Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [ROM] PMID4311 / EM543 - new version 20130101

Originally posted by Hoverbored1234 View Post
    I have the Polaroid PMID4311, but I can't get the drivers to install (I'm using Windows XP if it helps). When I try to open LivSuite.exe, I get an error mesage that says "Install the driver fail! The program will exit!" How do I get the drivers to install? Without it, LiveSuite doesn't recognize the device.

Also, should I turn on USB storage, or should the tablet be turned off?
    With LiveSuit, the tablets should be off normally. On my 701c I have to have it off and disconnected until after I chosen the ROM. Then I have to hold the menu button while I connect it to the USB

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
      With LiveSuit, the tablets should be off normally. On my 701c I have to have it off and disconnected until after I chosen the ROM. Then I have to hold the menu button while I connect it to the USB

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk 2
      Thanks, I got through the issue I was having! As soon as I exchange the thing (the power button broke) I'll be in business! Thanks again!

Comment

I see that this ROM addresses battery drain in sleep mode. Can anyone confirm this? Does it improve/slow battery drain or eliminate the issue altogether? How quickly does the battery drain in standby with this ROM - hours? days? with WiFi? without?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiDAD View Post
          I see that this ROM addresses battery drain in sleep mode. Can anyone confirm this? Does it improve/slow battery drain or eliminate the issue altogether? How quickly does the battery drain in standby with this ROM - hours? days? with WiFi? without?
          This blog post has some things to say about battery life: http://outskirtsofobscurity.blogspot...-big-lots.html .

Also, TheRedBaron told me that the wi-fi can drain the battery in 2-3 hours if left on, although my tablet has lasted quite a bit longer, more like 3-4 hours. With wifi off, it lasts much longer.

Comment

I am really interested in standby battery drain. Assuming WiFi is turned off, how long will this tablet hold a charge in standby? The links above describe active use scenarios. I am wondering about standby.

Comment

It might be dependent on the apps you're running. On my 701i x10 if I don't clear the recent apps list it can drain in several hours. If I do clear, it can last days. I recommend wakelock detector to find what apps are at fault. Disable all auto sync as well. In Google currents, locale, etc. If installed.

Look at the partial wakelocks, a full wakelock will turn on the display.

And yes, Androids do dream of electric sheep.

Comment

I know from past experience with cheap China tablets and Android ebook readers that apps can indeed cause waking resulting in unexpected drain. On my Nexus 7 however, this never seems to happen, so it must be possible to avoid.

The ROM poster said that the issue has been addressed with this ROM - just wondering to what extent it prevents these wake lock events from occurring.

Comment

Help! How do I restore the factory ROM after my device is running this ROM? When I open LiveSuite and connect USB, Windows now says its an unrecognized device. Do I need to use CWM at this point? Will the factory ROM work via CWM or are LiveSuite and CWM ROM .img files different?

Please let me know. I don't want to brick it.

Thanks!

Comment

Will this rom work well on my PMID 4311 or will I have problems and have to revert back to stock? Just wondering as I'd hate to put it on there and then it doesn't work right and I can't get my tablet back to how it was.
                    Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

I was able to successfully restore the Factory ROM from the Emerson support site using LiveSuite after rebooting my laptop. After doing that I copied the latest vending.apk from my Nexus 7 to the /system/app folder and installed it. Now its back to 4.0.4 with Google Play Store. Performance is good and most of my apps - purchased and free work great! Great little tablet for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiDAD View Post
                        Help! How do I restore the factory ROM after my device is running this ROM? When I open LiveSuite and connect USB, Windows now says its an unrecognized device. Do I need to use CWM at this point? Will the factory ROM work via CWM or are LiveSuite and CWM ROM .img files different?
                        Make sure the tab is off when you plug it in. Try tapping the power button as soon as you plug it in; you should get a dialogue box in LiveSuite; say yes until the update starts. If that doesn't work; try turning it off, then plugging it in while holding the back button. You can download the stock firmware from the Polaroid website, as others have stated. Search for the blog "Outskirts of Obscurity," there's a post there about flashing CM10 onto the device and installing CWM.

Comment

Can OP describe how he went about porting to the 4311? I would like to be able to keep up to date (even more so considering the recient master key issue), but I am not really sure how to do it.

I am not a coder, but have set up my own kernel for my *nix box, so is it just simple setting up the kernel to support it, or did you write some patches? Is it something I could do?

Comment

I read that Jellybean does not support flash. So am I better off to keep ICS on my pmid4311 instead of installing the Jellybean version on here? Just wondering before I try that and then get no flash or the Jellybean doesn't work as well as the ICS.
                            Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
                              I read that Jellybean does not support flash. So am I better off to keep ICS on my pmid4311 instead of installing the Jellybean version on here? Just wondering before I try that and then get no flash or the Jellybean doesn't work as well as the ICS.
                              Flash works fine with Jelly Bean on my Le Pan S. I haven't updated my 4311 so no guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
                                I have this version installed, as well as flash. It works fine, in that I have had no issues. I have used it to stream a few shows, as well as often listen to shoutcast, with no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X