Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Whats new in 188.8.131.52:
- Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
- Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
- Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
- Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
- Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
- Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
- Add system read only option more details below (Dees_Troy)
- Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
- Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
- Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)
Whats new in 184.108.40.206:
- Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
- Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
- Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
- Keyboard improvements (_that)
- Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
- Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
- Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
- Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
- Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
- Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
- Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
- Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
- Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)
Whats new in 220.127.116.11:
- Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the themes resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screens resolution
- Backups can now be cancelled while the backup is in progress (does not include restore because we dont want to leave your device in a bad state)
- Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
- Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
- Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
- Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
- USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
- Other small fixes and improvements
You can know more about TWRP in here.
All credits should go to Dees Troy and all TeamWin members.
I just compile their sources.
- Download your image and rename to recovery.img
- Copy the image to your External SD, and boot while pressing the reset button. On TWRP screen select install->images pick recovery.img
- adb shell 'dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery ;sync;sync'
On booting to TWRP you might get a screen with stripes, or fill with one colour. Just wait around 3 seconds that TWRP curtain will show.
Last Sync ->18/07/2015
New on 18.104.22.168 version
- Backup of Data will backup InternalSD also, it will only skip TWRP and Downloads folder from internalSD.
- Backup/Restore functions are not compatible with previous versions
- There will be no entry in backup menu for internalSD
- On restore it will NOT wipe internalSD, but overwrite it. So anything newer/different than the backup will be maintained. Wipe internal storage if any issues arise.
- Fixed problem with 0 size and/or not showing partitions.
- There's 2 variants now due to HW revisions, check this post to choose
*** POSTS ASKING IF X IMAGE WORKS ON X DEVICE WILL BE IGNORE ***
I'm loosing count of images that i have and which ones work on what device, so here's all images from version 22.214.171.124 on wards.
And if you like it so much to the point that you want to buy me a beer.