Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO Dongle 2Gb/8Gb - SCV1 7.1.2 ( "NORMAL" VERSION )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This rom is made for 2/8. 2/16 seems to be newer variant or one of H96 Pro H2/H3 Dongles. It won't work, coz it's not meant to be.
    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
      This rom is made for 2/8. 2/16 seems to be newer variant or one of H96 Pro H2/H3 Dongles. It won't work, coz it's not meant to be.
      Thanx man. But looking at post #94, it should work? No? I also have the Alfawise , not H2 of H3...

      Comment


      • H2 and H3 is just a name to tell apart dongles, as they look the same. They all are Alfawise's. H2 has even same SoC like one without "H" in name - S912 (H3 has S905X).
        And looking at pictures of H2 on Banggood/Geekbuing it doesn't have H2 logo on it's case. H3 has the "H3" below "H96 Pro", but other two seems to be identical.
        H2: https://www.banggood.com/H96-Pro-H2-...p-1187723.html, https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...le-391278.html
        H3: https://www.gearbest.com/tv-stick-do...p_1378913.html, https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...le-390198.html,
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
          H2 and H3 is just a name to tell apart dongles, as they look the same. They all are Alfawise's. H2 has even same SoC like one without "H" in name - S912 (H3 has S905X).
          And looking at pictures of H2 on Banggood/Geekbuing it doesn't have H2 logo on it's case. H3 has the "H3" below "H96 Pro", but other two seems to be identical.
          H2: https://www.banggood.com/H96-Pro-H2-...p-1187723.html, https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...le-391278.html
          H3: https://www.gearbest.com/tv-stick-do...p_1378913.html, https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...le-390198.html,
          Ok coll thanx. So then I have the H2 version. As its a S912 CPU with 2Gb/16Gb. Can to show perhaps me what ROM will work on it?

          Comment


          • Don't think there is other one than his and ATV superceleron;s Rom. They may work on Your, but it's Your choice if You are up to trying. I would try if I were You, coz I hate official firmware :P Still there is chance that You will end up with soft bricked device. And I don;t see any official firmware for this dongle, so if You need one, try contacting the seller, maybe there have something.
            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

            Comment



            • Does anyone where i could buy the original h96 pro stick that will work with this rom? Thanks in advance

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
                Don't think there is other one than his and ATV superceleron;s Rom. They may work on Your, but it's Your choice if You are up to trying. I would try if I were You, coz I hate official firmware :P Still there is chance that You will end up with soft bricked device. And I don;t see any official firmware for this dongle, so if You need one, try contacting the seller, maybe there have something.
                Sorry but I read through ask the posts but still feel a bit lost.

                I received yesterday this stick:

                https://m.gearbest.com/tv-stick-dong...ml?wid=1451237

                It says just H96 PRO 2/16. Unfortunately never got it to work as the light is always red and no image on TV. I also tried pressing the reset button for several minutes and nothing happened.

                From your post I understood that there is more than one version of this stick with Amlogic S912 and that this firmware only works with the first version. Is this correct? Is there a way to identify this from the outside?

                At this time I do not think I have much to lose.

                Many thanks

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rudolfo View Post

                  no image on TV.
                  Something with your HDMI - make sure that your are using right/working HDMI port on your TV.

                  Comment


                  • The port is working as I usually have a Chromecast there.

                    Anyway, the light is always red!

                    I also tried other power adaptors in addition to the one which came in the box but the end result is the same.

                    Any other ideas?

                    Thanks

                    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Hey guys! A BREAKTHROUGH!!
                      I discovered for using widgets ON ANY LAUNCHER!
                      (Previously only squarehome 2 worked with 'system widget picker' selected in home options)
                      But after unlocking widgets on my girlfriends Kindle Fire HD 8... I thought.... I wonder if.....
                      Turns out I was right, its the same fix!!
                      This works on any AlfaWise without widget support! Not just the dongle we have.... Here goes.....

