X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED - Beyond XBMC (Beta 3.4)

Beta 3.4
    • Updated librtmp.so to make more streams work (Thanks RedPenguin).
    • Changed default OSD button to Play/Pause instead of Subtitles.
    • Updated all Addons.
    • Hopefully Fixed Controller settings in OUYA version.
    • Minor Bug Fixes.

Beta 3.3
    • Updated Common Plugin Cache to hopefully fix the few having problems.
    • Updated Metadata TheMovieDB plugin.

Beta 3.2
    • Removed build.prop check completely (Thanks kandilak).
    • Fixed some remote control key bindings on non-standard remotes (Thanks alexagr).
    • Updated SuperRepo.
    • Added Fanart Slideshow option to Screensavers.
    • Removed Language button from OSD keyboard. It will be back in Gotham.
    • Brought back OpenGL Spectrum Visualization as an option.

Beta 3.1
    • Fixed missing dependencies.
    • Updated Subtitles.

Beta 3

Here is a list of some of the changes since Beta 2.9.
    • Fusion, Xfinity and Mashup sources are included by default. SuperRepo also included.
    • 1Channel, Much Movies HD and Youtube are preinstalled and configured. I have included my own proxy to get around the 1Channel block in the UK, just select it from the 1Channel settings if you need it.
    • Lyrics, Subtitles, XBMC Backup, Missing Movie Scanner and Key Editor are installed and configured.
    • Main screen now has the Karaoke option and also has the Karaoke plugin installed and set up.
    • Option to use MX Player as the playback device in context menu (Local and Streams only, SMB does not work)
    • Family screen will now have main menu plus 2 sub menus (Animation and HD Family) which will auto populate as you add your Movies. The main Family menu contains only Family and Animation Genres, the Animation sub menu contains only Animation Genre and the HD Family sub menu contains only HD films of Family and Animation Genres.
    • Videos will only show the needed sub menus as sources are added to the Library(Movies, TVShows, etc).
    • Pictures now has a Slideshow sub menu and links to the backgrounds folder as an example.
    • The default layouts of each Window have been altered to use what looks best in my own opinion. You can set what you want afterwards.
    • Music Playback will now animate fanart automatically once you have some.
    • New cache settings which hopefully will be more compatible for everyone.
    • Update all addons.
    • Various other tweaks and changes.

Install Instructions

Just install it like any other APK now with whatever build.prop you like.

If 720P does not work for you then this is not meant for your hardware. It was tested on RockChip Devices but appears to work on a lot of others.

Launcher version is only for roms that don't have a system bar. Auto hide function in any rom hides everything except anything classed as a launcher so it will show system bar if used on a normal rom. You could always rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.old and it will remove the bar completely but I don't advise it unless you know what you are doing.

It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

If you find that the Interface it too slow on your device then go to Skin Settings and under "General" click on "Enable Minimum Specifications Settings".

Downloads

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4 (Launcher Version)

Ouya Users

Here is a test version for OUYA users only. This should enable smooth HD playback for OUYA users where the normal version doesn't but some old SD content might not work.

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4 (OUYA Version)

Thanks
    • XBMC
    • Koying
    • Mudislander
    • ......and you guys for using my XBMC and giving me something to do. Thank you.
    Last edited by Flumpster; 04-03-2014, 03:07 AM.
    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

I love you

Comment

Testing (Zebra Test)

Testing now, will give you feedback later ... First the "Zebra Test" ...(lol)

Comment

Thanks Flumpster

Comment

PASS THE ZEBRA TEST

The "Beyond XBMC" has passed the "Zebra Test" with flying colors with 4K like video playback ... All of the Zebras crossed the river smooth as silk ... No other XBMC, including the Gotham nightly XBMC builds can match the video resolution quality and video playback smoothness of the "Beyond XBMC" ... Again awesome work, well done Flumpster ...!

Comment

Do we install over 2.9 or uninstall then install 3.0?

Yup its all new to me but I'm learning

Oh, THANKS FLUMPSTER!

The 2.9 was great, this should be awesome!
            FLHT = Harley
            HEMI = 2010 Challenger SRT
            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
              Do we install over 2.9 or uninstall then install 3.0?

Yup its all new to me but I'm learning
              I haven't really tested it as an upgrade to 2.9 as it is meant as a new setup but it should work.

I would install it clean tho. Just rename your existing com.flumpster.xbmc folder to something else before uninstalling old one so you can restore it if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                I haven't really tested it as an upgrade to 2.9 as it is meant as a new setup but it should work.

