Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for youtube 4 k if you dont need youtube 4 k then use others
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Need for youtube 4 k if you dont need youtube 4 k then use others
      Thank you scooter2014

Comment

• Don't know about 4k YouTube, but 2k (2160p) is perfectly possible with the non-ATV YouTube app on my adapted Megandanz rom. Don't see why it wouldn't do full 4k if my monitor supported that.

Comment

• Just tested a YouTube video on my year old X9 (Amlogic S905x) and it is showing 3840x2160 /60p on my Samsung 4K TV. I am running SuperCeleron's [ROM] Mini M8S II/ Mini MX3 II and Others SCV1A-ATV (Android TV).

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• Originally posted by Medosofts View Post

Thank you for your help, I will try to re-read the post from the beginning, but I have a question about L1 DRM, what is the disadvantage of losing this L1 DRM . Thank you ag
            ain for your help.
            You will lose Netflix 720p if you do!
            youtube 4k as nothing to do with L1

Comment

• Is anyone getting Netflix 720p right now on the stock rom with Level 1? I didn't, for sure, only 720x480, which is what I get now.

Comment

• Originally posted by superceleron View Post

You will lose Netflix 720p if you do!
                youtube 4k as nothing to do with L1
                That is interesting, I will test Netflix when I receive my box. I don't know how it is done, but they have created a Netflix port for the LibreELEC OS that runs 720P, and I am using it now.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• Well i did test on the S905D rom(is the same as this one....) and it is working 720p, this tested in the US flix with the flix test paterns so i know it was 720p!
                  But i cant vouch for this one... since i dont have here to test, im only telling what i did see on another mecool device that uses the exacly same sdk(ye 1 sdk can be used for 3 different chips s905x s905d and s912)

Comment

• Originally posted by superceleron
                    Well i did test on the S905D rom(is the same as this one....) and it is working 720p, this tested in the US flix with the flix test paterns so i know it was 720p!
                    But i cant vouch for this one... since i dont have here to test, im only telling what i did see on another mecool device that uses the exacly same sdk(ye 1 sdk can be used for 3 different chips s905x s905d and s912)
                    I await your 'perfect' rom for this Donkey..

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

• Quick tip for anyone installing the Magendanz ATV rom: to avoid a (minor) error with USB Burning Tool, press "Start" BEFORE connecting via USB.

Comment

• Hopefully we get a ATV rom that keeps Widevine Level 1 intact!!! With so many S905x devices released I cannot believe how bad this stock ROM is..

Comment

• At 31 dollars i wasnt expecting much lol
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            At 31 dollars i wasnt expecting much lol
                            Thats after the voucher I paid same price. However normal price is between $40 and $50 ..I have see twenty something dollar devices with better performance...lol...Once again Freaktab Devs save another generic device...

Comment

• Yes every device most crap firmware if not for all the freaktab devs all would be useless...

Comment

• I bought this box whilst it was on offer for use as a bedroom tv kodi box for my son (mostly just media playback of my own stuff from a NAS) I noticed the pre-install media player is based on Kodi 17.1 (has a different name) - does anyone know if it's their own special/tweaked version of Kodi (to take advantage of some amlogic/box feature) or can I update it to stock Kodi 17.3 without losing any special functionality?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X