No announcement yet.

Driver problems pipo m8 pro 3g

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great research mate. I won't be able to do much today as we're going out for the day, but I remember the driver being called USBSTOR.SYS my pc also recognises the device as an m8 pro or mass storage device.

Comment

Originally posted by bokkie View Post
      So what you're saying is that you hqve to disable thr auto driver Installbrhe first time you connect the tablet, as it remembers it I the registry? Makes sense I guess,
      I'm contemplating install XP on an external hdd and trying again.
      Yes. In an ideal world, you wouldn't need to do this - as Windows Update should either have the right drivers, or not find a driver to match to the tablet, at all. But it seems it doesn't always work out that way - and some times this "mismatching" can happen.

Great research mate. I won't be able to do much today as we're going out for the day, but I remember the driver being called USBSTOR.SYS my pc also recognises the device as an m8 pro or mass storage device.
      When you get time, you need to follow the procedure I wrote earlier. You need to do the "Reboot2flash" function first, before checking what driver windows installled etc. Before you do that - when just simply connecting it - the tablet IS in "USB Mass storage device" mode. This is completely normal and correct, and Windows's own driver is used for this. But when you "Reboot2flash" - it goes into "flash mode" which has its own hardware ID, and this is where the RockShip drivers are needed.
      Support your local flasher
      Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

well I tried what you suggested, but I can't get to it before it disapears when after clicking reboot to flash.
        The whole device manger blanks out for a second, and when it returns the device is no longer there.
        I have copied all the details you asked for before clicking reboot to flash which are:
        USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&REV_0222
        USB\VID_2207&PID_0000
        C:\Windows\system32\drivers\USBSTOR.SYS
        Best I can do, sorry mate. It disappears instantaneously.
        In the meanwhile I've ordered a windows xp disk and coa off flea bay.
        When I saw the magic sentence, " you will need to download drivers from manufacturers website as this disk contains no drivers" I couldn't resist.
        I'll have to install it as a virtual machine on my current pc.

Comment

well I tried what you suggested, but I can't get to it before it disapears when after clicking reboot to flash.
          The whole device manger blanks out for a second, and when it returns the device is no longer there.
          I have copied all the details you asked for before clicking reboot to flash which are:
          USB\VID_2207&PID_0000&REV_0222
          USB\VID_2207&PID_0000
          C:\Windows\system32\drivers\USBSTOR.SYS
          Best I can do, sorry mate. It disappears instantaneously.
          In the meanwhile I've ordered a windows xp disk and coa off flea bay.
          When I saw the magic sentence, " you will need to download drivers from manufacturers website as this disk contains no drivers" I couldn't resist.
          I'll have to install it as a virtual machine on my current pc.
          When the tablet is in the mode it is in BEFORE clicking reboot2flash - it IS in USB Mass Storage mode, and that driver is correct for that mode. AFTER you click Reboot2flash - it changes mode. It will disappear from the Device mangager for a few seconds, and then reappear as something else. This "Something else" is what you need to look for. After Reboot2flash, check for anything with RockShip in it, "Unknown Device", or basicly check hardware ID on any suspected units - and look for VID_2207&PID_310B.

Comment

It doesn't reappear. I even gave it a few minutes and it goes bing when it comes out of flash mode, but doesn't reappear in device manger. it only reappears when I start the tablet again which leads back to square one.

Comment

It doesn't reappear. I even gave it a few minutes and it goes bing when it comes out of flash mode, but doesn't reappear in device manger. it only reappears when I start the tablet again which leads back to square one.
              So when you click "reboot2flash", and the Device Manager "refreshes" - NOTHING "new" shows up? I'm not asking you to look for the "USB Mass storage device" again.

Comment

Nope, nothing new shows up.

Comment

Nope, nothing new shows up.
                  Well then I'm not really sure how to help you - if there really is no other devices showing up, then there's nothing to install a driver for. You can try to click reboot2flash, wait 10 seconds - then browse through the driver package till you find the correct folder for your os. Right-click the .INF file, and select install. Beyond that - I dunno...

Comment

Tried that as well but throws up an error. "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation."
                    I'll wait till I get sorted with XP, that should do the trick.

Comment

Tried that as well but throws up an error. "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation."
                      I'll wait till I get sorted with XP, that should do the trick.
                      I hope so. Vista is a PITA regarding pretty much anything USB, and generally not very happy to cooperate with any external device. If it wasn't for its flashy colors - I'd deem it a bigger mistake than Windows ME. Its amazing what you can sell as long as it looks pretty.

Comment

I've only gone and f****ng done it. Bloody hell, what a mission.
                        Got my win xp disk and tried to install on a partition, but kept coming up with an error that It couldn't detect the hard drive.
                        Apparently it's because xp doesn't have sata drivers, which threw me a bit.
                        Tried to change the bios settings, but for some reason my pc wouldn't let me into bios. Another reason I hate my pc!
                        Finally discovered how to sort it, by downloading a program called nlite and the sata driver for xp.
                        nlite then incorporates the driver in with xp chucking out an iso of win xp, with sata driver.
                        Installed xp, had to mess about a bit to install the driver but finally managed to get it after clicking reboot to flash and updating driver from there.
                        Anyway, so Rileyrom 1.7 flashed and having a play.
                        Beer money on the way Riley

Comment

I've only gone and f****ng done it. Bloody hell, what a mission.
                          Got my win xp disk and tried to install on a partition, but kept coming up with an error that It couldn't detect the hard drive.
                          Apparently it's because xp doesn't have sata drivers, which threw me a bit.
                          Tried to change the bios settings, but for some reason my pc wouldn't let me into bios. Another reason I hate my pc!
                          Finally discovered how to sort it, by downloading a program called nlite and the sata driver for xp.
                          nlite then incorporates the driver in with xp chucking out an iso of win xp, with sata driver.
                          Installed xp, had to mess about a bit to install the driver but finally managed to get it after clicking reboot to flash and updating driver from there.
                          Anyway, so Rileyrom 1.7 flashed and having a play.
                          Beer money on the way Riley
                          Glad you finally managed to work it out A shame it had to be so much work, but hopefully it was worth it in the end.

Yeah, SATA wasn't around, atleast not native drivers - when XP came along - so no SATA drivers there. XP iso should have an option to load SCSI drivers by clicking F3 when the bottom bar said so - maybe sata drivers could be loaded the same way? Its speculation as I have not tried it. Otherwise its making a bundled iso with drivers as you did, or enabling sata through bios.

Comment

Lol. This doesn't end for me. Now neither my windows xp or vista pc will recognise it as a mass storage device. meaning I can't do usb transfer for ebooks, movies, etc.
                            It won't install the rockusb drivers and when I tell it to install it's own drivers it finds nothing.
                            I can flash to my hearts content but can't enable usb mode on the tab.

Comment

The main cause of that is if USB debugging is on. You might check that.
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

It's off. Double and triple checked but still won't recognise it as mass storage device and won't have the rockchip drivers either.
                                Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X