• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter here and see

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-hardware-mods

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
      Thanks.

Does anyone know where the reset button is ? I wanna try LibreELEC on TX3 mini but I don't know where the reset button is located.

Comment

Originally posted by hillz View Post

Thanks.

Does anyone know where the reset button is ? I wanna try LibreELEC on TX3 mini but I don't know where the reset button is located.
        It's that tiny hole on the bottom.
        You've to use a toothpick or something similar to hit the button inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ConteZero View Post

It's that tiny hole on the bottom.
          You've to use a toothpick or something similar to hit the button inside.
          Thanks, the hole is too small, I had to open the case just to press the reset button. Anyway is there a way to install chromium on this LibreELEC build?

Comment

Originally posted by hillz View Post

Thanks, the hole is too small, I had to open the case just to press the reset button. Anyway is there a way to install chromium on this LibreELEC build?
            Actually I don't know.
            There's only one way to know for certain: try.
            If it isn't working you can try reverting to ARMbian + Kodi (but I'm having some trouble with that).

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Not tested sleep etc mine is either On or Off but have a look, might just need a bit of a memory flush.
              To fix the Enter issue locate Generic.kl

/system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
              with a text editor change line 28
              from DPAD_CENTER
              to ENTER, save file
              restart all should be normal well Enter should work like Enter

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	672824Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170924-124131.png
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	672825Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170924-092438.png
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	672827Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170924-092426.png
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	672828

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170924-124614.png
Size:	468.5 KB
ID:	672826

More testing today....
              Much Better rom than previous ROM
              Installed fresh Kodi 17.4 ok as with Plex and Youtube with a few hours Music Vid's
              Installed Netflix looks OK

Does show in a 720p Viewport on my 1080p TV looks good and yes it's not 1080p so this may not be for everyone.
              How do you change the icon of the mouse?

Thanks

Comment

An Option in Developers I recall.
                tЯeboЯ
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab
                Tip: Google is your best friend, Use Google to search Freaktab.
                In Google Search type site:freaktab.com ****, Replace **** with what you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by howardo View Post
                  guess the best way is to order directly from tanix-box?
                  or does anyone know reputable sellers that won't sell me a clone/fake?
                  I ordered from geekbuying

Comment

Originally posted by Txemoto View Post

How do you change the icon of the mouse?

Thanks
                    Sorry wrong place, it's in Accessibility
                    tЯeboЯ
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab
                    Tip: Google is your best friend, Use Google to search Freaktab.
                    In Google Search type site:freaktab.com ****, Replace **** with what you seek.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConteZero View Post
                      FYI: I successfully ran latest LibreELEC ( LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.9.img ) on that box using gxl_p212_2g dtb (I do have the 2GB RAM version).

Direct link to LibreELEC image : http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/8...2-8.1.9.img.gz
                      Direct link to DTB : http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/d...xl_p212_2g.dtb
                      Etcher download page : https://etcher.io/

* Use etcher to write LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.9.img.gz to microSD.
                      * Rename gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img.
                      * Overwrite the original dtb.img inside your microSD.
                      * Put the microsd in your UNPOWERED Tanix TX3 mini.
                      * Press and keep pressed the reset button inside the hole on the botton while plugging the power cable.
                      * LibreElec should do some work (booting, rebooting... stuff) and then you'll be inside LibreELEC's wizard.

The catch is: if you power/boot your TX3 mini with that microSD inserted you'll run LibreElec otherwise you'll boot straight to Android.

PRO so far:
                      * LibreELEC works!

CONS so far:
                      * no wifi.
                      * front LCD struck with "BOOT".

NOTES:
                      * up to 2160p @30Hz.

Here you can see the boot dmesg: https://pastebin.com/ejHZE7C0 (what's that empty USB3 root usb hub it shows?)

IMPRESSIONS:
                      At the end of the day this AMlogic 905W seems just another 905X flavor (a little tweaked one), it runs and act like the older brother and only lacks some features.
                      Tanix box is good for what it is (kudos to Javimetal for the slick case); it isn't exactly a "low end" or "budget" "chipset" STB, it's a S905 for people that doesn't need 4K.
                      Lacks of wi-fi support was expected, I hope it will be fixed but it isn't exactly deal-breaking.
                      works wifi LibreELEChttp://www.****.com/itm/Mini-USB-2-0-802-11n-150Mbps-Wifi-Network-Adapter-for-Windows-Linux-PC-/112536083818?hash=item1a33ac5d6a:g:XXYAAOSw0QFXB2X D
                      http://www.****.com/itm/Mini-USB-2-0...YAAOSw0QFXB2XD

Comment

• Right now I'm having mixed feelings with that box.
                        I was able to put emulationstation within Kodi (and it's working great) but something is definitely broken (or gelded) with 4K.
                        Sometimes you play something (with resolution switching) and everything goes black (solution: SSH, kill and restart).

This box is definitely worth... if you don't have a 4K display.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConteZero View Post
                          Right now I'm having mixed feelings with that box.
                          I was able to put emulationstation within Kodi (and it's working great) but something is definitely broken (or gelded) with 4K.
                          Sometimes you play something (with resolution switching) and everything goes black (solution: SSH, kill and restart).

This box is definitely worth... if you don't have a 4K display.
                          Hi, how you added emulation station to Kodi ? Do you have any web page with tutorial ? Is it real emulationstation or clean retroarch ?

Comment

• Hi all.. have this box and all is good, except it is not able to keep up with running de-interlace of 1080i live TV streams with kodi/tvheadend. Anyone know if this is just sheer lack of hardware power, or a driver issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by draxd View Post

Hi, how you added emulation station to Kodi ? Do you have any web page with tutorial ? Is it real emulationstation or clean retroarch ?
                              Pretty easy thing to do, you can find everything here:
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-s905x-devices

Executables works with S905W.

Comment

• Originally posted by mizts View Post
                                Hi all.. have this box and all is good, except it is not able to keep up with running de-interlace of 1080i live TV streams with kodi/tvheadend. Anyone know if this is just sheer lack of hardware power, or a driver issue?
                                This box is capped at 720p display size so what's the use of streaming at higher quality?

Comment

Working...
                                X