Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This box is busted, it has same issue even on march firmware, have to send it back sadly incurring more shipping charges...Damn the chinese quality checks they shipped a box with a dead bluetooth module on it.. Maybe its better to even refrain from buying this model till they have this issue sorted with the new chips inside...honestly i feel looking at the previous pcs snaps this LB one has cheaper parts...
    P.S destroyed 3 USB cables and was unable to figure out how to make one ..Eventually used burn card maker,inserted sd card kept reset button pressed on remote at power on and it auto installed...and then i landed at my beloved blue screen once android logo disappeared and thereafter nothing works ,no entry no exit only volume and power buttons are usable..seems the remote has better bluetooth module than the stupid box..

    P.P.S: Rebooted to recovery,it still says 201804XX while i had the 201803 img in the sd card...did it even flash anything ? I did get the Updating logo when I had the sd card inside after I had used Burncard maker it ran through to the end and then had rebooted too ..
    Last edited by Appys; 06-14-2018, 08:22.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Appys View Post
      This box is busted, it has same issue even on march firmware, have to send it back sadly incurring more shipping charges...Damn the chinese quality checks they shipped a box with a dead bluetooth module on it.. Maybe its better to even refrain from buying this model till they have this issue sorted with the new chips inside...honestly i feel looking at the previous pcs snaps this LB one has cheaper parts...
      P.S destroyed 3 USB cables and was unable to figure out how to make one ..Eventually used burn card maker,inserted sd card kept reset button pressed on remote at power on and it auto installed...and then i landed at my beloved blue screen once android logo disappeared and thereafter nothing works ,no entry no exit only volume and power buttons are usable..seems the remote has better bluetooth module than the stupid box..

      P.P.S: Rebooted to recovery,it still says 201804XX while i had the 201803 img in the sd card...did it even flash anything ? I did get the Updating logo when I had the sd card inside after I had used Burncard maker it ran through to the end and then had rebooted too ..
      I had a faulty box from gearbest once.they sent out a replacement without issue.just explained the problem and sent photo of crazy image on TV.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by supermal View Post

        I had a faulty box from gearbest once.they sent out a replacement without issue.just explained the problem and sent photo of crazy image on TV.
        How much were your reverse shipping charges?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Appys View Post

          How much were your reverse shipping charges?
          They just sent out a replacement box.still got the dodgy one.

          Comment


          • Out of sheer curiosity how does one install TWRP onto this? The 321 version as it's just an img in the freaktab folder

            Additional qn, what if you went to magendanz via burn tool and then back to supermals stock img via twrp would you lose the drm?
            Last edited by Appys; 06-14-2018, 18:58.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Appys View Post
              Out of sheer curiosity how does one install TWRP onto this? The 321 version as it's just an img in the freaktab folder

              Additional qn, what if you went to magendanz via burn tool and then back to supermals stock img via twrp would you lose the drm?
              Magendanz custom ROMs are not compatible with LB boxes.you would lose Bluetooth and wi-fi.

              Comment


              • Yeah I don't have them either ways but I don't know if that too forces the blue screen, also twrp zip 311 dsnt work 321 is an image I don't know how to flash.. I want to restore your backup via twrp as last resort..
                Burncard maker method failed as in recovery it still showed april version

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Appys View Post
                  Yeah I don't have them either ways but I don't know if that too forces the blue screen, also twrp zip 311 dsnt work 321 is an image I don't know how to flash.. I want to restore your backup via twrp as last resort..
                  Burncard maker method failed as in recovery it still showed april version
                  You could install one of the Magendanz roms that have twrp recovery then use my twrp backup to go back to stock rom?just a thought.you should still keep widevine L1 status but I can't be sure.

                  Comment


                  • Got the TWRP now, Can someone guide me how to restore the 201803XX.img file from Supermal? I tried install image and it says image larger than target for boot partition
                    (Boot/Recover/Image)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Appys View Post
                      Got the TWRP now, Can someone guide me how to restore the 201803XX.img file from Supermal? I tried install image and it says image larger than target for boot partition
                      (Boot/Recover/Image)
                      When you got twrp screen up.insert usb into box.move curser to mount and click.move curser to click on storage. usb option and click.should show file size.go to bottom of page and click back.click on restore.name of file should be at top.click on it.then swipe bottom right to flash.should start loading.
                      Last edited by supermal; 06-15-2018, 09:06.

                      Comment


                      • Okay copying the .img to a pen drive now and will try next
                        1)Mount USB
                        2) Click restore and select the .img file
                        3)Swipe flash

                        Failed>img doesnt show up in the list

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Appys View Post
                          Okay copying the .img to a pen drive now and will try next
                          1)Mount USB
                          2) Click restore and select the .img file
                          3)Swipe flash

                          Failed>img doesnt show up in the list
                          Somewhere in the TWRP settings, you can select ZIP or IMG for a restore....
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

                          Comment


                          • yes and then when i select boot partition it says image too big
                            Verified teh BT module is dead and 20180316 nor twrp backups are of any help, i am just amazed how it allowed me to pair after unboxing and then just died on me...dispute in progress ...the box just loves the bluescreen..atleast the idiots could have given an option to get in if the new wifi/bt module dsnt work and as already mentioned by someone the LB ones have a shitty cloned one that doesnt even have a housing see pic
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Appys; 06-15-2018, 10:52.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Appys View Post
                              yes and then when i select boot partition it says image too big
                              Verified teh BT module is dead and 20180316 nor twrp backups are of any help, i am just amazed how it allowed me to pair after unboxing and then just died on me...dispute in progress ...the box just loves the bluescreen..atleast the idiots could have given an option to get in if the new wifi/bt module dsnt work and as already mentioned by someone the LB ones have a shitty cloned one that doesnt even have a housing see pic
                              Did you untick zip file verification?what twrp recovery are you using.some don't work for recovery.not sure what select boot partition comes from?what size usb drive are you using?sometimes wont work if its too big.
                              Last edited by supermal; 06-15-2018, 12:11.

                              Comment


                              • It's OK I got your backup folder restored which worked for others having this issue, mine still won't work . There is no other firmware for this box to try now.. . Its useless.. Check the image and tell me if your WiFi chip looks similar too.. If I look at the last motherboards and the new one a lot is changed it seems

                                The only hope for such boxes would be a software where you get entry without needing to pair remote, atleast the idiots must check the BT/Wifi module before shipping it to avoid harassing overseas customers...Frustrating experience on a much deliberated and long pondered purchase ..Disappointed with Mecool for poor/0 QC and a bigThank you to you guys for trying to help so much esp clarkss12 and supermal ...
                                Last edited by Appys; 06-15-2018, 22:22.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X