• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can try this...
    M8S PRO:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c2lDis4 password:k1q0
    tЯeboЯ
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab
    Tip: Google is your best friend, Use Google to search Freaktab.
    In Google Search type site:freaktab.com ****, Replace **** with what you seek.

Comment

Thanks for that - just been figuring out how to download from Baidu - it is downloading now so will check it out shortly

Comment

Maybe your ethernet plug is well worn, reason why its loose. also check that all pins in socket are on angle.
        Remove covers and align sd card slot better may help. not hard
        tЯeboЯ
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks for the advice

I had already tried a new Ethernet cable just in case, it looks like the moulding inside is a bit rounded so it is not clipping in but it will be fine.

Good thought on the card reader - I've already had it open to compare against your photos but did not look to adjust it!!

I will give it a go - thanks again!!

Comment

Hello
            like eddipropane home screen doesn't keep setting but language setting is also lost... always return to chinese.
            i think hdmi cec isn't stable : it block other set box to switch to tv (but not every time)
            is mecool good to release firmware update or i should try other vendor like beelink or yundoo ?

best regard

Comment

Try this update
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...036#post643036
              tЯeboЯ
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just bought one of these, though looks like its DOA. Blue light turns on, though no signal via HDMI and it won't turn off via the remote control. Also looks like it's not registering / requesting DHCP via ethernet. Suspect that it is bricked. Have tried 3 different TV's and HDMI cables, to no avail.

What's the best way to un-brick? I don't have a male to male USB or SD card, so would need to purchase either of these, based on the best method to bring it back to life.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  You can try this...
                  M8S PRO:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c2lDis4 password:k1q0
                  Hi tЯeboЯ,

Could you be kind enough to upload on mega.nz as usual the too big (759M) M8S_PRO_ota-20170419.192034.v0222.zip file, please ?
                  Also have MeCool a support site ?
                  Thx by advance.
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by p0l0233 View Post

Hi tЯeboЯ,

Could you be kind enough to upload on mega.nz as usual the too big (759M) M8S_PRO_ota-20170419.192034.v0222.zip file, please ?
                    Also have MeCool a support site ?
                    Thx by advance.
                    Cheers

Try This
                    http://freaktab.org/dd47aedaa6c9b4a8
                    tЯeboЯ
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thx a lot tЯeboЯ

That's simplier that way !

I recently bought a M8S 3GB ram at a good price on GBest, there is one yet cheaper with 2GB at Gbuying. So I'm in the way to do some 4k hdr tests, and dont want to get stucked by crappy fw.

I noticed on the Youtube redskull'channel that there was very bad IO performance with emmc (far from you snapshot on OP), and a relative low ddr4 ram performance.
                      As his devices are sent by manufacturer, i don't know either it's the fw that could be too early, or if your sample was tailored for a good review....

Also I wonder about one thing on Android (v6/v7) : i previously got a V88pro s905x android 6 TV (had to unlock all four cores by setting governor from hotplug to performance), but whaterver i choose in display (auto, 4k 60kz, 4k smpte), kodi as cpuz as aida64 (and as every systeminfo tool) returns internal screen resolution always at 1080, never 4K.... Was hoping to at least see 4K streaming choice from youtube panel, but never ... last choice always1080 (note that all works fine @ 1080p). Can it be an android version internal limit?

I also have had readings about s905x doing VP9.2 playing, but I did'nt achieve this with the V88pro android6.
                      I expect that M8S and/or Nougat will let me play my usb stick with these youtube-dl 337'profiled files that I downloaded from google youtube cloud.

And my last question for the expert you are : do you know if is there any YT apk (mod/dedicated) that can run on an 7.x tv box (else than chromecast ultra) to allow real native 4K hdr vp9.2 streaming ?

Thx again.
                      Cheers

Edit : I found eMMC datasheet samsung KLMAG2WEPD-B031, page 12 Performance is max 150MB/s Read, but 12MB/s Write, as same other reviewers got.
                      So Write perf of 58 to 63MB/s (from SD card test pro and A1SD) reported in OP is quite surpring and needs to be verified... ?!
                      Last edited by p0l0233; 05-01-2017, 06:58.

Comment

Originally posted by dstaron View Post
                        Geekbuying sent me this advertising for this box. It is false advertising. You cannot get it for $49.99
                        No false advertising, I bought it at geekbuying for $49.99

Comment

Does anyone have a way to root the device? Tried kingroot but didn't work.
                          I would love to do [TUTORIAL] The Ultimate Android TV Experience in R-Box Pro/H96 Pro

Comment

Waiting on device too. Root may be possible just have get device and brick it a few times first

regards
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentox View Post

No false advertising, I bought it at geekbuying for $49.99
                              YES it is true, i bought it 3/16 for $49.99, got email with coupon code.

Comment

New OTA Update:

M8S_PRO-ota-20170505.084815.V0222

https://mega.nz/#!pugXCAJA!Q-VciU-9m...DqJ7YKS3Y4GChg
                                tЯeboЯ
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X