Announcement

Collapse

BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE FREAKTAB GIVEAWAY

Yet Time for an nother Big Giveaway!
This thime with 3 BEELINK AP34 ULTIMATE.
Got here to Enter the Game:
http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...aktab-giveaway
See more
See less

create /dev/block/env on x8-h with probox2-ex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create /dev/block/env on x8-h with probox2-ex

Hi, Iam new to this forums, I see you guys did a great work here. I have a problem and need some help. I just installed the PROBOX2-EX firmware on my x8-h. it works great. Iam just having an issue that after I enable the CEC and set the screen position and turn off the tv the settings I changed dont persist. so I have to set the CEC and the screen position every time I turn on the tv, which sucks.

looking at the logcat, i see the process systemcontrol is trying to read the setting from the /dev/block/env device and it fails because of a CRC error, the /dev/block/env on my device is empty, fdisk says no partition table.

has anyone came across similar issue? what the type of this device should be? can anyone share the details of the /dev/block/env from a probox device?

thank you

Nevermind got it sorted out!

Comment

What was the resolution?
      Video Out: 48" 4K LED Smart TV-HDMI 2.0. Audio Out: SPDIF 5.1/Arc return HDMI to Phillips Soundbar. Stock remote control, Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse. Logitech K400R Plus.
      Chuwi HiBox, ASRock Beebox N3150 (W10/Intel VAAPI with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server) dual boot. NexSmart D32, MXIII-G II

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        What was the resolution?
        I ended up patching the systemcontrol binary to bypass the CRC check. the systemcontrol then started to save the settings in the env partition. dirty fix, but works. why the uboot doesnt populate the env partition is a mystery to me.

btw, the screen position settings persist across reboots, but the CEC still goes off after the reboot, there seems to be another issue with CEC. Will try to look at it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure that this may help others with the same issue in the future.
          Video Out: 48" 4K LED Smart TV-HDMI 2.0. Audio Out: SPDIF 5.1/Arc return HDMI to Phillips Soundbar. Stock remote control, Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse. Logitech K400R Plus.
          Chuwi HiBox, ASRock Beebox N3150 (W10/Intel VAAPI with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server) dual boot. NexSmart D32, MXIII-G II

Comment

Working...
          X