Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 Plus DVB-S2/T2 Firmware question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jazziac View Post
    Is it a firmware for k1 plus with dvb S2/T2?
    The "Default KI_PLUS_DTV-ota-20161107.195841.V1031P3.zip" is. The one from Russia, I still need to understand how and what... The details to install is so sketchy that I can not fully understand how to run this (OpenElec)...
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

    Comment


    • #17
      Well,i have updated with this one and all is o.k for mebut i'm with android...the only"new thing"for me is the power vu function added in the hidden menu...it's not a revolution...i've got a link for you but it's in french about librelec https://prodvb.blogspot.fr/?m=1

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by erbas View Post
        Default KI_PLUS_DTV-ota-20161107.195841.V1031P3.zip
        Original factory firmware.
        PowerVU

        Updated link: https://yadi.sk/d/abmq0HP_yGVH5

        Detail unzip the zip and put only these 3 files below in the pen drive or SD card for installation:
        KI_PLUS_DTV-ota-20161107.195841.V1031P3.zip
        factory_update_param.aml
        recovery.img

        Note: Fat32 format.

        To update preserving apk data and settings.
        Follow the steps mentioned here by editing the file: factory_update_param.aml

        After downloading the zip file open it and find the file: factory_update_param.aml You have to edit it with text editor Notepad +++

        Model of the same:
        -wipe_data -
        -wipe_cache -
        -wipe_media -
        -update_package = / sdcard / KI_PLUS_DTVota20161025.104046.V1031P3.zip

        Remove the two lines by looking like this:
        -wipe_cache -
        -update_package = / sdcard / KI_PLUS_DTV-ota-20161025.104046.V1031P3.zip

        Save and copy by replacing the original to the sd card or pen driver, all your data and settings will be saved. After the installation restarts it to return the original settings.

        More details: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=730111&st=3680






















        Hello dear
        I wanted to update for power vu keys can you please write detailed method of flashing with help of usb or give a link
        Thanks in advance

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi cyber7,
          I recently sent you a private message re help for your K1 Plus unroot tutorial linked in the first page.
          I am trying to copy your text using the app you suggested.
          When using my remote to type in the words needed to unroot it, how do I move the text from the end of the 1st line, to then type the 2nd line.
          I have..
          mount -o remount rw,/system

          typed on the top line, but how do I move the curser to type in the 2nd line..
          cd/system/app

          If I type in the 1st line and hit return, I then get an error message saying "Mount: Permission Denied"

          Can anyone help me please?

          Thanks

          Comment


          • #20
            Sorry, John. I decided about a year ago to let all of my TV Boxes (Google Unsupported) go. The thing is they are not working as they should and if I remember, the first message in this post has a link to the supplier. Best to ask them. You could also mo123 for assistance. Other than that, cut your losses and get a supported device like the "MI Box"...
            kind regards
            cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
            http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Thank you.
              I have tried Acemax before, and their simple reply was

              pls try this method
              https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...droid-3646379/

              I like the box, but just can't follow the directions.

              Thanks anyhow, as so far, your's was the only post on the whole net, that I could find saying how to do it, after searching days/weeks in vain.

              Cheers again



              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by viewer View Post
                Thank you.
                I have tried Acemax before, and their simple reply was

                pls try this method
                https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...droid-3646379/

                I like the box, but just can't follow the directions.

                Thanks anyhow, as so far, your's was the only post on the whole net, that I could find saying how to do it, after searching days/weeks in vain.

                Cheers again


                You must press enter after typing each line to unroot.
                If you get permission denied then you haven't given the terminal app any root permissions from the supersu app.
                Also make sure you type 'su' to get root permission to access the system partition or use the Root Explorer app to delete the root files after granting it root access.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Thanks mo123...I shall try again in the morning, and report back.

                  Thanks for replying so quickly, I do appreciate it greatly.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hi,

                    Help still please?
                    I ran Terminal app again, and allowed it to have usage to supersu app at all times.

                    When I start, I get the line appear...
                    u0_a68@ki_plus:/ # and curser
                    After curser I enter su I then press ENTER

                    I then have the line
                    root@ki_plus:/ # the curser is ready, and I add this text
                    mount -o remount rw, /system
                    I then press ENTER

                    I then get
                    mount: Permission denied
                    255lroot@ki_plus:/#

                    It keeps doing this

                    Am I entering the data in the right way with the spaces, the -, the o etc?

                    When I check the root with Root Check, it says
                    K1 PLUS is rooted
                    Superuser management app eu.chainfire.supersu 2.82

                    Root check details
                    BINARY /system/bin/su
                    VERSION 16 com.koushikdutta.superuser
                    PERMISSIONS-rwsr-sr-x(6755)
                    ADB ROOT Enabled
                    SELINUX Disabled
                    GOOGLE SAFETY NTE Failed Check

                    Is there something I am doing incorrectly PLEASE?

