Bricked Prometheus - and proven unbrick method

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong topic.
    Last edited by john3voltas; 10-07-2013, 02:45. Reason: Sorry, posted in wrong topic.
    Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
    Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
    Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
    XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

• Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Also I plan to decompile the sdcardwriter windows APP and translate the damn thing so it makes sense to people.

Bob
      Just found this thread. I had already translated that "damn thing".
      Here: http://yadi.sk/d/LsRKxIj6CRpvY
      Yet Another Universal ADB Driver Package - fast and easy installer for Windows
      The tools and packages I've put together...
      Stock firmwares for Ainol Crystal dual-core
      Stock firmwares for Ainol Crystal 2 quad-core
      Actions Semi tools for ATM70XX

Comment

• The above is the Amlogic's SDcard​Maker...

I've collected some other (hopefully not needed)
        sdcard making stuff here: http://yadi.sk/d/EmAwhjIJCS3dZ
        Yet Another Universal ADB Driver Package - fast and easy installer for Windows
        The tools and packages I've put together...
        Stock firmwares for Ainol Crystal dual-core
        Stock firmwares for Ainol Crystal 2 quad-core
        Actions Semi tools for ATM70XX

Comment

• Originally posted by cxz View Post
          The above is the Amlogic's SDcard​Maker...

I've collected some other (hopefully not needed)
          sdcard making stuff here: http://yadi.sk/d/EmAwhjIJCS3dZ

I have the same problem with another device (Bluetimes MX5). I found everything I need (fw, SDCardmaker, pins which need to be bricked) but there's still one thing which is unclear:

When SDcardmaker is finished there's a message: "Cannot find u-boot..." which is the same in Chinese version (I suppose). Is this ok, should it finished this way or something else needs to be done?

Comment

• The u-boot.bin file must be in the same directory as the sdcard maker tool. It has a bug that it cant find it if it is not in the same directory.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

• Originally posted by Finless View Post
              The u-boot.bin file must be in the same directory as the sdcard maker tool. It has a bug that it cant find it if it is not in the same directory.

Bob
              Thanks Finless!!! It works!

Unfortunately, I cannot make my device alive no matter what procedure to try.

Comment

• UnBricked Tronsmart

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                Thanks Finless!!! It works!

Unfortunately, I cannot make my device alive no matter what procedure to try.

I was successful in the MX5 boot from SDcard.
                I'm having a problem that can not copy the file to the SDcard to conduct recover it
                MX5 stood at boot screen

Comment

• bob you my friend are a legend

i actually came across this long time ago once before and found that it worked for me and i totally forgot about it till i saw you post it. this flashing u-boot to sd does work for all the boxes and firmwares like my Prometheus (g18ref) or my chinese clone g-box mx2 (g18ref) can i use the u-boot of a rom regardless of new mtd or old mtd not mixing roms between the two i assume these two might have different hardware like wifi but just mixing roms between new and old. the reason i am asking is because i flashed my mx box with matricom 1.1.5 firmware and ever since i did that i cannot go in to the recovery by pressing hold the reset button i can only do it by selecting update local and choose rom and the box reboots itself and goes into recovery. but it wont install most mx F/W. i am sorry for such a long question but thanks in advance for any help freaktab.

Comment

• also

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    I just unbricked mine! So I know how to do it as long as it is a soft or hard brick. If it is a deep hard brick, I have not learned to do that which requires shorting NAND pins.

I will do a write up on how to do it but basically I followed these instructions:

http://adityagilra.blogspot.com/2013...dmei-e8hd.html

Do not download any of those ROMs The key for me was to use u-boot.bin from the Prometheus ROM and write it to SD card as explained using DD. Then create the fat32 parition as explained and copy over the update files.

I then insterted the SDcard and held the reset pin and powered on. A few secondsd later the blue LED went back to blinking 3 times like it should. That means it booted off sdcard and wrote it to NAND!

Then I powered off as it did not seem to want to update from this odd formatted sdcard. But at least u-boot was back in NAND. So I then reformatted the SDcard using Windows normally and copied over the update files. Did the usual reset hole and power on and was back in business.