                      1. Download a file manager that has ability to view system folder without root like TotalCommander (I recommend my fave... MiXplorer).
                      2. In file explorer, navigate to /system/bin.
                      3. Locate file named "appwidget" & COPY this file to internal storage.
                      4. Long press the file you have just copied to internal storage, then select the RENAME option.
                      5. Rename the file "appwidget.sh"
                      6. Now connect your device to a PC with ADB (if you havent got this yet download "minimal ADB & fastboot" its less than 4mb!! Google!)
                      7. Connect with wire & accept USB debugging popup on device OR
                      8. Connect wireless with command:
                      adb connect <your.IP.address.here>:<port number>
                      (Example)... adb connect 192.168.2.14:5555
                      (Your IP address can be found in settings-device-about-status. Port is 5555 automatically)
                      9. Run command "adb devices" it should say connected!
                      10. Now run this command:
                      adb shell appwidget grantbind --package <package.name.of.your.launcher> --user <USER_ID>
                      (An example using my favourites!).....
                      For Nova Launcher: adb shell appwidget grantbind --package com.teslacoilsw.launcher --user 0
                      IF NOT it will be: user current
                      (An example)... adb shell appwidget grantbind --package com.ss.squarehome2 --user current
                      11. Now run command: reboot.
                      12. Have fun picking widgets finally!!!
                      13. Your welcome!




                      Comment


                      • You don't have to connect Box to the PC (step 6-7). If You have Root ofc.
                        Just install Terminal Emulator app and use this commands:
                        Code:
                        su
                        setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
                        stop adbd
                        start adbd
                        After that You just have to find devices IP and You may connect to it from ADB like in step 8.

                        And didn't You miss step between 6 and 7? All guides (including Google's) says that after connecting using USB cable You have to use this command on the PC:
                        Code:
                        adb tcpip 5555
                        Than adb connect will work.
                        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

                        Comment




                        • Originally posted by ch3mn3y
                          You don't have to connect Box to the PC (step 6-7). If You have Root ofc.
                          Just install Terminal Emulator app and use this commands:
                          Code:
                          su
                          setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
                          stop adbd
                          start adbd
                          After that You just have to find devices IP and You may connect to it from ADB like in step 8.

                          And didn't You miss step between 6 and 7? All guides (including Google's) says that after connecting using USB cable You have to use this command on the PC:
                          Code:
                          adb tcpip 5555
                          Than adb connect will work.
                          You are correct in that, yes IF rooted (like this device is) you do not have to connect to PC, just use a terminal on device itself
                          (i stated the "universal" method for ALL devices)
                          (did say this works on any device without widget support, not just this one, and i actually done this on an un-rootable Kindle Fire HD 8 2017 first!) thought it will be a great help to many people out here!!!

                          As for the other bit, no you dont have to, "adb tcpip 5555" is the command to start wireless ADB server on the device itself ("adb start-server" CAN be used first to start daemon running on port whatever instead of the command you stated. BUT THIS IS NOT NEEDED... "adb connect" command will start ADB if its not already automatically, yes ADB has some automation! LESS TYPING FOR YOU FROM NOW ON MY FRIEND!!!

                          An example for YOUR command: (in terminal emulator, on the ROOTED device itself) command "adb tcpip 5555", this starts your ADB wireless server running constantly untill you command to stop it with "adb kill server" it does the exact same as tapping the "wireless ADB" quick settings tile on your phone and having it running constantly BUT THIS IS NOT NEEDED! (and this is a root command also!)

                          The "adb connect iport" will
                          A. start ADB if not running already (no need to "start-server") and...
                          B. once ADB has started, it will then push the "allow debugging from..." pop-up to your device (no need to "tcpip 5555" OR use wireless ADB tile OR option in developers settings etc etc to start wireless ADB on the device at all!

                          You dont even need ADB wireless tile, a Terminal, Root or to start ADB on either the PC OR the device itself for my method, in fact you dont even need a PC either!!! .....i actually use my rooted Galaxy S5 with Magisks ADB & Fastboot module, open up Termux and then i ADB my devices without the need of a PC at all!!!!




                          Sent from my H96_PRO_STICK using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Scott.S View Post
                            As for the other bit, no you dont have to, "adb tcpip 5555" is the command to start wireless ADB server on the device itself ("adb start-server" CAN be used first to start daemon running on port whatever instead of the command you stated. BUT THIS IS NOT NEEDED... "adb connect" command will start ADB if its not already automatically, yes ADB has some automation! LESS TYPING FOR YOU FROM NOW ON MY FRIEND!!!
                            Didn't know that.
                            Still it seems useful to have ADB always on, as TV Box is something, which, I think, most people keep in room without PC.
                            Not 100% safe, but as long as someone doesn't hack Your network, You should be safe.
                            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

                            Comment


                            • Brilliant rom

                              however my rii i8+ pads home button doesnt return you to home when pressed

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by firecrackerjim
                                Brilliant rom

                                however my rii i8+ pads home button doesnt return you to home when pressed
                                Use button remapper from google play, reset home to home!

                                Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X