Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.5

This ROM is based on the Pipo firmware dated 6/1/13.

They released both a wifi only version and a 3G version. I have ROM's posted for each version in the download page linked below.

Update: I fixed some problems with the 3G version on 6/13...it is now 1.5a

This ROM is:
    Rooted
    Debloated (to remove all apps that require a password to run)
    Init.d support
    Busybox links added
    Google Play Store fixes
    Parameter files for 2, 4, 6 and 8 gig user app space
    Tattman65 boot graphics
    Reboot app from Petrus
    CWM Recovery by Fun

Thanks to 900Supersport for the use of his flash kit.

Just follow the readme file for instructions.

Here is the link to the download page:

Download

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught he process:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 11:52 AM.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
    Donate here

Hi,

i want to flash 1.5 FW right now, but today my device has become unuseable so I cannot even restart. Freezes and hangs all the time. Right now I got a "Freeze" that touch is not working. How can I manually reset the device, without destroying the back cover and removing the batteries? :-)
    Another thing. Can we directly flash from CWM? Or is RKTool installation via usb required, like the first time?

Comment

Just no way to manually reset device, nothing working. Tried pressing power button for 10+ seconds. Combining with ESC and menu key. What is the secred forced reboot Combo?
      Anyway, after ~20 minutes it rebooted by itself
      I flashed 1.5 firmware. First thing I noticed was that buttom menu bar is darker AND that flickerring on the right side of 'house' home button is gone! Nice, pipo! And of course, nice Randy

Where can we find Pipos changelog?

Comment

Any news on DRM certs? Netflix is a must-have on this for me, so being kept back on old ROMs is less than ideal.
        Support your local flasher
        Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Hmm there is something strange. Latest FW was 0518, I have tested both stock and RileyRom based on same Firmware. 0518 was a chinese release Firmware. Now 0530 english FW is out. This should be the same FW as 0518 only english Version. I've got the feeling I just installed the same fw again, though menu bar appeance is definitly not the same.
          I need a changelog in the future. Flashing without changelog does not make much sense IMHO

PS: on pipos website, netflix support ist the only comment on latest english 0530 fw....

Comment

Where on their website do you see a change log...so far I haven't been able to find one. Google translate doesn't translate everything.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
            Donate here

Comment

??? I did not say that I saw a changelog I am searching for one, actually.

There is just about nothing info on each firmware. On English version of pipos site:

M8pro software_english version_android 4.2#115
              support netfix
              http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Ab...an_show&id=100

Comment

That is why I don't provide change logs.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.5

I installed the Xposed Netflix fix before I found out that the supposed change in this firmware was to fix Netflix.

Has anyone tested Netflix without applying the Xposed fix?

If not...ill reflash and check it.

Sent from my M8 pro
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Sorry, I am not using netflix and dont know what exactly to do with it
                    But I can test a little bit, just tell me what...

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.5

If you don't have a Netflix account don't worry. Ill just reflash and test before I add that fix.

Some were saying the the screen flickered on past ROMS. I'm not seeing a flicker this time.

Sent from my M8 pro
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Yes, I had flickering problem. But it went away after a few minutes/reboots. New 0530/1.5 firmware flickered, too. At least on my device But my home button drawing bug/issue is gone...

Comment

I just took a screenshot of the new Homescreen, which has a screenshot of old homescreen opened within.
                          You can see that the buttom menu bar ist thinner and less visble, now. Also, the home button is not flickering, but you cant see the latter in the picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	0ac64abdb251af2871896d27a968dab3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1990

Comment

For those of you who have a 3G version of the M8 Pro, I have made a ROM using the latest firmware for the 3G. Follow the same link above to the download page.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Thanks Riley.

Can anyone please tell me if I need to root before installing Riley's firmware? I can't find instructions anywhere on how to root or install CWM. I am on the last 4.2.2 Pipo English update (the one before 1st June). I would really appreciate any help. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X