Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q box s905x clone! bricked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Q box s905x clone! bricked

    hi all , never posted before but have read this forum for about 4 years, its helped me out many a time and a big thanks to everyone who contributes .
    normally i brick something, come here have a good read and problem solved.

    this though is turning into a nightmare, after receiving box from a well known auction site, box started freezing mouse pointer would freeze on screen etc, no problem go to freak tab and see what custom if/or availabel for device.

    run spec device and cpuz- board alledgedly p212-g wifi broadcomm 4329/30 ap. 2g/16g

    also noted the firmware in about box, and had the image file downloaded from china gadget reviews.

    read the custom roms in s905x section, and after lots of reading notice someone had managed on a q box s905x to flash the xannytech xtmod 2.8 rom.

    so this is what i proceeded to do, the usual 2% fail. romcodeddr/usbcontrolsetuperror
    eventually it flashed 100%,

    but wouldnt boot, i may have unchecked erase boot, in a " try anything scenario, anyhow bluelight of death no dice on av slot recovery pin poke either.

    ,

    so screws out box apart, locate chip short pins,
    no mention or stamp of p212_g and the wifi chip is ap6330

    and then stamped on board 905x_QBOX_DDR4-20161223.V1.3
    SO PROCEEDED to short pins,
    load up backup firmware from china gadgets failed at 2%,oops wrong firmware but now i suspect a clone,
    after further searching the net, not many s905x ddr4 firmwares in existence,as ive come to conclusion its the ddr4 bit , which is why i get the usb control setup error, wrong rom

    in the meantime contact seller of auction site who is on holiday till wedsneday , but will be in touch to get me stock rom.
    so after 2 weeks off trying various files, im wondering if anyone here as had this clone box and unbricked it,
    the closest i got was a mxq pro plus ddr4 firmware v.8 ( i think) which got to 4% but failed on identify error,
    ive used about 6 different versions of burning tool,
    but am 100% convinced its the ddr4,

    tried all the different methods of usb burn tool, but conclusion wrong firmware, ive recovered bricks before with burn tool, so not a novice on that.

    not even sure now if this is a s905x as the writing on the nand chip is so faded its unreadable, so maybe dealing with a different device, regarding what the stamp says on the board.

    anyhow if anyone hasa clue, it would be good to revive this or its getting binned, i think im needeing a ddr4 rom 2g/16g s905x( if its a s905x)

    ill put some photos up, thanks for your help,

    claret


    p.s cant upload pictures as they exceed 2mb, managed a different phone heres the board

  • #2
    Have you tried the SD card method of flashing using the Burn card maker?
    MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

    Comment


    • #3
      hi mate, thanks for reply, in the early days about 2 weeks ago I created the bootable SD card, from China gadgets firmware for this box, but it was before I opened box so the firmware was ddr3, is there anything on the board which identity's it as a s905x ?
      I know its stamped with it, the band chip , nand * is unreadable ?
      and the SD card nothing happened, ?

      Comment


      • #4
        From what I can see from some research, it's either an S905x or S905.

        If in a position that you are unable to run android on the box right now, the one definitive way to identify the SOC would be to remove the heatsink to see what is underneath, although due care and attention is of course required.
        MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

        Comment


        • #5
          cheers, how do I remove heatsink?

          Comment


          • #6
            Probably best to search for some practical generic videos on Youtube.

            Search for something like 'how to remove a heatsink from a cpu'
            MXIII-G II, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, NUC6CAYH

            Comment


            • #7
              did you try to flash this rom?

              link

              https://pan.baidu.com/share/link?uk=...03696644284111

              Comment


              • #8
                if this is same version on China gadgets, then I've attempted this it fails at 2%, I think its ddr3, I need ddr4, currently looking for yundoo y7, ddr4 2g/16g firmware, as that's the only s905x firmware I know off, , shame I can't read Chinese coz I would've attempted the above link from baidu just in case the China gadgets one is different, thanks for posting maverick,
                and I've had no luck removing heatsink, superglue!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Maverick.Ita View Post
                  did you try to flash this rom?

                  link

                  https://pan.baidu.com/share/link?uk=...03696644284111



                  its apk can't seem to get the file guessed the blue button with Chinese writing, and it downloads baidu netdisk apk!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    if anyone is able to download the baidu link above be much appreciated, there's a 400mb difference between one above and the one from China gadgets.
                    the baidu link is asking for username and PW, so need an account, any help be much appreciated, thank you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by blueclaretvintage View Post
                      if anyone is able to download the baidu link above be much appreciated, there's a 400mb difference between one above and the one from China gadgets.
                      the baidu link is asking for username and PW, so need an account, any help be much appreciated, thank you
                      Hi blueclaretvintage
                      I downloaded and uploaded the firmware for you
                      download from my Onedrive
                      here is the link
                      https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKXBHS3onWvg3VJ3dKu-ypJLbIZ

                      test

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Maverick.Ita View Post

                        Hi blueclaretvintage
                        I downloaded and uploaded the firmware for you
                        download from my Onedrive
                        here is the link
                        https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKXBHS3onWvg3VJ3dKu-ypJLbIZ

