Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ad hoc really working with new wpa_supplicant file.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ad hoc really working with new wpa_supplicant file.

    ARE YOU READY>>>>>>> AD HOC IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!

    ok so i have been trying every WPA_Suplicant i could find to get this tablet to see the stinking ad hoc networks. I have have finally found the one that works!

    I found it here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/2868...licant-source/

    the DL link is here http://www.mediafire.com/?qka95kbc52kn7f0

    what i did.

    1. dl the new WPA_suplicant file.
    2. get it to the tablet. (i used drop box)
    3. Turn off WIFI
    4. rename it to wpa_supplicant.new
    5. Copy WPA_Supplicant.new to /system/bin
    6. rename WPA_Supplicant (this is the one that is already there) to WPA_Supplicant.old
    7. Rename WPA_Supplicant.new to WPA_Supplicant
    8.start wifi
    9. start Barnacle Wifi tether (this is the one i use but im sure the others work too)

    BOOOM WORKING AD HOC on the NEXT P7 !!!!

    Please let me know if you cant get the to work and ill try to help the best i can.


    HUGE THANKS to wendal, he is the man that compiled the file!!

  • #2
    Originally Posted by Dochoppy
    Well Fireproof good find! I will include this in the next Rom release...

    Comment


    • #3
      Great job. This forum needs a thanks button .

      Comment


      • #4
        Works! Now to make it easier....

        Works with my WiMo TP2!

        Now...

        With the new supplicant in place, I can still see infrastructure networks. I can even "connect" to them. However, when I attempt to use data, the applications indicate there is no connection. The ad-hoc connection is fine when I turn it back on and re-direct the tablet to it.

        I primarily use infrastructure hot-spots. When none are available, I move to the ad-hoc capability of my phone.

        Do I have to manually switch between the two supplicants to go from infrastructure to ad-hoc and back? Is there a script/application that can do this with one "click"? The slatedroid forum had a post indicating you could switch back to the original supplicant once you had connected to an ad-hoc device for the first time. I had no luck with that. The NB7 can't see ad-hoc networks without the new supplicant.

        I'm almost there...
        Tablet History:
        Pipo M8 Pro (current)
        NextBook W8.1 (sold)
        Asus TF300 (sold)
        Hyundai A7 (sold)
        Nextbook 7" (sold)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tybalt39 View Post
          Works with my WiMo TP2!

          Now...

          With the new supplicant in place, I can still see infrastructure networks. I can even "connect" to them. However, when I attempt to use data, the applications indicate there is no connection. The ad-hoc connection is fine when I turn it back on and re-direct the tablet to it.

          I primarily use infrastructure hot-spots. When none are available, I move to the ad-hoc capability of my phone.

          Do I have to manually switch between the two supplicants to go from infrastructure to ad-hoc and back? Is there a script/application that can do this with one "click"? The slatedroid forum had a post indicating you could switch back to the original supplicant once you had connected to an ad-hoc device for the first time. I had no luck with that. The NB7 can't see ad-hoc networks without the new supplicant.

          I'm almost there...
          Answered this over at the xda site.

          Sent from my next7P using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            So, I'm an id10t. But I'm a HAPPY id10t!

            Don't know why I was having problems before, and because I didn't know what to expect from the supplicant, I assumed the solutions would be complex/difficult. I don't even have to shut down the phone wifi app, just switch networks.

            This tablet is now complete! If this supplicant were to be included in a new ROM, there is nothing of which I can think (although, it's now been proven that I don't always think),that would need to be added to improve basic functionality.

            Thank you Doc, Bob, and Fireproof34 for all of your efforts in getting a locked-down over-achieving eReader to behave like a full-grown tablet!

            I will now shut up and get out of the way of this thread....
            Tablet History:
            Pipo M8 Pro (current)
            NextBook W8.1 (sold)
            Asus TF300 (sold)
            Hyundai A7 (sold)
            Nextbook 7" (sold)

            Comment


            • #7
              Is your WinMo 6.5 phone configured as a Ad-hoc wifi access point ?

              Originally posted by Tybalt39 View Post
              So, I'm an id10t. But I'm a HAPPY id10t!

              Don't know why I was having problems before, and because I didn't know what to expect from the supplicant, I assumed the solutions would be complex/difficult. I don't even have to shut down the phone wifi app, just switch networks.

              This tablet is now complete! If this supplicant were to be included in a new ROM, there is nothing of which I can think (although, it's now been proven that I don't always think),that would need to be added to improve basic functionality.

              Thank you Doc, Bob, and Fireproof34 for all of your efforts in getting a locked-down over-achieving eReader to behave like a full-grown tablet!

