Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.7 with SDK 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Pipo M9 Max 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.7 with SDK 2.0

    Then either they're taking their sweet good time - or they have other issues with the wifi only firmware. Or, its out - we just don't know it yet
    Support your local flasher
    Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

    Comment


    • #32
      Thanks randy and pr0xZen. I have the sandisk class 4 32GB, which was said to have one of the best random read/write speed so I'd like to test this. I've also found some apps at the play store which seems able to do this swap

      Comment


      • #33
        A class 4 card is HIGHLY unlikely to come near the write speeds of the internal memory. Whoever told you this, told you long ago or plainly lied to you.

        These Move-2-SD applications work with some apps/games, but far from all. Use at own risk.
        Support your local flasher
        Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
          A class 4 card is HIGHLY unlikely to come near the write speeds of the internal memory. Whoever told you this, told you long ago or plainly lied to you.

          These Move-2-SD applications work with some apps/games, but far from all. Use at own risk.
          Well, I don't know about that, by my antutu sd card score is always higher when I choose external sd instead of internal. I guess I'll see for myself when I get the time to try this.
          About the app, I was thinking of trying this one: Root External 2 Internal SD ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5pbnQyZXh0Il0. ) Anyone tried that before?

          Comment


          • #35
            http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5034/aidw.png



            screenshot from Pipo page on Facebook

            Comment


            • #36
              Goos to hear I've been exchanging some emails with her - nice to put a face to the name
              Support your local flasher
              Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

              Comment


              • #37
                glad I could help and to have contributed in my small

                PS: Would you be able to make a Android Paranoid or CyanogenMod porting for Pipo M9?
                they seem interesting and light ROMs.
                you can do something about it or it would be impossible?
                Last edited by bugmenot@dispostable.com; 07-06-2013, 06:37 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  successfully installed Riley Rom 1.7 but have a flickering display issue. Am going to try version 1.6. How do I access the CWM?

                  P.S. - The flickering only occurs when I reduce brightness past - say- 30%. Could this be ROM related? Never noticed with stock rom but maybe I hadn't set brightness as low...
                  Last edited by santini; 07-07-2013, 03:22 PM. Reason: more information

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If you flash to a different ROM, you need to reflash CWM. It is the exact same CWM in both ROM's.

                    I haven't played with it, so I don't know for sure what might be causing your flickering. I noticed flickering on my M8 Pro after I flashed my first ROM. But subsequent ROM's fixed it. I haven't tried SDK 2.0 yet on the M8 Pro, because I still don't have possession of my new replacement yet. It is likely a firmware issue. It might take several releases to get the kernel just right again. I'm sure the firmware developers are learning just as we are.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Thanks, for your continued support. Funds are low right now for new projects, so your help is greatly appreciated.
                    Donate here

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      2.0 sdk

                      Actually it was me who asked that to jen. Lol hey riley! In the stock rom i can manually turn off wireless display. In your 1.5 rom i cant. But when i turn off the wifi it automatically turns off. Just concernced a little because it might be eating my battery.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        If you flash to a different ROM, you need to reflash CWM. It is the exact same CWM in both ROM's.

                        I haven't played with it, so I don't know for sure what might be causing your flickering. I noticed flickering on my M8 Pro after I flashed my first ROM. But subsequent ROM's fixed it. I haven't tried SDK 2.0 yet on the M8 Pro, because I still don't have possession of my new replacement yet. It is likely a firmware issue. It might take several releases to get the kernel just right again. I'm sure the firmware developers are learning just as we are.
                        I'm having slight to moderate flickering too, on the latest (sdk2.0) roms. It isn't constant, and some times toggling the screen on/off removes it. I usually run my tablet at ~75% brightness - and the flickering is most predominant during "overlay" situations (high brightness/focus on something on a part of the screen, and the rest of the screen is dimmed down). In these situations, only the "dimmed down" area flickers. I theorize that they might not have nailed it completely yet - atleast with different brightness levels on different areas of the screen simultaniously. The new SDK most definitely has some tweaks to the GPU, and that most likely needs adaptation to Pipos display controller (SoCs only has a GPU "processor", display controller is an auxilliary component - mostly.)
                        Support your local flasher
                        Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          went back to Riley Rom 1.6. I usually set brightness manually. With 1.6, the flickering only occurs if brightness is set to under 20 or 25% (which is probably why I didn't notice it in stock Rom). With version 1.7, I noticed it with brightness at about 35 or 40%...
                          I'll be sticking with version 1.6 for the time being.
                          To flash to 1.6, I had to use the RKAndroidTool, as I just don't know the key combination to go into CWM/recovery mode... how do you guys do it?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by santini View Post
                            went back to Riley Rom 1.6. I usually set brightness manually. With 1.6, the flickering only occurs if brightness is set to under 20 or 25% (which is probably why I didn't notice it in stock Rom). With version 1.7, I noticed it with brightness at about 35 or 40%...
                            I'll be sticking with version 1.6 for the time being.
                            To flash to 1.6, I had to use the RKAndroidTool, as I just don't know the key combination to go into CWM/recovery mode... how do you guys do it?
                            If CWM is there, boot by holding POWER + ESC. The buttons are the same "volume togglers" as usual, but Pipo remapped them to do other things in Android (ESC & MENU). You can also use the Reboot app.

                            I advice against attempting to flash RileyROM through CWM. The RileyROM releases are designed to be flashed through RK Android Tool.
                            Support your local flasher
                            Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Guys, when I went from riley rom 1.7 to 1.6 due to flickering issues, all I did was flash the new rom using the rkandroidtool. I didn't use cwm to flash or wipe data at all. Now I'm worried as I read a tutorial and discovered that I eventually skipped several steps. Everything seems to be ok (apart from flickering if brightness is lower than 25%) but do you think I should reinstall the rom following all the recommended steps in cwm?
                              Also I screwed up messing around with superSU and unrooted the tablet. SuperSU is no longer installed. Does this mean that I can no longer access cwm?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                If your rom is working fine operation-wize, there's no reason why you should reflash because you didn't follow those steps. The tutorial instructs a "safe route to your destination", but that doesn't mean its the only possible way to get there
                                I'm not really sure what to say about the flickering. I have experienced some flickering, but it has been more random, and hasn't been of the same "nature" as your reports.
                                Support your local flasher
                                Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X