Now tip... Some of you wont have a linux install. Well the easy way to do this is to install Virtual Box and install Ubuntu into a VM. It's super easy. After that install the Extensions and now you can talk to SDcards, etc.

Again later I will do a full unbrick write up when I get some time.

Bob

also guys dont get freaked out when you see a small 78MB fat32 partition after you flashed the uboot to your sd it is normal to see a small fat32 partition all you have to do is delete it and create a new fat32 partition starting from 500MB and ending at 1500MB so your left a 1000MB fat32 file system in between two empty slots dam i soud of taken some screen shots. then all you do is copy over everything to that fat32 file system including the uboot that you used to flash that sd card with.

Comment

• You have to have the correct u-boot for your device. That is the entire point of bricking and unbricking. A hard brick is because you flashed the wrong u-boot! So no, you cannot use another u-boot unless it is compatible with your device.

Bob

Comment

• sorry i messed it up

You have to have the correct u-boot for your device. That is the entire point of bricking and unbricking. A hard brick is because you flashed the wrong u-boot! So no, you cannot use another u-boot unless it is compatible with your device.

Bob

what i meant was when i install a newer 4.2.2 F/W on mx2 (g18ref) it wont let me go back and install an older firmware it says esert fail or something. or iam just really lost bob what makes Matricom F/W any different to the F/W that mx2 came with is there anything different with mtd or boot partition thanks

Comment

• The Assert failed message is not because of u-boot. It is in the updater-script file in the ZIP. Most ROM's at the beginning check build.prop for a version, device, etc. If it does not match or is different in some way, then the update script gives this error. It is easy to remove by editing the updater-script but you also have to know how to make and sign the ZIP file again after editing it! Please don't ask me how to do it, there are tools and instructions all over the internet for how. You will need to do your homework and study. Sorry but I don't have time to mod every ZIP out there for people.

Bob

Comment

• thanks bob

i would like to learn a lot things and howto's but some times i just need a nudge in the right direction thats all i understand you dont have time for everything and that people have to put in some sort of an effort which people dont they just want to click two things and whoolaaa. like in your last comment you talked about zip signing and script editing because you talked about it now i know at least where to start. thanks bob

Comment

• sd card

The u-boot.bin file must be in the same directory as the sdcard maker tool. It has a bug that it cant find it if it is not in the same directory.

Bob

hey bob i can do the sd card thingi within windows. you dont need virtualbox or vmware or ubuntu all you need is two apps mini tools partition wizard http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

and win32diskimager http://sourceforge.net/projects/win3...atest/download

all you do is install mini tool partition wizard then using the win32diskimager select your uboot.bin file (you may need to click on see all files to be able to see the file because by default it only shows .img and .iso files) then select the right drive which ever one is your sdcard then click on write. once thats done open up partition app click on your device if there is a small fat32 file system delete it and create a new fat32 file system starting from 500MB and ending on 1500MB soo your fat32 file system will be 1000MB and there will be a empty space on front and behind the your fat32 file system. thats normal dont think you did something wrong then open up your new fat32 F/S and copy over everything thats in your update folder as you would in a normal upgrade. when thats done click on eject for your drive and take out your sdcard and stick it in your box now while holding the reset button plugin your power and wait. depending on your device you may need to wait a little longer as i did with my Prometheus when compared to mx2 box your screen may be pitch black you will see nothing for a while then out of nowhere you will see the upgrade process. you may get an error at the end but dont worry just reboot and thats it enjoy.

Comment

• MBX Box G18/MX2
                                • Title: MBX Box G18/MX2
                                • Listed: 03/28/2014 5:08 am
                                • ROM Version: ROM Android 4.2.2

this is the original rom that came with my mx2 box i really dont know what to call it so i just say mx2 some people call it g-box some matricom mx2. and below is the link for it Enjoy people.

http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/up.../03/Box-MX.rar

Comment

Working...
                                X