No announcement yet.

Tanix TX3 MINI - Amlogic S905W (New SoC) - Android 7.1.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..maybe it is better with the update-as I use a FHD Monitor via hdmi-dvi-cable I have no option to test a switch of the hdmis..when I switch to vga the sound via AV on an '80s amp mutes for a second(if playing), but the box stays in the state it is/was for me.. What happens if you switch the cec on??

Comment

• Originally posted by huaak View Post

How did you try to install the rom when the error occurred-did you flash via prepared sd-card, or from PC with USB A - USB A cable? Which OS, which version of softwaretool? Did you try it again and is the error reproducible?!
      I used the USB Burning tool 2.0.8 with a USB A to A cable

Comment

• Originally posted by IntegraMark View Post

I used the USB Burning tool 2.0.8 with a USB A to A cable
        I can report the error to the engineers, but they will need the full log record.
        Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

• TANIX TX3 MINI FIRMWARE RELEASED

Version 20171107

Download here:

Attached Files

Comment

• Changelog:

1. Updated google playstore
            2. Chromecast upport
            3. iOS 11 airplay support

Comment

• Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
              TANIX TX3 MINI FIRMWARE RELEASED

Version 20171107
              As the Tanix-Site says I'm already registered, it seems I have to wait 'til I get the direct link, or is somewhere the link to mega(as they used it before)? Is there a changelog? What are the diferences?..okay, the changelog was posted, while writing..

Comment

• Is there a way to get also an updateable zip from tanix-guys?!

Comment

• Originally posted by huaak View Post

As the Tanix-Site says I'm already registered, it seems I have to wait 'til I get the direct link, or is somewhere the link to mega(as they used it before)? Is there a changelog? What are the diferences?..okay, the changelog was posted, while writing..
                  I think the lists are a little long, it can take some minutes...

I will ask about .ZIP file as soon as I can

Comment

• Some problems I encountered thus far with the TX3 mini:

Wired mouse works, but it sometimes has trouble registering clicks in the standard UI / Launcher;

If, for instance, I want to uninstall an app and go into the menu's to do so I can't always click the 'ok' or 'cancel' to confirm the uninstall.

Sometimes it will work other times I have to go back a few steps and try again.

Tried with different mouses.

When I use the remote it does work immediately.

It's also a shame that the mouse click can't be registered as a touch action;

The box is capable of playing a lot of games, but touch games just don't work with a mouse (for example Angry Birds Evolution).

But this is more of an Android limitation I guess.

The box can play 1080p, but even if you put the resolution on 1080p in the launchers settings, the desktop and Kodi UI still remain 720p with no way to change them. (look in Kodi, you can't change resolution past 720p in settings).

What also is a shame -but again, that's more of a general Android problem- is that PS3 controllers can't be made to work on Android 7xx, the sixaxis app just doesn't work.

Another thing.....

Some games, like Pokémon Duel, won't even load, they just get stuck on the loading screen.

And another.....

Scaling isn't great for Portrait mode games, games like Final Fantasy Fantasy XV are unplayable.

Last thing.....

Why didn't they choose for a simpler firmware update method, it's a shame that there is no online update or usb update available.

Comment

• I agree with Webslinger : The box can play 1080p, but even if you put the resolution on 1080p in the launchers settings, the desktop and Kodi UI still remain 720p with no way to change them. (look in Kodi, you can't change resolution past 720p in settings).

Comment

• I agree, that there are some little issues with that box, but I think it isn't helpful to complain about general Android issues here. Okay, the UI is just 720p, but if you got 1080p videos they are shown as 1080p and that is what counts I think?! I rather play video or listen to music(with blanked screen) than staring hours on the homescreen!? If you are that bothered of this try to find the settings in kodi config and change the resolution, or buy a Box with more Power and surely a higher price. I think it could be really worse-tanix cares and releases new Firmwares, the box runs stable with all cores(some use just one of 4/8 cores) and it works perfect as mediabox.
                        The point with the Firmware is truely a bit annoying, but standard for many of those cheap TV boxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Webslinger View Post
                          Wired mouse works, but it sometimes has trouble registering clicks in the standard UI / Launcher;

If, for instance, I want to uninstall an app and go into the menu's to do so I can't always click the 'ok' or 'cancel' to confirm the uninstall.

Sometimes it will work other times I have to go back a few steps and try again.

Tried with different mouses.

When I use the remote it does work immediately.
                          With the Wireless Keyboard and the wired mouse before I didn't have those clicking issues, but I was confused as the right click works as back and I have to press the menu button on Remote or keyboard..

Comment

• To be clear, my previous post was not ment as a full on complaint, but more a list of things I experienced when using the box, I am well aware that some things are not firmware related and will probably not be solved with a firmware upgrade. Although the whole 720p thing has me confused, because it's logical to me that if Kodi can't be set to 1080p, 1080p movies won't play in 1080p either. Or am I wrong? Is it just the UI that is 720p? Again this is not clear. Other things, like games not loading or scaling not implemented correctly are firmware related, I think, just like the mouse click problem. The other things I wrote is also a sort of an invite to people; If you know a solution to any of the mentioned problems, please post them.

Comment

• So far I know 1080p videocontent is played as 1080p and just the ui (and maybe some games too) are restricted to 720p to prevent performance problems with the weaker hardware (compared to 905x or 912 for example).
                              Maybe your mouseproblem results from the focus on the wrong object activated from the remote, and you have to click once in an suitable area to proceed with the uninstall via mouse? I dont know how often you face that problem, but instead of fiddling around with the mouse, take directly the remote for this step?
                              Are you sure the s905w meets the specs for the games which reject a start?!..the CPU isn't that powerful and kodi/videoplay works mostly from the power of gpu..

Sure, if anyone solves any issues, it will (hopefiully) be posted here!

Comment

• In my experience most games load even on lower hardware, but there will be performance issues. That it won't even go beyond the loading screen is not normal, indicating a problem. I also discovered that not all games like ethernet; even though there is a internet connection, those games say there isn't one and won't work. Would be nice if the ethernet could be 'disguised' as a WiFi connection. But I must say that a lot of games do run quite well, games like Gardenscapes, Homescapes, Candy Crush, Castle Creeps, Alien Creeps, Bee Brillian Blast, Eternium and many more play without a hiccup, even with proper mouse support. I can use the remote instead of the mouse, that's what I have been doing, like I said, just sharing my experiences.

Comment

Working...
                                X