Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Thanks... sunvell t95x 2/8 works good. Some mouse problem(in some apps scroling after few sec return position on start list) and bluetooth error(fix by freeze or delete bluetooth.apk), but impressive ui speed. Fresh kernel and u-boot, ota.... it's like happy birthday for s905x box's)
    Last edited by talraash; 04-27-2018, 02:52.

    Comment


    • #92
      Hi everyone, Lewy thank you for this Rom!!

      I have a Mini M8S ii box, it still has the original Rom it arrived with from Gearbest. Do I need to root it or do anything specific to it before I flash this Oreo rom onto it please or is it safe to go right ahead?

      I plan on following this guide found on Youtube by the very helpful member Clarkss12 / Ronnie Bailey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOuY94DGcU.
      I've flashed plenty of Android phones before but this will be my first ever box so I'm just checking before i proceed!

      Thanks,
      D.

      Comment


      • #93
        Hi to all.
        For those having the bluetooth issue in lewy20041 rom, instead of uninstalling the apks just edit build.prop with the ESfile explorer and search for the line
        config.disable_bluetooth=false
        Edit to
        config.disable_bluetooth=true
        Save the file
        Reboot the unit.
        Done.
        ESfile explorer must be granted write rights for system folders first. Search to activate it inside the application.

        Comment


        • #94
          Hi everyone how has a bad batch of M8S Pro + (Plus),
          I almost throw my new box M8S Pro + that had one of the bad batch's and was totally not able to strat e return to life... But now with this firmware it works! It has a bug for Bluetooth but I will refer to post #93 and perform from build.prom I am confident that it will work and now here you have a brand new box with Oreo on Top thanks to this man lewy20041 !
          Last edited by Shkumba; 04-30-2018, 23:35.

          Comment


          • #95
            How to fix bluetooth error message/ Bluetooth keep stoping

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Shkumba View Post
              Hi everyone how has a bad batch of M8S Pro + (Plus),
              I almost throw my new box M8S Pro + that had one of the bad batch's and was totally not able to strat e return to life... But now with this firmware it works! It has a bug for Bluetooth but I will refer to post #93 and perform from build.prom I am confident that it will work and now here you have a brand new box for Oreo on Top thanks to this man lewy20041 !
              Hi,

              Thanks for posting this.

              MeCool M8S Pro +
              I have loaded it on to my original Bad Batch Box and indeed it runs - Great.

              but ...

              a few little things ... had to install Solid Explorer to edit the build.prop (couldn't get ES to work) but build.prop doesn't have the above mentioned line in it ? not in the file I found ?? Editing in the line did nothing, so had to delete the bluetooth apk and now not getting the fail notice, which is nice.

              Only the Filemanager app sees the USB thumbdrive I have installed.
              ES, SE managers and both Kodi and SPMC can't see it as a drive for some strange reason ?
              Nice to be able to see a USB drive ...

              Difficult to get the file managers to hit the right file as they keep jumping on press ??

              No Power button so I installed a simple Power Button app !

              All in all way better than a box that freezes after 20 seconds, and very nearly really useable so BIG Thanks Lewy.
              Heres hoping Magendanz or someone can make a nice ATV version as well.

              Thanks again.
              Last edited by P.X; 04-30-2018, 13:45. Reason: M8S pro +

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by harkamanshivakoti View Post
                How to fix bluetooth error message/ Bluetooth keep stoping
                I deleted the bluetooth.apk using Solid Explorer Classic

                Comment


                • #98
                  Will update the rom and fix the mentiined bugs once i get the android 8.1 sdk. Hope someone can share it with me sooner than later.
                  Everything is possible if we work together!
                  ApkFreak

                  BItcoin Donate: 1K9Qh9CvxvpdkCANVU173Mh3WAjv3oMgQy

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                    Will update the rom and fix the mentiined bugs once i get the android 8.1 sdk. Hope someone can share it with me sooner than later.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by P.X View Post

                      Hi,

                      Thanks for posting this.

                      MeCool M8S Pro +
                      I have loaded it on to my original Bad Batch Box and indeed it runs - Great.

                      but ...

                      a few little things ... had to install Solid Explorer to edit the build.prop (couldn't get ES to work) but build.prop doesn't have the above mentioned line in it ? not in the file I found ?? Editing in the line did nothing, so had to delete the bluetooth apk and now not getting the fail notice, which is nice.

                      Only the Filemanager app sees the USB thumbdrive I have installed.
                      ES, SE managers and both Kodi and SPMC can't see it as a drive for some strange reason ?
                      Nice to be able to see a USB drive ...

                      Difficult to get the file managers to hit the right file as they keep jumping on press ??

                      No Power button so I installed a simple Power Button app !

                      All in all way better than a box that freezes after 20 seconds, and very nearly really useable so BIG Thanks Lewy.
                      Heres hoping Magendanz or someone can make a nice ATV version as well.

                      Thanks again.
                      /Vendor
                      this is the folder which contains the build.prop that needs editing to
                      config.disable_bluetooth=true
                      This will eliminate the Bluetooth error message.
                      Cheers

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jgon View Post

                        /Vendor
                        this is the folder which contains the build.prop that needs editing to
                        config.disable_bluetooth=true
                        This will eliminate the Bluetooth error message.
                        Cheers
                        Thanks.

                        Amateur here, didn't know there was more than one build.prop


                        Last edited by P.X; 05-01-2018, 08:47.

                        Comment


                        • To get it working on mecool m8s+, is it important to edit dtb? Or will it work out of the box with 2gig ram?

                          edit:
                          And what is with wlan. Is it working?
                          Last edited by blackThirteen; 05-01-2018, 10:30.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by blackThirteen View Post
                            To get it working on mecool m8s+, is it important to edit dtb? Or will it work out of the box with 2gig ram?

                            edit:
                            And what is with wlan. Is it working?
                            Worked out of the box - but no wifi.
                            Ethernet only and need to stop Bluetooth as noted.

                            WIP but at least get a working box from a Bad Batch Box !

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by P.X View Post

                              Worked out of the box - but no wifi.
                              Ethernet only and need to stop Bluetooth as noted.

                              WIP but at least get a working box from a Bad Batch Box !
                              Wow! I also have an Mecool M8S Pro + from an bad batch, I tried several firmwares, but none could be flashed (the usb burning tool always gave some errors, or the box did not boot)
                              So I just tried this Oreo image, and it just flashed perfectly in one go! I almost was going to throw this box away
                              I don't know why this firmware works? Maybe it's better compatible with the Samsung NAND?
                              Thanx lewy20041 !

                              Comment


                              • Hello thanks for this work.
                                I have a question where I can find an IP address for lan. I can not see this choice anywhere. thank you very much

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X