Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Magicsee IRON+ - SCV1 - Android 7.1.2 ( "NORMAL" VERSION )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I just tried again from scratch.
    I re-downloaded the rom,
    full formatted my SD card,
    made new burn card with normal settings,
    flashed it to my Iron+,
    installed Nova launcher,
    Went to its home screen,
    Tried to add gallery widget to desktop,

    Error!
    Settings has stopped.

    Is anyone able to use normal widgets in any normal launchers with this?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by random667 View Post
      I just tried again from scratch.
      I re-downloaded the rom,
      full formatted my SD card,
      made new burn card with normal settings,
      flashed it to my Iron+,
      installed Nova launcher,
      Went to its home screen,
      Tried to add gallery widget to desktop,

      Error!
      Settings has stopped.

      Is anyone able to use normal widgets in any normal launchers with this?
      Is a bug in the rom, i already fixed but still dint had the time to rls or finish other updates to it....

      Comment


      • #33
        That's great!
        I'll wait for your next release,
        Thanks again!

        Comment


        • #34
          Thank you for the Rom sir..
          anyone can help me in disabling navbar autohide?I would like to have it always on the screen, should I change something in build.prop?
          Thanks

          Comment


          • #35
            someone to tell, this Rom work fine in mecool bb2 pro (original 7.1 android) ? wifi , bluetooth runs? another question: its a problem put the Rom(android 6) in the actualy sistem 7 android?

            -Today i confirm this Rom dont work in mecool bb2 pro. the wifi and bluetooth dont work.
            Last edited by Tiago12345; 02-16-2018, 11:53.

            Comment


            • #36
              superceleron - My apologies in asking this because i am sure the answer is obvious. I was just hoping to get an answer i like, haha.
              Will this work on the S905x 2gb/16gb version of the Magicsee iron+? If not, do you have a rom that might work for it or recommend one?
              Thank you for you time and appreciate the effort you put in to making these boxes more awesome.

              Comment


              • superceleron
                superceleron commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry but no, it wont work. this is only for the S912 version!
                I dont know another rom for that box sorry

            • #37
              So i plunked down and got the S912 version, however, it does come with 3gb DDR3 ram instead of the DDR4 the gearbest edition comes with. Will that make a difference or can i go install-happy on this anyways? Thank you for your time.

              Comment


              • #38
                Originally posted by superceleron View Post

                Is a bug in the rom, i already fixed but still dint had the time to rls or finish other updates to it....
                Just curious if there is an update planned to fix these issues?
                Would a donation for your work help?
                I would love to have this box working correctly.

                Comment


                • #39
                  superceleron - I get the following error when installing your SCV1 ROM:

                  [0x10202003]Romcode/Lead UBOOT/Download UBOOT/Data transfer error

                  After much googling, the closest I could find to a solution was to try a shorter USB A to A cable. I have tried 3 different lengths (1ft, 3ft and 6ft), USB 2.0, USB 3.0. I've tried different USB ports, different computers, different OS's ( Win 7 x64, Win 7 x86, Win 10 x64), different versions of the USB Burning Tool ( 2.0.5.2, 2.0.6, 2.0.8, 2.1.2) and all gave the same error. i have tried the SD card method using Burn Card 2.0.3 and it bricked the device.
                  The box is still detected by USB Burning Tool so i know all isn't lost, but i am at my wits end trying to find a solution. i bought the box straight from the Magicsee Company in Shenzhen. The specs are identical to the one from gearbest except they sent me one with DDR3 memory.
                  Any recommendations? Thank you for time.

                  Comment


                  • superceleron
                    superceleron commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well i think the problems m8 be in the DDR3 memory.., if i remember correctly the one that i got was ddr4 but not 100% sure now!
                    Try to get from them a img for that one!

