Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaroid PTAB7XC Ice-Cream Sandwich Tablet (Google Play Needed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thebigred67 View Post
    Yeah I know. I tried to pick up the hotspot on my computer too, no go. I think it is the phone, one more thing to check. Wife has the same phone. I can't sign into that hotspot either.
    if your phone's an android u might be able to download a wifi tether app from google play. lots of them have free versios so u don't have to pay for it until u find one that works

Comment

• Originally posted by elektrik View Post
      if your phone's an android u might be able to download a wifi tether app from google play. lots of them have free versios so u don't have to pay for it until u find one that works
      I figured out why it won't do a tether to the phone. The tablet doesn't have 3G capability. I haven't found any "wifi" apps that use wifi and not 3G.

BTW I can't find the accept third party apps thingy. Is it not needed on rooted tablet?

Comment

• The tether app is for your phone which does have 3g to share that connection over WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by matt View Post
          The tether app is for your phone which does have 3g to share that connection over WiFi.

Yes and so far all I have found are tethering apps that create a 3G hotspot.

Comment

• Yer phone co. may be blocking the apps from showing on Google play.
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi

Comment

Yer phone co. may be blocking the apps from showing on Google play.
              https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi

Thanks, tried it and it said, "Failed to activate WiFi."?

Comment

• You might be better served with a forum for your phone and service. If you don't see it here, try xda.

Comment

You might be better served with a forum for your phone and service. If you don't see it here, try xda.

Thanks, I am looking into that as well.

Comment

• A Few Questions...

Originally posted by thebigred67 View Post
                    Wow!!! Thanks so much! This one seems to run even faster and zero issues with Playstore!
                    Hey guys, I have been away from this thread, but it was a big help when I first got my PTAB7XC and so I have now returned seeking some more help. I have few questions...I have never flashed anything before but am encouraged by what I have read about speed and play working.

I looked at the link for 703C and there are two things
                    1. PMID703C V 0.41 (ICS) which is listed as "NEW" and
                    2. PMID703C V 0.31 (ICS) which is listed as "Stable"

Which one did you use with such great results? I just follow the southerntelcom instructions listed except for the few changes at step 17 an so on?

Also, do you know if this or if there is a true fix to the SD card not being read as external memory because right now I still have the same roughly 4 Gigs, partitioned into 2 gigs of Internal and another 1 Gig of Internal Memory, I have an 32 Gig SD card that shows 29.7 gigs available, but when I send things "to SD Card" it only goes to the 2 gig of internal memory. Any help/answer on this question would be helpful. I read in some other threads but did not find clear solution.

Thanks again to a great community.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewTabGuy View Post
                      Hey guys, I have been away from this thread, but it was a big help when I first got my PTAB7XC and so I have now returned seeking some more help. I have few questions...I have never flashed anything before but am encouraged by what I have read about speed and play working.

I looked at the link for 703C and there are two things
                      1. PMID703C V 0.41 (ICS) which is listed as "NEW" and
                      2. PMID703C V 0.31 (ICS) which is listed as "Stable"

Which one did you use with such great results? I just follow the southerntelcom instructions listed except for the few changes at step 17 an so on?

Also, do you know if this or if there is a true fix to the SD card not being read as external memory because right now I still have the same roughly 4 Gigs, partitioned into 2 gigs of Internal and another 1 Gig of Internal Memory, I have an 32 Gig SD card that shows 29.7 gigs available, but when I send things "to SD Card" it only goes to the 2 gig of internal memory. Any help/answer on this question would be helpful. I read in some other threads but did not find clear solution.

Thanks again to a great community.
                      There are lots of threads explaining how to swap the internal/external sd card. As for 'new' vs 'stable'. It's just that. The only ROMS I consider 'unstable' are the ones in the 'experimental' heading heh. I have 0.41 on my tablet right now and it runs fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                        There are lots of threads explaining how to swap the internal/external sd card..
                        So your rom does not fix this correct? I just want to make sure I understand that after I would put this ROM on there, I would still have to do the swap thing with the internal/external SD card thing? Base on your expert opinion is there one process you would recommend or did do with your set up? I have read some of the threads and most applaud SingleDad's fix listed in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?672-How-Do-I-Easily-Move-Apps-to-External-Micro-SD-card-on-the-PMID701C/page2

renegade4dio mentioned at the end of that thread that he was swapping mount point and associated label and it lost me. I am still a pretty novice tablet guy who wants to get the most out of my tablet but worried about going out into deep water and getting a brick or not being savvy enough to get it back to where I have it now. I am sorry to bother, am willing to try stuff, just a little anxious I guess. Any guidance that you could share I would value and appreciate, if/when you have time.

Thanks again

Comment

• Haha it's ok to be nervous-I think everyone is when they start tweaking their devices for the first time. First, I would investigate how to flash the stockbimage. Flash it a few times on your device until you feel comfortable, then flash the 703 ROM. Now, to answer your questions-no, this tablet is fairly unbrickable-do your worst. Second, my ROM doesn't 'fix' the internal/external sd card, because I don't view it as a 'bug'. Now, I will say that you should keep searching these forums-it's actually somewhat painless to switch the sd cards, and I think you've probably found the most complicated thread addressing it hehe.
                          Originally posted by NewTabGuy View Post
                          So your rom does not fix this correct? I just want to make sure I understand that after I would put this ROM on there, I would still have to do the swap thing with the internal/external SD card thing? Base on your expert opinion is there one process you would recommend or did do with your set up? I have read some of the threads and most applaud SingleDad's fix listed in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?672-How-Do-I-Easily-Move-Apps-to-External-Micro-SD-card-on-the-PMID701C/page2

renegade4dio mentioned at the end of that thread that he was swapping mount point and associated label and it lost me. I am still a pretty novice tablet guy who wants to get the most out of my tablet but worried about going out into deep water and getting a brick or not being savvy enough to get it back to where I have it now. I am sorry to bother, am willing to try stuff, just a little anxious I guess. Any guidance that you could share I would value and appreciate, if/when you have time.

Thanks again

Comment

• I know this is a really old thread but I still have one of these dinosaur tablets & considering it still works, I've decided to just let 4y/o niece have it for games & videos. My problem is the Google Play store not being loaded & I'm sorry but I don't understand how to even begin following those instructions that are posted here. Like where do I even begin? Where do I go to load those"apk" files? Obviously I'm no computer/device geek, actually I'm kinda clueless but I most certainly can follow directions if they were a little more in depth & catered to the less knoweledgable folks like myself if anyone could assist me I would really appreciate it. Tia

Comment

• Originally posted by Steevee33 View Post
                              I know this is a really old thread but I still have one of these dinosaur tablets & considering it still works, I've decided to just let 4y/o niece have it for games & videos. My problem is the Google Play store not being loaded & I'm sorry but I don't understand how to even begin following those instructions that are posted here. Like where do I even begin? Where do I go to load those"apk" files? Obviously I'm no computer/device geek, actually I'm kinda clueless but I most certainly can follow directions if they were a little more in depth & catered to the less knoweledgable folks like myself if anyone could assist me I would really appreciate it. Tia
                              hey.luckily for you, i'm still active here. I'll try to scare up the flashing instrutcions

Comment

Working...
                              X