android does.

But x86 tablets will boot almost any Linux ISO aimed at desktops and laptops as long as they have a bootx64.efi or bootia32.efi file. With differing support for advanced stuff like wifi, touch and battery sensors. But most tablets from the last few years would share a reasonably small number of drivers that can be added post install. (Eg. The Debian non-free packages for realtek and broadcom fix a bunch of wifi and sound driver issues.)

It would be really helpful if there was a universal x86 Linux forum where Cube, Teclast, Chuwi, Pipo owners can discuss stuff together. (As a solution for a specific Chuwi tablet would often mean a solution for some Teclast and Pipo tables etc.)

I realize I'm new and I don't mean to stand on any toes.
    Last edited by Andrew_NZ; 10-02-2016, 18:45.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Had it open for a while in the main forum.

Comment

Just start a thread in tablets section and go from there as a starter if it escalates easy to move and thread it
      Some Info here to do with Intel media player = box without a screen
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...intel-mini-pcs
      Cheers

tЯeboЯ
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Just start a thread in tablets section and go from there as a starter if it escalates easy to move and thread it
        Some Info here to do with Intel media player = box without a screen
        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...intel-mini-pcs
        Cheers
        Cheers that's some help but it's the battery sensor, accelerometer , camera, touch and wifi that are the tricky drivers. Only the wifi would be covered in those threads.

Comment

No worries, I have passed your request on and will see what we can do,
          Cheers
          tЯeboЯ
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It might make sense to use a bit of both our ideas and just rename the " Intel based TV players " to " x86 Devices "

That covers Intel/AMD Tablets, TV Boxes and PC sticks.

Comment

Working...
            X