                • #40
                  superceleron - So the company sent me the img file but it was for the DDR4 version, so it did not work. Then i remembered that you have a DDR3 version for the H96 Pro+ here:

                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...7-wifi-chipset

                  and decided to try that. Your SCV7 rom worked like a charm! Everything loaded well, booted up and runs incredibly fast and smooth! i could kiss you for being my hero but instead i went and donated for all the effort and time you have put in to make these boxes great. Thank you so much!!


                  PS - Trans ID: 7PN82908XX188972T in case there are any issues.

                  Comment


                  • superceleron
                    superceleron commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well nice it worked out, and thks for the beers

                • #41
                  Originally posted by cruzg10 View Post
                  superceleron - So the company sent me the img file but it was for the DDR4 version, so it did not work. Then i remembered that you have a DDR3 version for the H96 Pro+ here:

                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...7-wifi-chipset

                  and decided to try that. Your SCV7 rom worked like a charm! Everything loaded well, booted up and runs incredibly fast and smooth! i could kiss you for being my hero but instead i went and donated for all the effort and time you have put in to make these boxes great. Thank you so much!!


                  PS - Trans ID: 7PN82908XX188972T in case there are any issues.
                  By any chance, did your Android box come in a light colored box, instead of a black box? The box i bought 6 months ago came in a black box, and was a true ddr4 box. It even had a silver sticker on the bottom of the Android box confirming 3gb ddr4 and 32gb hdd. I just bought another box from GearBest and received it yesterday, but it came in a light colored box, and the silver sticker on the bottom of the unit only says smart tv box.... No ddr4 mentioned. So of course, when i flashed this ROM it bricks the box.... I'm assuming my box is the same as yours, DDR3. I'll have to flash the Alfawise ROM and hopefully something good happens! Stupid Chinese manufacturers always ruining good things by changing configurations First Beelink, now Magicsee+

                  Comment


                  • #42
                    Originally posted by BrandoR View Post

                    By any chance, did your Android box come in a light colored box, instead of a black box? The box i bought 6 months ago came in a black box, and was a true ddr4 box. It even had a silver sticker on the bottom of the Android box confirming 3gb ddr4 and 32gb hdd. I just bought another box from GearBest and received it yesterday, but it came in a light colored box, and the silver sticker on the bottom of the unit only says smart tv box.... No ddr4 mentioned. So of course, when i flashed this ROM it bricks the box.... I'm assuming my box is the same as yours, DDR3. I'll have to flash the Alfawise ROM and hopefully something good happens! Stupid Chinese manufacturers always ruining good things by changing configurations First Beelink, now Magicsee+
                    Yes it did. It came in a beige/light brown box. The sticker on it just says iron+ 3gb 32gb but the cardboard box itself has the DDR3 description. Your box should still be recognized by the USB Burning tool. Use Super Celeron's DDR3 rom from the alfawise h96 pro+ and it'll burn and install just fine, barring any other hardware changes. The link from my other post take you to the rom's location. Best of luck

                    ​​​​​​ps - i used a build prop editor to change the model number from H96 PRO PLUS to IRON+.

                    Comment


                    • #43
                      Originally posted by cruzg10 View Post

                      Yes it did. It came in a beige/light brown box. The sticker on it just says iron+ 3gb 32gb but the cardboard box itself has the DDR3 description. Your box should still be recognized by the USB Burning tool. Use Super Celeron's DDR3 rom from the alfawise h96 pro+ and it'll burn and install just fine, barring any other hardware changes. The link from my other post take you to the rom's location. Best of luck

                      ​​​​​​ps - i used a build prop editor to change the model number from H96 PRO PLUS to IRON+.
                      Excellent information, thank you! If I can't get this to work, I'll be contacting Gearbest... their site CLEARLY indicates selling DDR4 boxes

                      Comment


                      • #44
                        superceleron Any chance you could release a DDR3 version of this ROM? I'll pay for it

                        Comment


                        • superceleron
                          superceleron commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No need for it, the H96 one should be good enough i think :P ...
                          but if you get me the DDR3 rom i will have a look at it!

                      • #45
                        superceleron Ok! What's the best way to extract the ROM from the box for you?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X