                    Thank you

                    Last edited by viewer; 06-06-2018, 19:59. Reason: line format

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      ok...I changed some of the spacings about, using these
                      start up says
                      u0_a68@ki_plus:/ # and curser
                      After curser I enter su I then press ENTER
                      I then have the line
                      root@ki_plus:/ #
                      I then enter
                      mount -o remount,rw system
                      I get
                      Usage: mount {-r} {-w} {-o options} {-t type} device directory
                      1Iroot@ki_plus:/ #

                      I then type
                      cd /system/app/
                      Press ENTER
                      It then showed

                      root@ki_plus:/system/app #
                      I then entered
                      mv Superuser.. and pressed ENTER
                      It replied with

                      usage: mz {-fiv} source target
                      mv {-fiv} source... directory
                      1Iroot@ki_plus:/system/app #


                      I then rebooted

                      Root Check still reports it rooted, and the app that says it won't work due to it saying it is a rooted device, still fails with the rooted device message.

                      Not sure what I am doing wrong....is the last instruction, where it says to add the two dots .. after entering mv Superuser.. the correct way perhaps?

                      THANKS...it is driving me crazy...
                      Last edited by viewer; 06-06-2018, 21:25.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by viewer View Post
                        ok...I changed some of the spacings about, using these
                        start up says
                        u0_a68@ki_plus:/ # and curser
                        After curser I enter su I then press ENTER
                        I then have the line
                        root@ki_plus:/ #
                        I then enter
                        mount -o remount,rw system
                        I get
                        Usage: mount {-r} {-w} {-o options} {-t type} device directory
                        1Iroot@ki_plus:/ #

                        I then type
                        cd /system/app/
                        Press ENTER
                        It then showed

                        root@ki_plus:/system/app #
                        I then entered
                        mv Superuser.. and pressed ENTER
                        It replied with

                        usage: mz {-fiv} source target
                        mv {-fiv} source... directory
                        1Iroot@ki_plus:/system/app #


                        I then rebooted

                        Root Check still reports it rooted, and the app that says it won't work due to it saying it is a rooted device, still fails with the rooted device message.

                        Not sure what I am doing wrong....is the last instruction, where it says to add the two dots .. after entering Superuser.. the correct way perhaps?

                        THANKS...it is driving me crazy...
                        Just root again or install Supersu.
                        Then after being rooted, just 'Complete Unroot' from Supersu's Settings.
                        Maybe that helps to also remove su, daemonsu from the /system/xbin or /system/bin folder.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by mo123 View Post

                          Just root again or install Supersu.
                          Then after being rooted, just 'Complete Unroot' from Supersu's Settings.
                          Maybe that helps to also remove su, daemonsu from the /system/xbin or /system/bin folder.
                          Thanks for the quick reply again.

                          I have tried the above root method about 6 times, and it always says it is still rooted.

                          I installed SuperSu Free v2.82, but it reports on the main screen " SU Binary occupied.

                          Grrrr.....any more hints

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by viewer View Post

                            Thanks for the quick reply again.

                            I have tried the above root method about 6 times, and it always says it is still rooted.

                            I installed SuperSu Free v2.82, but it reports on the main screen " SU Binary occupied.

                            Grrrr.....any more hints
                            You can ask the manufacturer for an unrooted firmware but there is a very good change you will receive no feedback.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Thanks for the reply, sorry have been unwell and bed ridden for a few days. Acemax or Videostrong have nothing to offer other than the firmware that came with the box.

                              To think, all I want to do is run a valid app from the google store...does this factory rooting become a problem like this on many devices, as it was only adding the app that brought it to my attention?

                              How indeed, would the ordinary user be able to ascertain whether a box was pre rooted at all?

                              The other thing, that as far as I can see, many android boxes seem to use the same type firmware on many boxes other than what is on the K1 Plus, so one may have assumed people would have stumbled onto this same root problem, well before me? Or do they just give up, and buy another box, hoping it is not rooted?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Thanks, I have an update.

                                I went back to this previous info link posted...https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...droid-3646379/

                                From here, I got to a section I have come across before, where it said "
                                " SU Binary occupied"

                                I googled as usual, and found this
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jA8os4qHq4

                                I slowly moved my way through the steps, which involved deleting SuperSu, getting rid of old components of SuperSu, installing a new Supersu, Updating SuperSu.

                                I did not get through it the way it was intended, as sometimes the timing screen went beyond the 5 min recommended wait periods, meaning a reboot and restart, and go again.

                                Eventually I got the all loaded correctly / installed or whatever, and I ran Root Check.

                                It now reported in red Not Rooted.

                                I went to the app that gave me the "Rooted Device/No Play" message, and the app played.

                                This time though, the app said an update was available YES/Later....I selected "LATER"

                                I ran the app, it now works perfect.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X