Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S PRO TV Box Amlogic 912 Android 7.1 3/16GB Dual WiFi Fast Lan BT4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Hi,

    @t▀ebo▀ Do you know if there are there any USB flashable firmware IMG files available for this device yet?

    I have scoured wowenda, pannz and baidu bit have been unable to locate anything apart from the OTA zip files posted previously.

    I can find many for other Videostrong devices, firmware built on same system that have the same naming convention, a few for example:

    Vorke_Z1-NMF26Q-20170428.150912.V0222.img
    KM8P-NMF26Q-20170411.213917.V0222.img
    BB2_PRO-MHC19J-20170331.143515.V0923.img

    Which makes me think there should be one out there for the M8S_PRO somewhere haha

    I have also found a version of modded version of TWRP that works with 7.1 on this device from a Russian forum and there is a NAND backup of the original firmware available you can flash back to.

    If I want to try messing around with the box or flashing any other firmware's I do not have the DDR, UBOOT and DTB which seems specific to this box as gxm_q20xrmii_3g and does not match an of the other 7.1 roms which I am guessing is due to the 100M Lan on this box.

    Anyway, long post just to ask for firmware!!

    Thanks, Bob.


    Comment


    • #47
      At present not aware of any,
      Like all things we can hope soon.
      If it happens will mention here,
      China on a 3 day Holiday(Dragon Boat festival)things will we slow till the first on next month.


      tЯeboЯ
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

      Comment


      • #48
        Most dont match because it ddr4
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by trebor View Post
          At present not aware of any,
          Like all things we can hope soon.
          If it happens will mention here,
          China on a 3 day Holiday(Dragon Boat festival)things will we slow till the first on next month.

          Thanks for taking the time to reply, thought it was worth an ask!

          Yes, hopefully something for the future

          Cheers, Bob.

          Comment


          • #50
            I just bought one of these to upgrade from my beelink r89. It seems fast, but I miss the old Android home screen. Is there a way to get this box to boot to original Android home screen?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by jobo View Post
              I just bought one of these to upgrade from my beelink r89. It seems fast, but I miss the old Android home screen. Is there a way to get this box to boot to original Android home screen?
              I've installed nova launcher. But at the first login I get m8s home screen. After, when I press "home key", I get nova launcher.

              Comment


              • #52
                Does these upgrades include also a new version of Kodi (TV Center)? If not, how can I upgrade just Kodi, since the version is 17.0 rc and there is already 17.3 stable? The TV center upgrade that is already installed seems not working.

                Comment


                • #53
                  you could get directly from google play store (you find it in apps) or you could download from https://kodi.tv/download, save on a USB pen (of SD) and install with appinstaller (that you find in apps).

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by paddygarcia View Post
                    you could get directly from google play store (you find it in apps) or you could download from https://kodi.tv/download, save on a USB pen (of SD) and install with appinstaller (that you find in apps).
                    Like that I would install Kodi as a separate application and above all I would need to install whole bunch of addons again. It would not be an upgrade of existing Kodi (TV Center)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Does this box has the dark picture problem with Kodi 17?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by zmaj01 View Post

                        Like that I would install Kodi as a separate application and above all I would need to install whole bunch of addons again. It would not be an upgrade of existing Kodi (TV Center)
                        If you want regular update, you should use Kodi or forks.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Hi does any one know where I can get the stock rom from and not the update zip, I need to flash to recover my box, to much playing about with other roms, I cant help myself hehe.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by doomed View Post
                            Hi does any one know where I can get the stock rom from and not the update zip, I need to flash to recover my box, to much playing about with other roms, I cant help myself hehe.
                            I asked a few posts back, currently there is not one available.

                            Bob

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Hello again, is there anyway of forcing the zip update, I used a custom rom and it wont let me flash back to original

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Does anyone have issues with the wifi signal? Mine is garbage on this thing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X