NX008HD8G BOOT SPLASH SCREEN RESOURCES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NX008HD8G BOOT SPLASH SCREEN RESOURCES

recently rooted my NextBook 8HD thanks to a method outlined by danoverdrive on the amlogic root thread. All well and good, happy with the new access. Was easily able to change the boot animation, ( though finding one the proper dimensions is proving tricky ). What I can't find is where the boot splash screens are stored. You know, the two different boot up static images. One of them is a girl laying in the grass reading a book (I have no idea why it would be a book rather than a tablet), and the second one is a woman who is really digging the music from her big headphones. They are both ridiculous and lame and I just want to change them to even a blank screen rather than have to see those anymore. But, using root explorer I still can't find the two images. Does anyone have any first hand experience changing the boot splash screens?

The Boot splash is inside the Boot. Img. Tho you must edit it there.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Freedom of expression is like the air we breathe, we don't feel it, until people take it away from us.

Please Donate to keep this Site alive.

Comment

Okay, thanks. That sounds dangerous. What are my risks there?

Comment

AW: NX008HD8G BOOT SPLASH SCREEN RESOURCES

Your risk is to find out how to open the Boot. Img change the logo and flash it back.
        Freedom of expression is like the air we breathe, we don't feel it, until people take it away from us.

Please Donate to keep this Site alive.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
          The Boot splash is inside the Boot. Img. Tho you must edit it there.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta
          That's partially true. The first splash screen is part of the bootloader. The second one is /system/media/bootanimation.zip. There is an app in the market that will change it and give you a bunch of choices. I forget what it's called. Otherwise, make or find your own.

Comment

There are actually four items.

The first 2 are identical and located in the logo.img and aml_logo.img

The 3rd is the one in the boot.img

The 4th is the bootanimation.

The bootanimation is the only one that can be changed without creating a custom ROM. There are apps that can change this for you on a rooted tablet.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

Comment

Working...
            X