I would install it clean tho. Just rename your existing com.flumpster.xbmc folder to something else before uninstalling old one so you can restore it if you want.
                Thanks, not worried about a restore. Just kindavlearning my way around it.
                FLHT = Harley
                Cause I've been asked.

Comment

not successful

finding it difficult install the Beyond 3 on rk3188 bosuntop mk 903iv

Comment

Originally posted by isaybo View Post
                    finding it difficult install the Beyond 3 on rk3188 bosuntop mk 903iv

App not installed....what maybe the cause

Comment

Exciting. I'll test out beta 3 tomorrow.

I have a request for 3.1 though (I know, I'm an asshole). Is it possible for you to make a shortcut to enable/disable the cursor control?? For people like me who use an airmouse this would be a huuuuge advantage in your build. I generally have it disabled but say, for example I want to skip halfway through a movie, I could enable the cursor select halfway on the progress bar and disable again? Is that's something you think you could do?

If it could be a command I could keymap a particular let on the keyboard to enable/disable.

Love you work Flumpster. You are making my android TV usable!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if this is just me

Did a complete and fresh install of this on my android box - and off the bat 1channel is not connecting through the new primewire proxy - my ISP does block 1 channel FYI

Comment

I got beta 3.0 installed fine on mine. I went with a clean install since I'd been just copying my old data folders on the previous ones... I just wanted to clean the installation up and only install/enable the things I'm actually using.

First thing... MashUp isn't the latest... it's still just 1.3.9 but that is likely because at the moment you need to join their new forum in order to download the 1.4.0 version. I assume that will change later. So this is just FYI and not a bug or something overlooked really.

AFter I went through and enabled all of the various plugin's I wanted... I went to change to the Ace skin... just clicking on the option to select a skin Beyond XBMC crashed to the desktop. I started it up again and got into adding the skin and when it asked if I wanted it to be enabled... again it crashed to the desktop. Upon restarting at that point... it enabled just fine and no other problems seen yet.

Obviously this may be a "one off" issue... just something to note and see if it happens again.

Comment

It is middle of the night here and I am in bed so this had to be brief.

Originally posted by isaybo View Post
                            App not installed....what maybe the cause
                            Questions like this are useless to me without info mate. Without any info my answer is act of god

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post

I have a request for 3.1 though (I know, I'm an asshole). Is it possible for you to make a shortcut to enable/disable the cursor control?? For people like me who use an airmouse this would be a huuuuge advantage in your build. I generally have it disabled but say, for example I want to skip halfway through a movie, I could enable the cursor select halfway on the progress bar and disable again? Is that's something you think you could do?

If it could be a command I could keymap a particular let on the keyboard to enable/disable.
                            No plans for this but I will see if there is anyway to program a key to it.

Originally posted by gollygosh View Post
                            Did a complete and fresh install of this on my android box - and off the bat 1channel is not connecting through the new primewire proxy - my ISP does block 1 channel FYI
                            The proxy is working find here on sky. See if you can get to the link directly. http://flump2.comze.com/

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                            First thing... MashUp isn't the latest... it's still just 1.3.9 but that is likely because at the moment you need to join their new forum in order to download the 1.4.0 version. I assume that will change later. So this is just FYI and not a bug or something overlooked really.
                            I have only added their source. They haven't decided to release it on there yet, just only for their members on the forum so go nag them

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                            AFter I went through and enabled all of the various plugin's I wanted... I went to change to the Ace skin... just clicking on the option to select a skin Beyond XBMC crashed to the desktop. I started it up again and got into adding the skin and when it asked if I wanted it to be enabled... again it crashed to the desktop. Upon restarting at that point... it enabled just fine and no other problems seen yet.

Obviously this may be a "one off" issue... just something to note and see if it happens again.
                            Even normal xbmc crashes now and again but you are trying to enable one of the most demanding skins there is along with Aeon. Half the point of Beyond XBMC is the interface and if you are not really going to use it then you would be far better off using Minix beta 2 release. If it's any consolation tho I have had 1 or 2 crashes myself while messing about in settings but I have been installing it constantly and playing with things.

Comment

Not to worry about Gotham the context menu option I wanted is in this version! Dude, I give this s it's way better than any other version I have tried. Every addon works mostly perfect. No crashes yet. Still on stock theme. I'm friggin lovin' life right now. It's much more fluid moving about in it too.

Think I might just order anothe TV stick for the bedroom TV now.

Anyone know of a DLNA client for XBMC? IF I could find a way to access my Playon server it would be sooooo close to perfect.

Thank you Flumpster! Great job!

Oh hell, I still haven't gotten around to adding my media to it.. . I best get busy.
                              FLHT = Harley
                              Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Working...
                              X