Announcement

Collapse

BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE FREAKTAB GIVEAWAY

Yet Time for an nother Big Giveaway!
This thime with 3 BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE.
Got here to Enter the Game:
http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...aktab-giveaway
See more
See less

Solution for stuck in Android load AML8726-MX Dual Core TV Box Android 4.2.2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello guys! i'm new here., so i went and upgrade my jynxbox m6 with finless_room., at first all went bad but i manage to get it back to life,my question is any idea how we can get a room to android 4.2 here's all the info from my box
    model number-------------------------------------jynxbox m6
    Uboot version-------------------------------------78f8fd7-dirty(20140118.112722)
    Kernel version-------------------------------------3.0.8-g525c782luoj@ubt124)525c782(20130805.095414)
    Build number-------------------------------------V1.03.04.MX01_20140325

Comment

• any new firmware for Amlogic AML8726-MX ? Mine stuck at loading. Links on previous pages for firmware or openelec are not vaolid any more.

Can anyone help?

Comment

• need to know your android model!!! so we can help you!!!

Comment

• Hi To All!!!
          I have diaotec mx tv box G18REF and it is bricked(no toothpick option)
          I use usb burning tool .img file and the other tool with recources.zip
          but i have not the correct firmware.
          all this tools connects to my pc succesfully.
          Please can you send me the correct firmware(for this tools) to unbrick my
          pc?
          Can you help me please?
          Thank you very very much!!!

Comment

• BenniBenassi,

Any chance you can repost these two files:

FILE: mx2-boot-recovery.zip
            FILE: mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by khikho View Post
              BenniBenassi,

Any chance you can repost these two files:

FILE: mx2-boot-recovery.zip
              FILE: mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip

Thanks
              http://forums.cablecutters.com/matri...eshooting.html hope that helps

Comment

• Hi all.
                I need some help if possible. Im after firmware for a fresh install for my android box
                Mx2 g18ref. Generic E- M6. The box has power to it but my tv screen is staying blue. I can't get the box to boot into recovery.
                My device looks like this. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.
                Last edited by Flashaholic; 11-20-2016, 06:23.

Comment

• Hey, not sure if this is still a relevant topic, but I may have a fix for some people who cannot boot into android/recovery, and also see no video output.

This was only tested on board HD18 V2.21 but I'm assuming should work for other similar ones.

The trick is to:

>Get BenniBenassi's SD card image and get it on an SD card (from post #11 in this thread)
                  >Take apart box
                  >Insert SD into the SD slot
                  >Hold the reset button using a screwdriver/pin\
                  >Find your NAND memory on the motherboard (not sure if it's the same for all boxes, mine is a Micron 29f32g08cbaca)
                  >Short the 7th and 8th pins using a metal screwdriver and plugging in the power while doing this

I was able to get to the recovery screen and install firmware, something I was unable to do with any previous method.

Comment

• Originally posted by testerman250 View Post
                    Hey, not sure if this is still a relevant topic, but I may have a fix for some people who cannot boot into android/recovery, and also see no video output.

This was only tested on board HD18 V2.21 but I'm assuming should work for other similar ones.

The trick is to:

>Get BenniBenassi's SD card image and get it on an SD card (from post #11 in this thread)
                    >Take apart box
                    >Find your NAND memory on the motherboard (not sure if it's the same for all boxes, mine is a Micron 29f32g08cbaca)
                    >Short the 7th and 8th pins using a metal screwdriver and plugging in the power while doing this

I was able to get to the recovery screen and install firmware, something I was unable to do with any previous method.

Will give this this a try. Would u know if there's a twrp for this box?

Comment

• Originally posted by testerman250 View Post
                      Hey, not sure if this is still a relevant topic, but I may have a fix for some people who cannot boot into android/recovery, and also see no video output.

The trick is to:

>Take apart box

I have the same problem i cant get it into recovery mode, even i have no hdmi signal nothing only the blue led.
                      Can you explain exactly how i can do it what pins?, my board is HD18 V2.22 and ill find my nand allready.

Edit: I tried several ways but no result.
                      How long should i short the pins and how long it must i press the reset button, after a minute nothing still no signal so no menu.

Edit: there are a few houers gone and now ill have it in recovery mode, with the boot file.
                      what should i do next.
                      Last edited by mbwdekeijzer; 12-21-2016, 17:40.

Comment

• S812_M8(8bit) stack and not work please help me to provide usb stock rom

Comment

• I can't get the box to boot into recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatfreddiescat View Post

It would be great if you could replicate what I did and was able to document it more clearly for others to try.

I used my Windows 8.1 x64 laptops SDcard slot (realtek chipset) to make the SDcard with 'SDcardMaker_eng' (run as administrator).

Here are the links to the USB to Serial adapter and driver I used it with:

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/261697350956?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.prolific.com.tw/UserFiles...0_20140925.zip

The laptop I used to connect to the MX2 via the UART using the above adapter was a IBM T30 running WINXP and PUTTY:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

Baud Rate set to 115200, NOT the default 9600,or you will just get a load of garbage on the screen.

There are no drivers specifically needed to connect to the MX2, the USB serial adapter sorts that out and putty is used to display the output.

To connect to the MX2 UART, the square pad is ground, the one next to it is power (do not connect anything to it) and the other 2 are the Tx and Rx pads, try swapping these two around if no joy.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Edit: PS when my box was showing the ethernet looping looking for a response in putty the box would not respond to the reset button during boot or show output on HDMI but I could communicate via console if I rebooted the box and pressed enter on tyhe laptop when the box said to, so as to stop it booting any further and allow me to send commands to the box. This is when I sent the command to 'nand erase whole'

The image file I used to finally get it up and running was the one posted earlier in this thread by the OP BenniBenassi, so a big thanks to him and all others that posted useful info on here and slatedroid forum as well as androidgadget forum.
                            Hi, thanks for the post. Can you tell me how to setup up putty to connect to the box (what options do I select as the connection method) Also does the box have to be powered on or just connected with USB UART? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenniBenassi View Post
                              I have found a solution how to repair being stuck in Android loader screen:

AM6 Amlogic AML8726-MX Dual Core TV Box Android 4.2.2
                              g18ref board
                              1gb memory
                              8gb APP space

Download one of the roms suitable to and modify the factory_update_param.aml file
                              It will clean up the system and it boots normally.

The aml file will have to look like this (replace XXXXXXXXXX with package name):

--wipe_data
                              --wipe_cache
                              --wipe_media
                              --update_package=/sdcard/XXXXXXXXXX

And the solution to install G-BOX MX2 branded and encrypted ROM to generic MediaBox MX OEM is also available if anyone cares.

I realize this post is quite old, but I am in need of your help.

Comment

• Hello every one my name Jimyon, I would like to know if have to put the HDD raw into the SDcard or download it to the desktop of the computer and open it from the computer and use the extract file matricom 1.1.5 put it to the sdcard I'm total computer this one I do not understand how to use it at all. please help.

Comment

Working...
                                X