H96 PRO KODI 17.3 4K TV DONGLE FIRMWARE 20170826

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pugnetta View Post

my friend thanks for your support but in the previous comments there is the penultimate firmware that of August I look for the last one that September seems already to have written because there is one more recent but I can not find it in round ......
    Latest (most recent) one is from Aug, 8/10/2017 to be exact

Comment

As you can see you have not been of great help exactly the last one is that of September 22nd...

Comment

I can't use the LG TV remote with HDMI CEC. I have switched on this function in Settings bur nothing... anyone try CEC work?

Comment

is this dongle compatible with NETFLIX and YIUTUBE in 4K?
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post
            is this dongle compatible with NETFLIX and YIUTUBE in 4K?
            thanks
            videos in 4k on youtube you can see them only from the browser.
            with netflix I do not know .... I see streaming movies gratis in full hd with kodi

Comment

Finally I was able to find the latest firmware of this H96 Pro Dongle practically that of September, for those interested can find it here :

​​​​https://yadi.sk/d/t7ghDV943PTCBT

aml_s912_7.1_q8723bs-H96PRO-dongle_KDMC_mac-20170922
              Last edited by Pugnetta; 01-06-2018, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnetta View Post
                Finally I was able to find the latest firmware of this H96 Pro Dongle practically that of September, for those interested can find it here :

​​​​https://yadi.sk/d/t7ghDV943PTCBT

aml_s912_7.1_q8723bs-H96PRO-dongle_KDMC_mac-20170922
                So how's wifi working out for you with that firmware? Does it crash when attempting to use a custom home launcher app (e.g., Nova Launcher)

Comment

The wifi is a problem of this Dongle H96 Pro I think the cause is a hardware problem and has nothing to do with the firmware, but attention not everyone has problems because I have two Dongle bought by Two different sellers one makes me tantrums with continuous connection drops and the other does not make me problems. As for the launcher that can not be replaced with the original one is a general thing of almost all TV boxes with Android 7.1.2 but you can use Microsoft launcher an excellent alternative and find it on Google Play ..

Comment

I'm having trouble getting my H96 Pro dongle into recovery mode. It's stuck in a boot loop, and after spending a day looking for a reset button to hold I had to give up and can't find anything on the web either.

Any have any advice? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyMB View Post
                      I'm having trouble getting my H96 Pro dongle into recovery mode. It's stuck in a boot loop, and after spending a day looking for a reset button to hold I had to give up and can't find anything on the web either.

Any have any advice? Thanks in advance.
                      1. Install the USB burning tool on a Windows PC. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87...J5enY3Q3M/view

2. After installation, reboot the system (it does not tell you too, but it did not recognize my winnings 10 until I did it.)

3. Connect one end of the cable to the computer. Leave the other one detached.

4. Open USB Burning Tool

5. Go to "Import Image" and load the ROM.

6. Once loaded (takes a while), click START.

7. Now the fun part. Use a pin in a small hole that is behind the Dongle and hold for six seconds (not sure if you have to keep it for a specific time, but it seems to be a common number), connect the other end of the cable to the USB posterioredel H96 PRO Dongle (USB 2) and remove the pin when recognized. It should be HUB3-3 (mine was HUB7-3). It will start to blink.

8. Disconnect and press STOP.

I hope this helps.

Oh, and after, it will take a minute or two to get to the main Android screen after this (after the logo obviously, but in case someone else does not understand and becomes impatient). If more than 5 minutes (it should be shorter ), something else could go up.

-----------------------------------------

I have to add more suggestions in this method:

The tv box does not need to be connected to power because the usb cable has 5v to do it!

Make sure nothing is connected to the TV (just a pin and a male A usb to male A USB cable is required.

We must enter in the license folder (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Amlogic \ USB_Burning_Tool \ license) the firmware we are going to flash and also load in that folder the files that contain in this next rar (unzip, insert the folder of licenses and paste all files in the indicated folder.

In the Usb Burning tool make sure when you import the image that in the table on the right (Key and Avail ...) Mac appears and some numbers if it is 0 something is wrong ...

This should avoid errors that occur during the import and burning of the image file. https://yadi.sk/d/t7ghDV943PTCBT
                      Last edited by Pugnetta; 01-13-2018, 14:19.

Comment

Thanks for the in depth reply it has been very helpful indeed!

I managed to get firmware installed using usb burning tool before reading your post.

Essentially, i just imported the firmware, hit start and plugged the device into the computer and it worked. I did not press and hold the reset button at all. Everything seems to be working but now the device crashes and stutters frequently. Maybe this is because i did not follow this process correctly?

Comment

Working...
                        X