              I will now shut up and get out of the way of this thread....
              I've been also trying to tether my Archos G9 running ICS to my WinMo 6.5 (adhoc mode) and have tried various wpa_supplicant files to no avail.

              I'm a little puzzled by the procedure described in post #1 because it seems to be describing enabling the tablet as a adhoc wifi access point using Barnacle. It seems to imply that you want to share the tablets internet connection with another device using the adhoc wifi protocols ?

              What Tybalt39 seems to be describing is tethering the tablet to his winmo 6.5 phone data connection by setting up the phone as an adhoc wifi access point and configuring his tablet to see this adhoc wifi access point. I can't see why you would need to use Barnacle in this scenario?

              If my Archos G9 tablet had a 3G card / dongle installed, I can share it out as an Infratructure Wifi Access point, its built into its flavour of Android. My WinMo 6.5 phone can pick this up. I don't need to hack any system files.

              If someone could clarify it would be very appreciated.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rex_4321 View Post
                I've been also trying to tether my Archos G9 running ICS to my WinMo 6.5 (adhoc mode) and have tried various wpa_supplicant files to no avail.

                I'm a little puzzled by the procedure described in post #1 because it seems to be describing enabling the tablet as a adhoc wifi access point using Barnacle. It seems to imply that you want to share the tablets internet connection with another device using the adhoc wifi protocols ?

                What Tybalt39 seems to be describing is tethering the tablet to his winmo 6.5 phone data connection by setting up the phone as an adhoc wifi access point and configuring his tablet to see this adhoc wifi access point. I can't see why you would need to use Barnacle in this scenario?

                If my Archos G9 tablet had a 3G card / dongle installed, I can share it out as an Infratructure Wifi Access point, its built into its flavour of Android. My WinMo 6.5 phone can pick this up. I don't need to hack any system files.

                If someone could clarify it would be very appreciated.
                The op is describing using youR android based phone as a n ad hoc access point using barnical so that the tablet can recive a 3g connection after changing the wpa file.

                Sent from my NEXT7P using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why tether between 2 androids using adhoc when infrastructure mode is built in ?

                  Originally posted by fireproof34 View Post
                  The op is describing using youR android based phone as a n ad hoc access point using barnical so that the tablet can recive a 3g connection after changing the wpa file.

                  Sent from my NEXT7P using Tapatalk
                  Thanks for the reply.
                  I thought most Android devices supported enabling the device as a wifi hotspot in infrastructure mode ? My issue is that my WinMo 6.5 phone cannot be setup as an infrastructure access point so my archos g9 ICS tablet cannot connect to it as is. It connects fine to devices suich as iphone 4 and others that masqurade as an infrastructure wifi access point. I'm currently looking into setting up my winmo phone with dual boot android to see if I can use the infastructure mode.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    tried this wpa_supplicant.gz file


                    followed the steps in the correct way but when trying to turn on the wifi, i always get "Error"..

                    why?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hellfoot View Post
                      tried this wpa_supplicant.gz file


                      followed the steps in the correct way but when trying to turn on the wifi, i always get "Error"..

                      why?
                      The file is inside the .gz file the gz files is a zip file.

                      Sent from my NEXT7P using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nice work fireproof34!!
                        Please donate to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

                        PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW






                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Fireproof, people are asking me to stick this new wifi file in my new ROMs. Since I have no way to test what this thing does (none of the 3G devices we have allow 3g sharing over wifi), what should people expect? I assume regular wifi will still work OK? Or am I going to break people that have no desire to use adhoc?

                          Bob
                          "Przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости их, ибо не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Atyám, bocsásd meg nekik, mert nem tudják mit cselekszenek!"
                          "Odpusť jim, neboť nevědí, co činí"
                          "Πάτερ άφες αυτοίς, ού γάρ οίδασι τί ποιούσι"
                          "Ojcze, przebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            correct me if i'm wrong in understanding that this wpa_supplicant will allow your tablet to connect to adhoc wifi like joikuspot for symbian..or is it the other way around?

                            kinda confused...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              Fireproof, people are asking me to stick this new wifi file in my new ROMs. Since I have no way to test what this thing does (none of the 3G devices we have allow 3g sharing over wifi), what should people expect? I assume regular wifi will still work OK? Or am I going to break people that have no desire to use adhoc?

                              Bob

                              BOB that is correct. Wifi works as normal. the only difference is adhoc networks now show up when they don't with the normal wpa. you could always just add the new one and rename the old one and have them both sitting there. then all thet we would have to do is change the name of the old one if the new one is not what we want. hope that helps.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X