                        test
                        hi mate, thanks for the upload, but this failed at 2%, so suspect its ddr3, waiting on the seller now to send file, we,re find out soon whether he knows whether his got a clone or not!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OK, an update on this, I now have some screenshots from specdevice, but maybe someone can make sense of it, I found photo on phone of some specs in about box,
                          must have taken it in the event of a disaster,
                          model TV box
                          version
                          6.0.1
                          serial number
                          0123456789abcdef
                          build
                          D4-QB0005

                          from this I googled and it bought up specdevice details, check the photo of board in post one, with these specs,

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by blueclaretvintage View Post
                            hi all , never posted before but have read this forum for about 4 years, its helped me out many a time and a big thanks to everyone who contributes .
                            normally i brick something, come here have a good read and problem solved.

                            this though is turning into a nightmare, after receiving box from a well known auction site, box started freezing mouse pointer would freeze on screen etc, no problem go to freak tab and see what custom if/or availabel for device.

                            run spec device and cpuz- board alledgedly p212-g wifi broadcomm 4329/30 ap. 2g/16g

                            also noted the firmware in about box, and had the image file downloaded from china gadget reviews.

                            read the custom roms in s905x section, and after lots of reading notice someone had managed on a q box s905x to flash the xannytech xtmod 2.8 rom.

                            so this is what i proceeded to do, the usual 2% fail. romcodeddr/usbcontrolsetuperror
                            eventually it flashed 100%,

                            but wouldnt boot, i may have unchecked erase boot, in a " try anything scenario, anyhow bluelight of death no dice on av slot recovery pin poke either.

                            ,

                            so screws out box apart, locate chip short pins,
                            no mention or stamp of p212_g and the wifi chip is ap6330

                            and then stamped on board 905x_QBOX_DDR4-20161223.V1.3
                            SO PROCEEDED to short pins,
                            load up backup firmware from china gadgets failed at 2%,oops wrong firmware but now i suspect a clone,
                            after further searching the net, not many s905x ddr4 firmwares in existence,as ive come to conclusion its the ddr4 bit , which is why i get the usb control setup error, wrong rom

                            in the meantime contact seller of auction site who is on holiday till wedsneday , but will be in touch to get me stock rom.
                            so after 2 weeks off trying various files, im wondering if anyone here as had this clone box and unbricked it,
                            the closest i got was a mxq pro plus ddr4 firmware v.8 ( i think) which got to 4% but failed on identify error,
                            ive used about 6 different versions of burning tool,
                            but am 100% convinced its the ddr4,

                            tried all the different methods of usb burn tool, but conclusion wrong firmware, ive recovered bricks before with burn tool, so not a novice on that.

                            not even sure now if this is a s905x as the writing on the nand chip is so faded its unreadable, so maybe dealing with a different device, regarding what the stamp says on the board.

                            anyhow if anyone hasa clue, it would be good to revive this or its getting binned, i think im needeing a ddr4 rom 2g/16g s905x( if its a s905x)

                            ill put some photos up, thanks for your help,

                            claret


                            p.s cant upload pictures as they exceed 2mb, managed a different phone heres the board
                            I have the exact same box. Exact same problem after checking erase bootloader. Tried to.update. 2%, then 100%. Won't boot and won't get detected. Long story short. Exactly identical issue. While I'm researching roms.

                            1) can you please please tell me which pins you shorted to get it to detect. I can't seem to figure out. Any chance you could mark up in paintbrush and upload it.

                            2) did you eventually find a room that worked?

                            3) I'm going to try superceleron tomorrow for qbox s905. Usually superceleron will make roms from scratch. So I'll check this one out unless you've already come across a room that worked.

                            Thanks in advance. Most important please tell me which pins to short.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So first I have some terrible news.

                              1) It's not a Qbox, if you can get past that then all's good because I fixed mine with the same board. After trying like a thousand different firmwares.
                              2) Your box (same as mine) is most likely a Nexbox A95X.
                              3) Good News..It is an S905x
                              4) Here's the firmware I used. Download the one with the largest size. It has the bootloader built in the img. Don't worry, I know it says 8Gb/2Gb. After install it shows 16gb.
                              5) Then continue updating with the latest file from mega for latest update.

                              https://mega.nz/#F!Qh4UBBZI!Tae83hLDlA276APtBoILqw

                              This worked for me. The physical box says Qbox, boots up as Nexbox A95. Hope this solves for you as well, if you haven't junked your box yet.

                              Wifi Works, BT works. Haven't tested any other functions yet. Watching Youtube right now.
                              Last edited by amitabh15v; 10-12-2017, 18:17.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X