This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Whatever Beelink themselves come up with will be blown away by the functionality offered by Superceleron in this firmware, regardless of version.
    Sounds good. I'm afraid the most annoying bug with cec (for me) won't be solved (kernel fix needed), but i'm waiting and going to check this fw
    His efforts look grater that the manufacturer's.

Comment

• You guys are in for a real treat when you see this new one
      Video Out: 48" 4K LED Smart TV-HDMI 2.0. Audio Out: SPDIF 5.1/Arc return HDMI to Phillips Soundbar. Stock remote control, Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse. Logitech K400R Plus.
      Chuwi HiBox, ASRock Beebox N3150 (W10/Intel VAAPI with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server) dual boot. NexSmart D32, MXIII-G II

Comment

You guys are in for a real treat when you see this new one

Posted in 1º post.. dont ask for a OTA because im not in the mood to do it!

Comment

• A huge thank you for all of your hard work. Your roms are so much better than the stock, buggy beelink ones!

Comment

• Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Posted in 1º post.. dont ask for a OTA because im not in the mood to do it!
            As if I would ask

I'll wait until next week lol
            Video Out: 48" 4K LED Smart TV-HDMI 2.0. Audio Out: SPDIF 5.1/Arc return HDMI to Phillips Soundbar. Stock remote control, Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse. Logitech K400R Plus.
            Chuwi HiBox, ASRock Beebox N3150 (W10/Intel VAAPI with Krypton v17 based on Ubuntu 16.04 server) dual boot. NexSmart D32, MXIII-G II

Comment

As if I would ask

I'll wait until next week lol
              LOL :P

Comment

• General feedback using MXIII-G II AP6255 (Remember to apply the WiFi/BT patch)
                • Super fast fluid operation that shows the extra oomph provided by the 8 Core 1.5Ghz performance (Antutu 41909).
                • The fastest WiFi and Bluetooth detection I have ever seen on any device, including faster connection than I am use to seeing.
                • Truly sumptuous and vivid colour reproduction, with perfectly accurate tones.
                • Beautiful, perfectly smooth, buffer free (Ethernet) Youtube 4K (Yes 4K!) playback (whether using the bundled TV version or installed from the Play Store). Slight initial buffering when using WiFi (as you would expect for a 4K stream on a box like this) but from then on, as smooth as butter.
                • Almost flawless video file playback performance across the board from FTMC for all the types supported.
                • Almost flawless video file playback performance across the board from MX Player for all the types supported (I suspect that the stock video player will be the same).
                • The best Ethernet/WiFi performance that this box is realistically capable of.
                • TWRP backup and recovery works flawlessly.
                • All the usual settings extra goodies provided by Superceleron, plus a few more (see post #1), which cover so many bases,and worth deep exploration of.
                • All legal streaming services tested work flawlessly (iPlayer, ITV hub etc). Not tried Netflix.
                • Smooth and zippy Web Browsing, whether using stock browser or Chrome.
                • Basic Gaming - Beach Buggy Blitz, Rayman, Angry Birds was flawless.
                • Now that we have true 8 core operation, and slight OC, temps on average are something around the 60C mark with general use apps, with 79C being attained when performing high stres tests. Idling around 53C.
                Bugs:
                • Just one for me (and this may not be the case for you dependent upon which controller you use but on the first (and only the first) page of the Google account sign in, I had to ensure that I used a keyboard as the on screen one does not pop up. Once you have entered your email address and proceeded to the next screen, the on screen keyboard appears for all entries.

Conclusion
                • The most complete, feature packed, bug/crash free, smooth, playback optimised, useful Android box that I have ever used.
                • Nvidia Shield eat your heart out.
                • A huge thank you to Superceleron for the massive amount of time, effort, skill and determination that he has put into every release to get people to this virtually perfect final release and more than anybody could have ever expected to see from such a product.

Note to manufacturers.

This is how you should be doing it in the first place!

Comment

• Comment

• What are the launchers available on this rom?

Comment

• Originally posted by viggen66 View Post
                      What are the launchers available on this rom?
                      hmm.. 1 and that is it!

Comment

• Let's make a petition for a Beelink to hire Superceleron as chief software engineer o.O. Thanks to all the people involved in the project the rom is fantastic

Comment

• Originally posted by natao2008 View Post
                          Let's make a petition for a Beelink to hire Superceleron as chief software engineer o.O. Thanks to all the people involved in the project the rom is fantastic
                          I wish we had a like button right now.

Comment

• Like!!!!!
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

• Does True HD pass-through correctly on this rom?

Comment

• Originally posted by viggen66 View Post
                                Does True HD pass-through correctly on this rom?
                                I only have AC3 and DTS capability here, so not completely sure but there is nothing specific in the changelog about is, so would say that it is likely that this aspect of functionality would be the same as the previous V8C.

Comment

Working...
                                X